Kelly Palvik would Run Today’s MW Division

Smokes

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I look at today’s Crop and think Kelly could run these fools. He was great with the Charlo and GGG types, it was Hopkins style that would trouble him and only even on that lvl is Saul and he is 168. Kelly might even mop up the 168 Division too, outside of Saul. Dude was really good.

You don't think he'd get stopped by any of the Charlo brothers?

I look at today’s Crop and think Kelly could run these fools. He was great with the Charlo and GGG types, it was Hopkins style that would trouble him and only even on that lvl is Saul and he is 168. Kelly might even mop up the 168 Division too, outside of Saul. Dude was really good.

Next time you think about posting. Don't.

The Charlo brothers stop him, but he'd mark them up before getting sparked for sure. He was a fun, exciting fighter, he could've been even greater without the alcoholism

The Charlo brothers stop him, but he'd mark them up before getting sparked for sure. He was a fun, exciting fighter, he could've been even greater without the alcoholism

I hope you mean if Pavlik returned today and not prime Pavlik. Jermall couldn't even stop a cab driver last fight and was getting rocked.

He had a rock solid chin, I don’t think the Charlos stop him, id favor Pavlik against them.

Vintage GGG, Biev and Canelo slice and dice his face and force a Dr’s stoppage and Bivol gives him a boxing lesson

Pavlik and Benavidez would be an all out war

Derevchenko and Castano would give him problems stylistically

He had a rock solid chin, I don’t think the Charlos stop him, id favor Pavlik against them.

Vintage GGG, Biev and Canelo slice and dice his face and force a Dr’s stoppage and Bivol gives him a boxing lesson

Pavlik and Benavidez would be an all out war

When did Bivol compete at middleweight?

I rate Pavlik, very good fighter but I think OP has made a bit of a sweeping statement here.
We all see things differently though, be boring if we saw things all the same

Kelly was much better than some people would give him credit for. He does get hit more than I like to see, and he doesn't do too much to roll or peel some of the sting off those shots. I think he could probably wear down a guy like Charlo who doesn't have many layers to his game and seems to have reliable, but not terrifying power. GGG vs Pavlik would be good. GGG from 2014 was peak form. GGG's jab might keep Pavlik from steadily rolling through him. Both have good chins, but in a fight like this I think it comes down to who has the better chin.

Last edited:
Next time you think about posting. Don't.
Yeah the desperate click bait claims for bad takes are annoying.
Some pretty horrendous takes in here too.
Glad the Charlos keep winning and keep ruffling feathers too.
Was a huge Pavlik fan but to act like he just cruises through today's champs isn't reality.
There were people in his own era past their prime that gave him hell and all kinds of problems. Not to mention his own internal problems. Was a big fan of Pavlik since I'm from Ohio.

Yeah the desperate click bait claims for bad takes are annoying.
Some pretty horrendous takes in here too.
Glad the Charlos keep winning and keep ruffling feathers too.
Was a huge Pavlik fan but to act like he just cruises through today's champs isn't reality.
There were people in his own era past their prime that gave him hell and all kinds of problems. Not to mention his own internal problems. Was a big fan of Pavlik since I'm from Ohio.

Nobody in this thread has realized yet, but this thread is actually about someone called Kelly Palvik, not Kelly Pavlik, based on the title.

I don't know who Kelly Palvik was but he probably beats everyone from 160-175 not named David Benavidez.

Nobody in this thread has realized yet, but this thread is actually about someone called Kelly Palvik, not Kelly Pavlik, based on the title.

I don't know who Kelly Palvik was but he probably beats everyone from 160-175 not named David Benavidez.
If only this thread and TS can get the @MoreKane treatment. Repeated poor troll dogshit threads = ban.

You don't think he'd get stopped by any of the Charlo brothers?

Maybe dropped but he'd drop and stop them a la Taylor. Kelly was basic just like them but was willing to make big fights and not hide in obscurity like Jermall

kelly wasn’t a bad fighter but he wasn’t great either. i don’t think he’d be very competitive at 160-168 today. too much talent.

Back