Kelvin Gastelum vs. Darren Till Official For UFC 244 in New York

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a pure boxing match kelvin cleans up against most of the roster honestly. And the way he covers distance being so small is quite impressive.

If you had to look at one guy who understands boxing and could transition over to it and find success it would be kelvin.

Masvidal is one of my favorite fighters but I don't favor him against Kevin sadly.
Kelvins way easier to hit. He leaves his chin exposed and relies on his reflexes. He can slip well but I think Masvidal has even better head movement. He also has better footwork than Kelvin and a way better lead hand. Kelvin has great physical attributes, most notably his chin. I think Jorge has more weapons on the feet, though.

I don't know man, I think Till's lenght and power might be too much for Kelvin. I know his output is usually pretty bad, but Darren can crack and has good timing.

If Darren Till keeps those hands low like he usually does, Kelvin is going to KO another Brit.
BispingKO_1280x720_1103615043948.jpg
Henderson Bless

th

I am of few people that is picking Till, I cant explain it but at MW his chin is going to be much better, I dont think he will get tired easily. He will use his range and that is going to bother Gastelum

Good fight for till if he can pull a win but it's not gonna be easy

Till's striking looks better on paper but Gastelum just has an intangible ability to step out there on fight night and get the dub.

Till should have stayed in Brazil he'd be a much better fighter than he is now

The Baldfather strikes again.

"Yeah, we may have thrown that kid in with the big boys too soon at WW"

"Let's set him up against Gastelum at MW"

Dana, ya Goof!

Till gonna be singin "Sweet Caroline...da da da"

But I want Till to win

Hell of a fight. I don't know where it puts Till with a loss. And Kelvin is not an easy out for anyone. Hell, a few inches here or there in a few fights and Kelvin could be a champ already.

If Izzy had trouble with KG’s boxing, speed, power, and durability then I don’t see till having much of a chance here.

I do think he will fare better at MW rather than WW, but he should’ve dipped his toes in the division first and not swan dive into the deep end lol this is a classic case of sink or swim.. KG is a killer in the cage

Kelvins way easier to hit. He leaves his chin exposed and relies on his reflexes. He can slip well but I think Masvidal has even better head movement. He also has better footwork than Kelvin and a way better lead hand. Kelvin has great physical attributes, most notably his chin. I think Jorge has more weapons on the feet, though.

Jorge is definitely the more well rounded guy especially standing. And while I agree with the footwork comparison there is one big difference between them.

Jorge switches things up much better like how he baited till with that punch several times before switching stances last second and catching him.

The area where Kelvin shines is the speed and ways he covers distance and range. Gastelum realistically fights two weight classes heavier than he should simply because he lacks discipline in some areas. Dieting, cutting calories etc. Don't get it twisted, the dudes a short/fat lightweight fighting at middleweight. There is no reason he should be able to cover distance and enter the pocket the way he does. How much reach did he give up to Israel? 9 inches? How much height? 5-6 inches? Look at how effortlessly he could explode into the pocket, land 3 power shots and explode right back out during those first 2 rounds.

Till doesn't rely on reflexes and timing the way Israel does. It's just clubbing shots and the odd counter. Kelvin dropped Israel multiple times with the strategy I mentioned above. In no way can Till react even half as quick as Israel did. If Till doesn't circle and let's Kelvin explode in and throw a combination he's going to get knocked out and fast. Simply because he's going to get beaten to the punch everytime.

Masvidal has struggled with this in fights. Most notably his fight against Wonderboy. He couldn't cover the distance against a guy who wouldn't engage in a firefight with him. I believe Kelvin could and probably would fairly quickly.

You do bring up several solid points. Especially the head movement. Kelvin has decent enough head movement but he often slips the wrong way in anticipation and gets hit for it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back