Kelvin is a betting underdog against Jacare?

If Jacare can pressure Gastelum to the fence, then Gastelum will do what he always does which is to clinch. Jacare will take him down from the clinch where his TDs are the strongest imo and sub him if that’s his game plan. Gastelum has good boxing and footwork, but needs to circle away from the cage effectively to avoid the possibility of Jacare’s takedown.

I get that it’s a meme to say Jacare can’t take anyone down, but he has only failed to do that effectively against Whittaker, who has top tier TDD and wrestling.

At this point i'd definitely put money on kelvin. But i'm not going to.

Pretty much a 50/50 fight. If I had to bet, my money is on Jacare but I can easily see Gastelum winning by TKO or UD.

Crazy how Kelvin started off as one of the last picks on TUF. Now he's competeting against the best MWs in the world.

I see Kelvin winning this fight.

Kelvin is the grandpa slayer. Lots of hespect for the Caimán. But Gastelum is going in and out with some hooks, and then will KO Souza with a nasty uppercut. Jacaré is slow.

Kelvin has been taken down by every opponent that has attempted to take him down in the UFC, outside of Rick Story, who only tried once. 7 other opponents have tried and they've all got him down. Neil Magny took him down 6 times. This narrative that he's some great sprawl and brawler doesn't align with reality. His take down defense sits at 58%. That sucks

if it were his first fight back, i'd agree with you.

and Gastelum is no Brunson.

but damn, he wrecked Brunson.

i wouldn't bet money on this fight either way.

i can easily see 4 different outcomes. none of them would surprise me.

This.

If I had to bet, I'd bet on Jacare. I think he should be the favorite.

That being said, I would not bet any of my money on this fight.

....You remember Kelvin losing to Neil, right?

Or more recently Chris dominating him for all but like 15 seconds of the fight?
I Member! I think Kelvin is a bit overrated and Jacare buts him away.

+120 isn't an underdog, its basically even odds
Wrong. +120 is an underdog when the favorite is -150. Both fighters being at -110 and -110 would be even odds. There is no such thing as "basically".

Robert-De-Niro-Sam-Rothstein.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back