Kentucky Derby...and Beyond?

Tailing everything as usual Shark. Good luck today sir, thanks for sharing.

Cheers T. Best of luck to you as well.

I'm going to be leaving shortly to make those plays and sit down at the OTB and play some other races. Don't why I feel this way since I'm almost always pretty conservative with what I bet, but I really feel an urge to gamble today.

Yeah, it was weird, T. I made that post, closed my browser, turned off the computer, walked to the kitchen, opened the pantry and there it was. Boom. Less than a minute. It took me a second or two to register after seeing that box (which my wife just bought yesterday), but there it was clear. How could I not take that as a sign?

Cheers T. Best of luck to you as well.

I'm going to be leaving shortly to make those plays and sit down at the OTB and play some other races. Don't why I feel this way since I'm almost always pretty conservative with what I bet, but I really feel an urge to gamble today.

Change of plans. Didn't feel like sitting there afterall, although I did make a play in the G2 Lake Placid on the green stuff at Saratoga, which is the race before the Alabama. Ended up going win the #1 Coasted (8/1 morning line) to win that race for 2u based on her huge E2 increase last time out, 3rd start off layoff, 2nd highest last out Brisnet figure, and she fits on class.

No odds on 5d? Did the races already start?

The races we've been talking about haven't started yet, Jae, so I'm not sure what the issue is there. The Alabama is still over an hour away with the two Del Mar races not happening for a few hours yet.

7/1 on this #8 horse, Glory to Kitten, in race 7 at Saratoga seems like quite the big overlay. I was thinking about playing her this race, but ended up passing. Wish I did bet her at those odds.

...and she finishes 2nd by about a half length to a 20/1 longshot. Now I don't feel so bad.

That horse, Glory to Kitten, came into the race off that E2 angle that I like so much and always talk about on here. She finished 2nd. It's actually getting pretty stupid how often horses with that angle end up finishing 2nd lately. Like really stupid. Seems like almost every time I note that angle the horse that has it ends up finishing 2nd. Anybody else notice that? It's crazy. Instead of betting those horses to win I should probably just bet them to place and then key them in 2nd in the exotics. I'm backing both Coasted and New Money Honey today in part because of that angle, but if they both finish 2nd then I give up. I'll just play that angle to finish 2nd in the future.

Change of plans. Didn't feel like sitting there afterall, although I did make a play in the G2 Lake Placid on the green stuff at Saratoga, which is the race before the Alabama. Ended up going win the #1 Coasted (8/1 morning line) to win that race for 2u based on her huge E2 increase last time out, 3rd start off layoff, 2nd highest last out Brisnet figure, and she fits on class.

She's also 2 for 2 over this Saratoga turf, and with the scratch of the #5 horse, she may end up being the controlling speed on a soft pace... and she's the longest shot on the board.

So much for that. Was the longest shot on the board and ran like it finishing last of 5.

Meh. 5th for New Money Honey after a weird race of going forward, dropping back around the urn, and going forward again. Salty just missed 2nd.

No odds on 5d? Did the races already start?

For some reason I can't logon to my 5dimes account right now but all the lines where there earlier. Did you go to the racebook?

Meh. 5th for New Money Honey after a weird race of going forward, dropping back around the urn, and going forward again. Salty just missed 2nd.

I kept thinking she was going to make her move but it never came. Ah well, we'll get it back at Del Mar!

For some reason I can't logon to my 5dimes account right now but all the lines where there earlier. Did you go to the racebook?
Totally forgot about that! The odds change, though or something when you bet on there right?

Totally forgot about that! The odds change, though or something when you bet on there right?

Yea they only put up odds that you can lock in for the biggest races. When you bet on the racebook it shows you the morning line but you get paid based the closing line, just like you do at the track or OTB.

A 2nd for Itsinthepost with Liam the Charmer well back. Not a good day at all today regardless what happens in this next race and I'm left with trying to beat Arrogate to avoid getting completely shut out. Ugh.

Is this horse rated best in the world really the best in the world?

Winx is the best atm IMO.

Is this horse rated best in the world really the best in the world?

Winx is the best atm IMO.

Winx deserves that distinction now at this point in time, but up until his last race I think Arrogate deserved it. We'll see how he does today.

Back