News Kevin Holland vs Alex Oliveira set for UFC 272 on March 5th

Who wins?

• Total voters
Good fight for his 170 debut.

Curious to see how he'll look.

Considering he's dry and thin on the scale at middleweight, my prediction is he's going to look like a toothpick. Taking another 15lbs off this guy seems like a bad move, he's an appropriately sized middleweight that has been losing on low quality grappling skill.

1064371752.0.jpg

derek-brunson-kevin-holland-ufc-on-espn-21-official-weigh-ins-1.jpg

Sadly, this could be the end of Cowboy Oliveria

I favor Holland

With a loss it would be 4-in a row for Cowboy

He’s 2-3 in his last 5 with a 3-fight losing streak

Should be a fun fight but Holland likely wins. Oliveira seems to be slowing down. Taking a more patient approach for Holland is probably a smart move.

Considering he's dry and thin on the scale at middleweight, my prediction is he's going to look like a toothpick. Taking another 15lbs off this guy seems like a bad move, he's an appropriately sized middleweight that has been losing on low quality grappling skill.

1064371752.0.jpg

Word is that Holland walks around at about 195lb and doesn't cut much to make MW. That makes him pretty undersized in today's MW division, where plenty of the guys like Costa, Cannonier, Vettori, are walking around at like 210+. Holland's walk around weight is pretty much in line with many of the guys at WW, so assuming he can do the cut correctly, the move down to WW makes sense and he should see more success there. But of course we won't know for sure until we see him at the weight, as some guys don't respond well to weight cuts.

1064371752.0.jpg

The thing is, he didn't look that much different during the weign Vs when he's in the cage.

I dont know how much he cutted but I dont think it was that much.

Word is that Holland walks around at about 195lb and doesn't cut much to make MW.

People get confused by size and walk around weight. Much is said about Colby not having a big weight cut from his 'walk around' weight.

Colby stays in shape year round and maintains a low body fat. Guys with that level of discipline are just making it easier to avoid wasting time getting in shape at the start of camp, they can focus on skill training and conditioning for a peak. Holland has the frame of a middleweight and he looks dry, lean and moderately muscled standing on a scale that says 186lbs.

When I first read this, my brain told me Alex Pereira. I'm not as excited now...

Back