Khabib gassing in championship rounds?

Wishful Tony fans. They know Ferguson has good cardio so they're hoping Khabib will gas in the later rounds to give their boy a chance..

I mean, unless Khabib completely grapple fucks Tony, Tony is a dangerous match up for Khabib. Taller, range, decent striking, heart, cardio, wrestler himself, great bottom game... Looks like he's tailored made for Khabib. If a lot of people put money on Khabib I Might have to drop some on Tony just in case Tony wins.

Khabib was sucking wind for a full 10 minutes after the Barboza fight. Gassing isn't the craziest notion. He's also had trouble making weight and staying healthy, not great signs for conditioning. But no, obviously we haven't seen him completely gas in the cage at this point.

What people dont understand is that Khabib has never actually made 155lbs. Last time he tried, his body shut down and he almost died.

People dont understand how hard that last lb is, it takes a hard toll on your liver, and effects the fight.

If people want to know why Conor got a TS after beating Siver, its because he weighed in for a title fight, and performed good, that alone showed the UFC that theu can rely on Conor for a title fight. Its a real issue promoters have to be concerned about.

Also its ok to look good in 3 rounds. The championship rounds are a different animal. There's is a big difference when your winded and theres 2 mins left on the clock so you push through. And when your winded and you still got another 12 minutes to go.

Thia is why the finish ratio is lower in championship rounds.

Any fighter in his first 5 round fight should have there cardio questioned, its not that they have poor cardio. Its aboit knowing how to pace themselves.

One of the replies said the truth, he was never in the 5 round fight.

One group of people will be right. Wait and see, I say.
the application of logic must feel liberating...?

<TheWire1>

What people dont understand is that Khabib has never actually made 155lbs. Last time he tried, his body shut down and he almost died.

People dont understand how hard that last lb is, it takes a hard toll on your liver, and effects the fight.

If people want to know why Conor got a TS after beating Siver, its because he weighed in for a title fight, and performed good, that alone showed the UFC that theu can rely on Conor for a title fight. Its a real issue promoters have to be concerned about.

Also its ok to look good in 3 rounds. The championship rounds are a different animal. There's is a big difference when your winded and theres 2 mins left on the clock so you push through. And when your winded and you still got another 12 minutes to go.

Any fighter in his first 5 round fight should have there cardio questioned, its not that they have poor cardio. Its aboit knowing how to pace themselves.
In December he had the easiest cut of his life. He weighed in at 155.5. He should be just fine with his nutritionist.

In December he had the easiest cut of his life. He weighed in at 155.5. He should be just fine with his nutritionist.

He should be, but that extra .5 is significant. I dont doubt he'll make weight, but the way he'll perform could be impacted by it.

McGregor basically guaranteed himself a TS after the Porier fight. The Siver fight was a "showcase/coming out to the world" fight. There gave Conor a fight not against a contender, fully expecting him to smoke Siver and look good doing it to maximize the buzz around McGregor and the title fight.

It worked.

Its a predicton and educated guess: wheres the dilemma ts?

Tony himself thinks khabib will have cut and gas issues, i think hes knows better than your average sherbro.

Besides, khabib doesnt need to gas as such - hes not matching tonys output over 5 and hes not stopping tony inside 3 much less 5.

We'll see

Tony has went 5 rounds 1 time. Yes he has good cardio, as does khabib. I think Khabibs style will make Tony tire far more than visa versa. Almost positive this fight goes to the ground often, and khabib will be on top. That's very tiring for Tony. Plus lots of things can take away cardio in a fight, so it's hard to say. If Tony rocks khabib.. He will lose stamina. I honestly don't see cardio being an issue for either, but people act like Tony has been 5 rounds on numerous occasions and it's just not the case. Khabib has far better coaches now for weight cut, diet etc and I know he has fought multiple times in a day doing grappling tourneys.

I’m not even remotely concerned with his fuel consumption.

I don’t know where this started. But there is literally zero proof. And when he has gone the full 3 rounds. He looks good. Good enough to go another 3.

I keep seeing people think Khabib will be in trouble should this fight make it to the later rounds. Many have made it seem as though it is inevitable he will gas. I don't recall him ever slowing down or even looking very tired after 3 rounds, am I forgetting something? I haven't seen any indication that this is a foregone conclusion.
It’s the fact that he hasn’t been in a 5 round fight combined with the fact that he cuts a lot of weight. People assume hard weight cut= bad gas tank. Nobody knows for sure though it’s all hearsay

It’s the fact that he hasn’t been in a 5 round fight combined with the fact that he cuts a lot of weight. People assume hard weight cut= bad gas tank. Nobody knows for sure though it’s all hearsay
you could probably ask a few fighters if a hard weight cut = poor gas tank.

i have heard a few say that very thing.

so i dont really think it's heresay.
its a fact jack.

I keep seeing people think Khabib will be in trouble should this fight make it to the later rounds. Many have made it seem as though it is inevitable he will gas. I don't recall him ever slowing down or even looking very tired after 3 rounds, am I forgetting something? I haven't seen any indication that this is a foregone conclusion.

Khabib got all da gas he needs

gNoSFVO.jpg

The idea comes from the fact that Tony fights at an extreme pace, and most fighters wouldn’t be able to keep up with him.

I won’t assume Khabib can’t keep up, but most guys can’t, ya know.

No one can argue Khabib has ever gassed.

Sure, his output is not fully as high in the end of the 3rd rounds as it is in the 1st, but arguably he keeps a higher pace than most. And one could claim he just doesn't need to push the pace in the 3rd cause his mauled opponents have also slowed down.

But the mere hint of him slowing down in some 3rd rounds makes it interesting to speculate about where his limit might be.
A big part of the charm of this fight is that Khabib could very well dominate the first three rounds, but the rest is unknown territory and Tony is probably the number 1 guy in the UFC when it comes to weathering storms and coming back to win.

Last edited:
He's never looked tired but he's also never really fought someone like Tony that can push the pace, it's also easier to not gas when you are dominating the positions and therefore controlling the pace, if it's a long, close back and forth fight it's a different level of gas tank you need than if you're dominating.

I don't think he'll gas but his previous fights aren't really proof that he won't.

Back