Khabib: I’m going to ‘destroy’ Conor McGregor

lol at thinking Khabib is on Conors level

he does what he wants

conor knows khabib will maul him on the mat and that why he been ducking him the whole time. he was filling to be stripped of his belt than even think of defending it vs khabib

conor knows khabib will maul him on the mat and that why he been ducking him the whole time. he was filling to be stripped of his belt than even think of defending it vs khabib
what a lovely imagination youve got there

50/50 fight. Who imposes there game. Either conors power and striking pulls through or khabibs chin holds up ans he mauls conor......... would still rather see tony khabib though!

IF this fight happens, it's foolish to think that McGregor can't win it, his counter left is always a danger. That being said, it's every bit as foolish to believe that Nurmagomedov can't win it. Again, it's a huge "if", but if it happens, I would expect Nurmagomedov to get the fight to the ground and do his thing. It often seems that taking a fighter out of his comfort zone exacerbates any problems with cardio, so I would then expect McGregor to gas, and eventually be stopped. Basically, if McGregor doesn't get a stoppage in the first, or maybe the first couple of minutes of the second, he's going to have a very bad night.

Edit: I'll be shocked if this fight actually happens. McGregor doesn't need the money, I doubt he'll risk his "aura" (and future earning potential) against an unfavorable match up like this.

I think it'll happen, giving everything that's gone on - biggest fight in UFC history - I'm not sure, but I don't think it matters. Last we heard, Conor had a deal to do with the UFC, so whether that's close to being resolved or not is anyone's guess. I'd imagine that meeting he's yet to have with Dana is part of it, but he also threw his name in the hat for the Edgar fight after Holloway pulled out and Nurmagomedov.

I'd agree with how you paint the picture of how the fight could play out for both of them, but I thought Conor's hands looked razor sharp against Alvarez. People will say Alvarez was tailor made for Conor to beat him, but he still had to go out and put him away.

Nurmagomedov has not changed much in terms of the way he shoots in for a take down - he made a slight adjustment with Barboza and kept him on the back foot until he got him down, but nothing in terms of technique on the feet or his weaker parts of his skill-set. We've seen better strikers than Nurmagomedov get planted or dropped by one shot. But that's a different debate for another day.

I don't think Conor thinks about having an aura to protect or focuses on his legacy - which I personally think that whole thing is a crock of shite - and I don't think most fighters pay much attention to what fans think of each individual's one. He has to get the court case out of the way. I feel that having the kid is something he may have had to adapt to and he's done nearly as much PR as Rousey did when she was popping up on every show in the States or traveling abroad. I think we'll find out soon what's going on.

Would rather see GSP vs Khabib and Conor Nate 3. Conor needs a tune up fight and Khabib will lose to Georges. GSP vs Conor is the fight to make.

I actually think it's the easiest fight for McGregor in the LW top 3. Lee's quickness gives McGregor problems and Tony's awkwardness gives him problems. Khabib is a plodder that blocks punches with his face. McGregor picks him apart pretty easily.

My interest peaked a while ago, I just want to see Khabib fight again tbh.

Conor will beat khabib easily. I hope this fight happens and soon. Can't wait to see all the Conor haters coming up with excuses.

I will happily make a bet with you, to be held in escrow pending the outcome.

How much?

it was pretty obvious Conor wanted no part of Khabib or the other contenders at LW. now that he's got some legal money problems I think he has take one last fight. Khabib smashes him or gets robbed on the scorecards.

If this fight happens, I fear for Conor. It will play out similar to the Chad Mendes fight.

Except, Khabib is the bigger and stronger man here. Conor won't survive or slither his way out if Khabib get's him to the ground. The last time we saw Conor in the octagon, he snuffed Eddie Alvarez's takedown rather casually so I'm not entirely sure what to make of that... but Khabib could easily fight at 170 so we are talking different leagues here.

Conor is the male version of Ronda Rousey.....a one trick pony....all he has is that left. He just hasnt fought his Holm/Nunes yet......but its coming.

Except Ronda caved as soon as she faced decent opponents.

Conor has already beat The current FW champion in max holloway, Mendes, Ko'd the best fW of all time in Aldo, and dismantled a solid LW champion.

Rousey went into hiding after she lost, Conor dusted himself off and went straight back after Diaz to avenge the Loss.

I understand why people hate Conor, I can't stand some of his stupid shit. but lets be realistic here.

this fight goes two ways

khahib mauls him on the ground and submits or tko's Conor in the third round

OR

Conor sleeps khabib in the first

First scenario is much more likely

Khabib will maul him. did anyone watch mendes fight? multiply that times 10. Khabib won't gas either. Conor will and doesnt have the meddle to go 5 rounds getting his face smashed like Al did.

Connie will never fight Khabib though I've said this 3 years since he stepped over Khabib and went running with baby excuse. Sticking to it.

Look I'm no fan of CM at all. I think he had been bad for the sport as a whole. But, there's no denying his punching power in mma. And, after watching a few of Khabib's fights now, I think it's probably better than as 50-50 proposition that CM KOs him. He walks straight in with his chin up trying to get takedowns, and could easily get clipped. Michael Johnson wobbled him for crying out loud. Don't get me wrong, if he can get it to the ground he probably wins easily, but he also hasn't shown much ability to finish in his last couple fights either. Each round starts out on the feet, so that's several chances for CM to catch him.

He might pitter patter G&P him to a decision, but that's it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back