Khabib is PROOF that Good Weight Cutting is just Genetics and should be banned or Regulated!

I haven’t really seen a good, feasible alternative to weight cutting yet.

Is he using Tyler Minton again as a nutritionist?

Bro..............He is talking about walk around weight....Losing fat percentage.

You seem to be implying, that he is cutting water weight from 187lbs.

Khabib cuts water weight from 170lbs-180lbs...which is normal for Lightweights.

BTW see the video...11days away and he is on 169.5lbs.....That seems very healthy.
Are you stupid? You're the only one talking about cutting water weight.

Read what I said litterally just a minute ago 2, 3 posts above.

So you just want the genetic advantages your favorite fighter has to be allowed?

Lol a ton of things in sport are genetics. This is silly.
Ok?

So if they made basketball players have to be a certain weight, to make it fair........Are we gonna pretend that weight cutting, has alot to do with basketball as a sport? lololol.

they should ban the following...

wrestling with bears.

tiramisu.

having a beard with no mustache.

ramadan.

championship fights with no champion.

daylight savings time.

aprils fools day.

cutting height.

Khabib weighs around 190 in the off-season and probably around 175-180 before the weight cut. That's a big cut, no matter how you put it. I don't believe every LW cuts 25 pounds of water weight.

As for Conor, he had to bulk up and put on pounds for the first fight against Diaz, and yet he only weighed in at 168. When he was a FW I cannot imagine him weighing more than 160-165 pounds before the water cut.

Yes genetics play a role - they do in everything, and yes, weight cutting should be banned.
Khabib does not cut 25lbs of water. There’s two different parts. There’s the dieting in camp to get down to your goal weight where you want to start the cut which happens the week of the fight, and then the actual cut the week of the fight like I just mentioned. That week isn’t just a week of cutting water. There’s a whole process behind it.

First, TS needs to dial down the hyperbole. You can make a point without going over the top and sound ridiculous.

Second, saying that weight cutting is "just genetics" is nonsense. Some fighters are much more experienced at it (e.g., wrestlers). Some fighters aren't as disciplined as others. And some coaches/nutritionists are better at taking their fighters through the process.

Third, I agree that weight cutting is a problem. Considering the fact that cutting weight has nothing to do with fighting abilities, I'd say it's huge role in the sport is ridiculously disproportionate to its intended purpose.

Except that actually has to do with fighting...If you get into a fight in the streets, speed/strength/power/etc matter.

Having to cut weight before a fight, it's unnatural and stupid as fuck...It has nothing to do with fighting.

In an actual fight you can poke eyes and kick people in the dick. You can even stab a guy if you're so inclined

Actual fighting has no relevance to the sport of MMA

And that's without pointing out Khabib has more advantages than disadvantages genetically and through circumstances of birth compared to almost every fighter on earth

GSP walks around the same weight as Khabib in the off season except he competes at 170. Hell Khabib might even walk around a 5 lbs heavier than GSP in the off season.

He cuts a huge amount of weight. Conor also cuts a huge amount.

I never said he was cutting 32 pounds of water weight. That's impossible.
Again bro...Walking weight doesn't amtter.

GSP could walk at 190lbs and Khabib can too....Except GSP will have way less fat percentage, and he can simply cut water weight and make weight....Khabib on the other hand, if he cut water weight to 170lbs, would be fat as fuck....and Im sure GSP's walking weight is much more than 200, as of late.

Maybe you didn't say he cut 32lbs...but that's sure how it sounds like.

should just ban good genetics from sports..no blacks allowed

As for Conor, he had to bulk up and put on pounds for the first fight against Diaz, and yet he only weighed in at 168. When he was a FW I cannot imagine him weighing more than 160-165 pounds before the water cut.

Yes genetics play a role - they do in everything, and yes, weight cutting should be banned.

Do you actually believe what you just wrote?? Lets follow your argument a bit, you claim (or Conor did) Conor "bulked up" and only made 168lbs, that means he was eating all the steak he wanted, like he was doing on pre-fight videos like embedded, not taking much care of the diet, right? And he just made 168lbs, no weight cut, right??

Well, then explain to me how a person looks like this cutting 15-20lbs, or probably less, i guess he was watching his weight for those fights....Please, elaborate.

Weight-Cutting.jpg

Fact is he was cutting huge amounts to make 145, and he DID cut some weight for that 170lbs fight, but when you are used to cut HUGE amounts, well, my guess it gets easier to cut half of that, making 168lbs an easy cut.

First, TS needs to dial down the hyperbole. You can make a point without going over the top and sound ridiculous.

Second, saying that weight cutting is "just genetics" is nonsense. Some fighters are much more experienced at it (e.g., wrestlers). Some fighters aren't as disciplined as others. And some coaches/nutritionists are better at taking their fighters through the process.

Third, I agree that weight cutting is a problem. Considering the fact that cutting weight has nothing to do with fighting abilities, I'd say it's huge role in the sport is ridiculously disproportionate to its intended purpose.
I agree....it's more than just genetics, but genetics play a huge role IMO.

I didn't even read the op, but I'm still gonna say this is one of the dumber threads I've seen around here.

In an actual fight you can poke eyes and kick people in the dick. You can even stab a guy if you're so inclined

Actual fighting has no relevance to the sport of MMA

And that's without pointing out Khabib has more advantages than disadvantages genetically and through circumstances of birth compared to almost every fighter on earth

Ok but it's still fighting.....even if there is rules.

Weight Cutting is not fighting...It has ZERO to do with fighting.

Khabibs upbringing is an advantage...and it made him a better fighter...I see nothing wrong, because wrestling with bears is fighting......and this sport is about fighting.

Do you understand what fighting is?

I haven’t really seen a good, feasible alternative to weight cutting yet.
Less weight classes, three to be precise
weighin at cageside, huge % of purse to the other guy to keep him fighting

Again bro...Walking weight doesn't amtter.

GSP could walk at 190lbs and Khabib can too....Except GSP will have way less fat percentage, and he can simply cut water weight and make weight....Khabib on the other hand, if he cut water weight to 170lbs, would be fat as fuck....and Im sure GSP's walking weight is much more than 200, as of late.

Maybe you didn't say he cut 32lbs...but that's sure how it sounds like.
Why are you obsessed with the water weight? I never even once mentionned water weight.

I know the cut from 187 isn't all water weight. Anyone in their right mind knows that.

Ok but it's still fighting.....even if there is rules.

Weight Cutting is not fighting...It has ZERO to do with fighting.

Khabibs upbringing is an advantage...and it made him a better fighter...I see nothing wrong, because wrestling with bears is fighting......and this sport is about fighting.

Do you understand what fighting is?

Do YOU understand what fighting is? Fighting is ruleless and happens in the street or the real world between two people who don't like each other.

We're talking about the sport of MMA which is regulated, has rules sets, is a professional sport and where weight cutting is a component to be utilized to give yourself a competitive advantage

Fighting and MMA are not and have never been the same thing. Even UFC 1 had refs and rules. MMA =/= fighting

Hope you know that you said:

Khabib = can't
Conor. = can

Back