Khabib needs to cut 30 lbs in two weeks.

This is tailor made for Khabib.

Barboza got out grappled by Michael Johnson who lost 4 straight and left the division.

That was prodominently a striking match where Johnson pressured the fuck out of him and his handspeed was on point more so in that fight.

Khabib doesn' have the hands or handspeed or combinations to do what MJ did in the way he did it.

Barbozas TDD is very solid and won' have to worry about Khabibs striking nearly as much as previous opponents Edson has fought.

This will be a tough fight for him.

Absolutely, these ridiculous weight cuts must be regulated.
We don't need a death on a weight cut!

More weight classess and stricter cutting regulations!

More weight classes will just lead to more weight cutting. Add a 175? Fine. Everyone who currently fights at 185 but can't make 170 will cut to it.

Khabib is the future undisputed LW champion and GOAT
'GOAT' lol his record is padded as fuck and he barely fights. Also Barboza is going to kick his head in
Edson+Barboza+Spinning+Heel+Kicks+Terry+Etim+-+UFC+142.gif

'GOAT' lol his record is padded as fuck and he barely fights. Also Barboza is going to kick his head in
Edson+Barboza+Spinning+Heel+Kicks+Terry+Etim+-+UFC+142.gif
Barboza will have to be very cautious with his kicking game due to the threat of the takedown. This is a very interesting match up.

I posted this yesterday. This is a crazy amount of weight

That Conor talk was amazing. The guy said Diaz was easy work in the clinch.

He's working with the GOAT nutritionist in Tyler "Melee" Minton, the same guy who worked with DC his last camp.

I'm pretty sure the guy has never had a fighter miss weight/have a difficult cut and he is praised by a lot of UFC athletes like Rockhold, Holloway, Alvarez etc

Weight will be no issue for The Eagle

Those are some big dudes who cut a lot of weight. If anyone can manage it maybe it's this guy.

However, none of them have almost died from liver failure due to cutting weight

Khabib's body might already be irreparably damaged at this point and I'm not sure a nutritionist is gonna be enough no matter how good he is

He's working with the GOAT nutritionist in Tyler "Melee" Minton, the same guy who worked with DC his last camp.

I'm pretty sure the guy has never had a fighter miss weight/have a difficult cut and he is praised by a lot of UFC athletes like Rockhold, Holloway, Alvarez etc

Weight will be no issue for The Eagle

You can't say weight won't be an issue when he's missed weight before. He will need to make weight for 1-2 consecutive fights before people other than his fans are confident in him.

A new nutritionist is good, but we've also seen fighters struggle adapting to a new diet regiment for the first time. I bet this diet doesn't contain Tiramisu. Angry Khabib.
Good on him for changing though.

Or how about the whole reason there are weight classes is because we want fair fights?

Everyone who misses weight should be forced to move to MW. Like a one-size fits all punishment.

Khabib being fed to Romero or Weidman would be hilarious

haha, shit would be hilarious
<45>

Well hey, as long as he brings a towel to the weigh-in, I don't think we have anything to worry about.

“Who cuts a ton of weight at 155? Khabib! Khabib cuts a shitload of weight. 195 three weeks ago, 191 when he showed up in camp. Now he’s down to 182, 183… (On fight night he’s) probably 185-182, somewhere around there.”

- Josh Thomson on Big Brown Breakdown

Khabib is a WW

he's really pushing it, obviously too big for LW and it's gonna get harder as he gets older. he ragdolled Dos Anjos who's doing well at WW, just move up

I find it hard to believe that Khabib weighs in at 155, & then he puts on 30 lbs by the next day.

Pre-USADA with the IV usage might make that more realistic... but putting on 30 lbs of water weight & food in the belly in one day?

Pre-USADA Thiago Alves was 197 the same night after weigh ins. I believe Dolce posted his scale pic and said whoops. But then again those were the IV days. Just hoping he cuts safe and makes it to fight night, all the injuries and his missed cut is frustrating because this dude could have been champ 3 years ago.

Back