Khabib Retired too early…Is being forgotten from GOAT discussion so quickly

Khabib toughest opponent conor wasnt even motivated and took him 4 rounds to finish him.far from goat

Everyone will mention Fedor, GSP, and if we don’t care about PED’S then Anderson and Jones.

But Khabib is not being mentioned anymore in GOAT conversations.

He cares about legacy but left too much on the table.

His wins were Dustin, Conor, and Gaethe.

Great Wins but there is more.

More to be proven at LW and beyond.

If he didn’t want to try Usman, why not Colby or Wonderboy?
fedor gsp silva and jones all argueably lost but the thing is they lost during their title reigns(GSP lost to hughes before but hughes was also the GOAT at the time). Khabib is good and was dominant but not didnt do enough to be considered the GOAT

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/...e-it-to-conor-instead.4194685/#post-165460633
Khabib: ''When they give me the fight in 2016, when they gave me the fight versus Alvarez (Eddie) and I signed contract, fight for the title, in madison square garden. After couple days, they give Conor fight, and they say ok you gonna fight Michael Johnson. I said no problem.''

2 YEARS

Let me give you a basic example, if UFC robbed Kamaru Usman's deserved title shot in 2019, and made him wait 2 years for his deserved title shot until 2021, how many title defenses Kamaru Usman had today?

I will answer it for you; 0 title defenses.

That's how 2 years can be a big factor when they rob your title shot in a company system like UFC.

At least in Boxing, you can go to other organizations; IBF, WBC, WBA etc and you can win one of those belts, then defend it.

What can you do when UFC itself robs your title shot? You are under contract with UFC and you can't fight anywhere else.

Which is why I said, Khabib didn't just beat the most competitive division, he also beat UFC company itself, because UFC didn't want Khabib to be the champion, no one experienced what Khabib experienced.

No no no....I am not talking about that situation with Conor and Khabib in 2016. You said that he was robbed a few times before 2016. I'd like you to explain more about that.

And it wasn't two years my friend. Conor won the belt in Nov 2016 and Khabib won it in April 2018, so it's 1 year and 5 months. So let's not start to skew numbers around. If he got the fight in Nov 2016, realistically, he would have 2 more title defenses.

Only low IQ use the title defence number as a serious criteria.

Sorry turds but the likes of Dan Hardy, Anthony Smith, MW Chael Sonnen don't = the Justin's and Poirer's as defences.

Those names are literally 'filler' defences that's how poor those divisions were/are.

If Charlie Olives defended against all the following he'd be GOAT by all measurable metrics, his resume as Champ would SHIT all over GSP and Jones but it'll never happen because LW is just too stacked, way too much depth and the likes of Anthony Smith's would never make it near a belt.

1 Dustin Poirier
2 Justin Gaethje
3 Beneil Dariush
4 Michael Chandler
5 Islam Makhachev
6 Tony Ferguson
7 Rafael Dos Anjos
8 Dan Hooker
9 Conor McGregor
10 Gregor Gillespie
11 Kevin Lee
12 Diego Ferreira
13 Brad Riddell
14 Arman Tsarukyan
15 Thiago Moises

P4P Arman, Fiziev, Lee and Gamrot are all better than Dan Hardy and Anthony Smith yet they're all ranked outside of the top 10 of LW, Hardy and Smith fought for the title, let that sink in you shit stains.

Your an idiot lol...

Sorry but not sorry.

What trash

Yep. He got screwed over when people ducked him. His UFC resume is weak. Most of his fights were prelims but he belonged in main events against top 5 guys.

Everyone will mention Fedor, GSP, and if we don’t care about PED’S then Anderson and Jones.

Idiot

Yes, I’m sure khabib cares that a bunch of do gooders on sherdog want to make sure the world knows he’s not the GOAT. Literally every MMA pundit with an audience either calls him the GOAT or includes him in the conversation, including the pink goof. I’m sure khabib and his fans sleep just fine at night. I find it hilarious to watch the rest scurry around trying to make sure the world knows he’s not. A bunch of upstanding fans trying to upheld the high level of integrity which is consistent in the UFC. Gimme a break

He ran in my book.

Fedor had more top 10 wins at the same age, more wins I think as well, just as undefeated, AT HEAVYWEIGHT.

He's probably GOAT LW as is, but no where in top 10 greatests imo.

You capitalize "AT HW" like its somehow more impressive than LW.

It's not. Not even close.

We've never seen anyone do what Khabib did.

No one was so dominant.

Khabib is one of the GOATS for sure

Bones was more dominant and against better comp.

Khabib went to a decision with mediocre wrestlers like Healy and Trujillo and shoulda lost to Tibau.

Bones outwrestled DC and Bader.

Outstruck Shogun and Gus

He had potential if you look at how dominant he was. Look back at how easy he beat poirier and gaethje.

Doesn't seem like there could be any current LWs that could dethrone him but he didn't stay long enough to clean out the division like the others in the GOAT discussion so we'll never know.

Imagine if conor had retired after beating alvarez and if ronda retired after beating bethe. Everyone would probably be calling them the GOAT still.

He definitely retired too early but definitely not as bad as Cejudo retiring after defending once against aldo and claiming he's the GOAT lol.

He pulled out of more fights than he has title defenses. Not the goat.

It’s laughable to compare Khabibs record to say Jones ..

Jones vastly superior in every aspect

He needed to at least break the LW record wide open with another 3 wins. He matched up brilliantly with the whole division and could have easily accumulated another couple wins before vacating for Islam to have a crack.

If Olivera goes on a 4 fight title defence streak he has a better claim than Khabib which is pretty sad. Provided it's not someone Khabib has beaten they will over take him in no time.

He needed to at least break the LW record wide open with another 3 wins. He matched up brilliantly with the whole division and could have easily accumulated another couple wins before vacating for Islam to have a crack.

If Olivera goes on a 4 fight title defence streak he has a better claim than Khabib which is pretty sad. Provided it's not someone Khabib has beaten they will over take him in no time.
If Olivera goes on a 4 fight title defense…wow. If he does that, with the current set of lightweights, that would be insanely impressive. What a silly thing to use to somehow diminish khabibs accomplishments

He was never in GOAT discussion, at least based on actual accomplishments. If he hung around longer, he 100% could have been, but it is what it is. To be a GOAT means consistency over an extended period of time.

If Olivera goes on a 4 fight title defense…wow. If he does that, with the current set of lightweights, that would be insanely impressive. What a silly thing to use to somehow diminish khabibs accomplishments

Why? Because Khabib was undefeated? he literally fought nobody of note until he got the title.
His title defence run is the only thing that puts him above Tony or anyone else at LW. If they both retired prior to their last 3 fights they would have equal resumes.
Khabib's a great fighter he just stepped away before solidify his status as the LW goat and doesn't deserve mention in the Goat category. He probably was the greatest small fighter we ever saw though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back