Khabib!

It makes sense for Khabib to go on about "McChicken" because he wants the fight, but a nobody like you calling a professional fighter and UFC champion a chicken is beyond pathetic.

And apparently you're too dumb to understand what you're reading. Kavanagh is not Conor.

It makes sense for Khabib to go on about "McChicken" because he wants the fight, but a nobody like you calling a professional fighter and UFC champion a chicken is beyond pathetic.

And apparently you're too dumb to understand what you're reading. Kavanagh is not Conor.
Oh hi tough guy! You have been noticed, are you happy now? :)

My friend, me thinking that Khabib would beat McGregor or you thinking it wouldn't happen are more opinions than anything else. Conor improved his ground game, no doubt about it, but can't we assume that Khabib improved his standup game for all this time as well? Or we gonna judge his standup skills just because he took a shot against Johnson? Fedor was the best standup fighter and yet he was almost KOed by Maldonado recently. Exchanging punches and kicks is a risky business, TKO can happen to anyone, although the punch Khabib received was not even close to that power.
I think we should concentrate more on the fact and not opinions though, and the FACT is that both you and I never gonna know what would happen in that match because of UFC money politics and Conor now clearly avoiding Khabib. Some guy is running around with 2 belts and others can't even get a shot. Ferguson is of course great and deserves his chance but still... man... 24:0 should be given a priority.
If Khabib gets the shot there would be zero criticism from me.

Khabib may have improved his standup game, but he got tagged and maybe a little wobbled from Michael Johnson's shots, which included some straight lefts. If those had been Conor's straight lefts, I think you're talking a different story.

But Khabib will get better before the next fight for sure. I know I'm sounding like a contrarian but I love Khabib I really do.

Padding your record with cans doesn't mean you deserve a title shot. Only their UFC records matter, and Ferguson's is more impressive than Khabib's.
I think if you look at Khabib and Tony's most recent fights that Khabib has a good argument but Tony has been the more active of the two fighters by far. A nine fight win streak with consistent fights is big. I'll be happy whoever gets it.

I want to see Tony fight Khabib also. That would be a fun fight

I think if you look at Khabib and Tony's most recent fights that Khabib has a good argument but Tony has been the more active of the two fighters by far. A nine fight win streak with consistent fights is big. I'll be happy whoever gets it.

I want to see Tony fight Khabib also. That would be a fun fight
I agree with you, no matter who gets a title shot it's fine, the problem is they won't. Khabib is more vocal about asking the title shot though. Tony behaves like he doesn't even care. He said that he cares more about getting his BJJ black belt from Eddie Bravo. I believe Khabib would be more interesting because it's a clash of styles.

Devils nitpicking advocate here...but uhhhh......seeing as we're talking about a list of the best mma grapplers that include heavier guys like jacare can we also put werdum in there somewhere? roger gracie? where do you think kabhir is on the list now? dare I say honda housey is in there somewhere? cormier? aoki?

in the UFC, roger is not in the UFC, but I would put him right on top. Werdum is a HW, I dont know, hes sure good and is elite, but you watch demian or jaca fight and then you watch werdum, and you see a big ass difference.

I would place khabib in front of werdum for sure.

Just as I thought... McChicken is going for Nate again. After Nate it's gonna be some pro wrestler.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/11/...nurmagomedov-conor-mcgregor-opponent-ufc-news
well that's not exactly official... but yeah, i expect that's what they'll do. first, he's going to take some time off, forcing a khabib vs ferguson fight to take place so ferguson hopefully takes nurmagomedov out of the picture, then he'll fight nate and if he wins, he'll claim tony isn't a big enough name for him and demand a title shot at 170.

this whole "interest" angle is bullshit, i don't want to see a third fight between him and diaz, and i doubt anyone else does either. we want to see him actually defend one of the belts against an actual challenger, aldo/holloway/edgar at 145 or khabib/ferguson at 155. [edit: well actually i don't even want the aldo rematch, i want the god damn khabib or ferguson fight] but that would be far too good to be true, we're gonna get a boring "money" fight.

I agree with you, no matter who gets a title shot it's fine, the problem is they won't. Khabib is more vocal about asking the title shot though. Tony behaves like he doesn't even care. He said that he cares more about getting his BJJ black belt from Eddie Bravo. I believe Khabib would be more interesting because it's a clash of styles.
I also agree. I think Tony seems pretty content whether he gets the shot now or later and since Khabib is asking for it I think they will give it to him first.

well that's not exactly official... but yeah, i expect that's what they'll do. first, he's going to take some time off, forcing a khabib vs ferguson fight to take place so ferguson hopefully takes nurmagomedov out of the picture, then he'll fight nate and if he wins, he'll claim tony isn't a big enough name for him and demand a title shot at 170.

this whole "interest" angle is bullshit, i don't want to see a third fight between him and diaz, and i doubt anyone else does either. we want to see him actually defend one of the belts against an actual challenger, aldo/holloway/edgar at 145 or khabib/ferguson at 155. [edit: well actually i don't even want the aldo rematch, i want the god damn khabib or ferguson fight] but that would be far too good to be true, we're gonna get a boring "money" fight.

I'm with you. Funny enough I would have been very stoked to see a 3rd Diaz fight but only if it was an immediate rematch. Once some times passed it became less interesting and now that Conor took the 155 belt the way he did, I definitely think the 3rd Diaz fight should be on the back burner. I still would like to see it, but let's get these 155 and 145 divisions moving.

I think I said it earlier but I hope he vacates 145 and just fights Khabib or Tony but like you said that might be too good to be true

I love your posts so this is with all due respect but i don't think that's so clear anymore.

I thought the same as you a year ago. I'm not saying that Conor has the best takedown defense in all of 155 but I think the time to capitalize on his wrestling deficiencies was 12-18 months ago and I think Conor is only improving it. Khabib can certainly get him to the floor but it's not going to be as easy as it was and Khabib eats more shots than he should.

Conor is also able to avoid having to throw kicks at all which improves his takedown defense and his takedown defense against the cage keeps improving. He has dynamite in his hands and Luke Thomas who is one of the biggest Khabib fanboys there is is saying some of these same thing.

And you could be right but after this weekend i think it's just a bad assumption to say that anyone wipes the floor with Conor. People keep doubting him and he keeps getting better and better and the spotlight and enormous crowds only make him perform better.

That was almost half a decade ago. Just saying. It's hard to deny Tony's 9 fight win streak. 6 finishes and 3 decisions and incredibly active. Tony is great and I would be shocked if he lost to Michael Johnson right now.

Khabib beat RDA before RDA became the RDA we know now. To be clear I would pick Khabib to beat RDA 2.0 also.

It's a tough conversation. Tony and Khabib both have legitimate arguments to be the #1 contender.

I think Conor would get humiliated by Khabib.

But then again, I always think that Conor is going to get humiliated and he ends up looking like an adult against a teenager every time (except against Nate).

I think Conor would get humiliated by Khabib.

But then again, I always think that Conor is going to get humiliated and he ends up looking like an adult against a teenager every time (except against Nate).

That's why I'm done betting against him. He keeps proving me wrong. And what a testament to Nate's chin. I also think there's an element of crowd size. I don't think Conor's opponents are used to the crowd size and all the media and all the pressure.

I think Nate was able to handle it because he doesn't give a shit.

That's why I'm done betting against him. He keeps proving me wrong. And what a testament to Nate's chin. I also think there's an element of crowd size. I don't think Conor's opponents are used to the crowd size and all the media and all the pressure.

I think Nate was able to handle it because he doesn't give a shit.

Nah I just think that Nate is the tallest opponent Conor has ever faced, with a good 1-2, and focuses on volume punches from a distance without over-commiting.

That, is Conor's cryptonite.

It could very well be that Nate would beat Conor in a rematch.

Also, if you remember the Poirier fight, Conor could have gotten clipped as well and maybe was just lucky, because Poirier has good reach, punches hard and if I recall correctly, it was pretty damn near to connecting a couple of time.

One thing is for sure though, the typical stocky wrestler-boxer is in sh^t against Conor. I think the question is : can Khabib take Conor down ? I would think probably. And I don't think that Conors is getting Khabib off him if he gets taken down.

Betting on Khabib vs Conor fight would be stupid. Literally no way of knowing how that turns out. Conor might embarrass Khabib, Khabib might embarrass Conor. How good Conor's TDD and grappling really are is a question mark right now too.

I've bet against Connor since he fought Siver, and he never ceases to ruin my night.
Being a SAMBO guy, i'd hope and expect Khabib to smash MgGregor.

But going by the numbers:
I'd favour Khabib heavily because his only aparent weakness is his striking defense. I say apparent because he has never been ko'd, tko'd or close to being finished by strikes. In fact, he's undefeated.
Connor has been finished by submissions and has been taken down in many of his fights. He also seemed to gas against Diaz in the first fight. Khabib has more and better wrestling than any of Connor's past opponents, and he also puts a furious pace.

As good as McGregor is, he doesn't have the quality of training partners as Khabib can get in AKA and Dagestan. Khabib should make improvements in his striking faster than McGregor can improve his defensive wrestling. Khabib is stronger, too.

Khabib's weakness is that he can be overly agressive and seems to be a bit hot-headed.
Thus, i think that McGregor's way to win is to stay calm and collected (like he just did against Alvarez), piss Khabib off, pick his shots, survive on the ground, and try to get a very early or late TKO.
But i predict (and hope) that Nurmagomedov sends McGregor to Smashedstan after a couple of rounds of GnP.

I tend to agree with this line of thinking, though I do think Khabib still probably wins (he certainly has a better shot than Tony, who I think Conor destroys with a quickness). Khabib took a couple stiff shots from Johnson, those same shots from Conor could easily be fight ending. Conor also has better TDD and general overall balance than anyone Khabib has fought, he's not an easy man to get and keep down. I do think however that if he's going to win it would have to be early, because if Khabib can get even one round of the sort of TD + tight waist riding he did against Johnson (though the Trujillo fight is the best to watch for this method) Conor's probably not coming back.
I'm interested to see how this plays out because we haven't really seen connor's tdd tested against a takedown artist since mendes. yes it was good against Nate but Nate's takedowns are horrible.

Eddie's wrestling has looked good recently but nothing like khabibs or chad's. plus the fact that Eddie was cracked before his first attempt against mcgregor and gets most of them along the fence. I think it may be a poor Guage of his tdd.

I think ferg is under estimated here too, he's as a tendency to get wreck less but is learning to fight smarter, has good size, stamina, and toughness.

Back