Media Khabib's dad beefing with Oleg Taktarov

Fedor is ethnically Eastern Slav. You really need to learn how to use google especially if you want to try and correct someone just to make sure you're actually correct first.
You said he was Slovak. He is not. Slovaks are not eastern Slavs. You f'ed up, it's ok to admit it.

You said he was Slovak. He is not. Slovaks are not eastern Slavs. You f'ed up, it's ok to admit it.

Slovak and Slav are short for Slovakian. You have access to google use it!

Eastern Slavs are Slovakian it's just a more specific group within a group, what you just said is like saying a honda civic isn't a car.

Last edited:
It's actually the other way around. Like when a bunch of Murrcans think they are Irish just because they have a McSomething name and because they heard tales of some Irish great-grandparents when they were kids.

As Irish as a BigMac.
True, they are murricans when they wanna be but totally Irish or German or whatever when they want to be

I know this guy, he's starred in a couple of bad, low-budget hollywood movies
Bad Boys 2, National Treasure, Miami Vice, We Own The Night, Predators - secondary roles, but hardly "couple of bad, low-budget hollywood movies"

His last name is Ukrainian. No name ending with enko will ever be Russian.
That's not really true lol. The line between last names, ukrainians/russians, places of birth has been blurred over the last few empires, so enko can be both.

Khabib and his father had their extremist goons attack Fedors daughter
That is a lie.

That was that dictator (kadyrov) who owns that fighting promotion.

It was in retaliation to his child fights.

Fedor says children shouldn't be fighting in a cage (which I agree with).

Slovak and Slav are short for Slovakian. You have access to google use it!

Eastern Slavs are Slovakian it's just a more specific group within a group, what you just said is like saying a honda civic isn't a car.
You are very confused. Slovaks are western Slavs, Russians are eastern Slavs. Fedor is Russian, not Slovak. You are mixing up the terms Slovak and Slavic.

You are very confused. Slovaks are western Slavs, Russians are eastern Slavs. Fedor is Russian, not Slovak. You are mixing up the terms Slovak and Slavic.

They are all Slovak/Slavic, I never said Fedor was Western Slovak/Slavic. They are all from the same culture/ethnic group, you're just breaking them into even smaller groups to nitpick.

They are all Slovak/Slavic, I never said Fedor was Western Slovak/Slavic. They are all from the same culture/ethnic group, you're just breaking them into even smaller groups to nitpick.
No they are not all Slovak, Jesus Christ man. Slovaks are people from Slovakia, a central European nation, inhabited by western Slavic people- the SLOVAKS. Russia is a country in in eastern Europe and Asia, inhabited predominantly by eastern Slavic people- the RUSSIANS. Russians are not Slovaks, but they are Slavs or Slavic people. Slovaks are also Slavic people, but not Russians. It's really not that hard.

Looking back through this thread, I see you were already corrected on this issue and admitted your mistake by blaming in on autocorrect, so why are you arguing this same point again?

So I guess Oleg Taktarov had an interview recently and the reporter asked him why he has a conflict with the senior Nurmagamedov.

Abdulamanap's response was as follows:

Translation:

how much I care about this issue:

giphy.gif

That's not really true lol. The line between last names, ukrainians/russians, places of birth has been blurred over the last few empires, so enko can be both.

Not really, no. Enko is entirely Ukrainian and, if a Russian has the last name, he has Ukrainian roots.

The opposite also occurs. Nikita Krylov has a Russian last name, despite being from Ukraine. -ov is not a Ukrainian suffix, period.

There is no fine line. There is a rather stark difference between Ukrainian suffixes like enko/iuk and Russian suffixes like ov/in.

Last edited:
Not really, no. Enko is entirely Ukrainian and, if a Russian has the last name, he has Ukrainian roots.

The opposite also occurs. Nikita Krylov has a Russian last name, despite being from Ukraine. -ov is not a Ukrainian suffix, period.

There is no fine line. There is a rather stark difference between Ukrainian suffixes like enko/iuk and Russian suffixes like ov/in.
OV is not an identification of Russian origin, it is simply a mark of regional historical naming rights. I carry an "ov" last name, yet I am not a native russian slav. The same rule applies to any last name that ends with "O" or "ENKO" - just the fact that it is usually identified with a certain national identify, does not make it a guaranteed certainty that an individual that carries that suffix will belong to that specific national identity. Everything is not so black or white, the lines in these regions have been blurred, especially considering the history of the region an common ties between the slavic people of the region. If you go further, Russian identify or Ukranian identify is largely false anyways, as all of that is largely a product of falsification, but that is a topic of discussion that is not easily discerned...

It makes me sad that so many of the heroes of the early UFCs (Royce, Ken, Oleg, Tank, etc) are seemingly intent on destroying their legacies by trying to interject themselves into current ongoings of the sport, whether by participating in sad freakshow fights or by rambling incoherently in interviews / on social media.

Back