Khabib's single leg td threat is lowkey one of his deadliest weapons at 229 (educated fans only)

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Conor fan I am worried about Khabib's single. Its the only thing I'm worried about from him. I dont think his normal tactics of wading into the clinch will work.

He wont be able to shoot on mcgregor with ease like those others you posted hes gonna need to rely on clinch take downs

Lol and why is that?

Great arguments, facts and evidence to back up your point brah.

Wide stance asking for singles, and any karate style kick that he like to throw off that front side is like feeding steak to a dog. Every good wrestler I ever trained with will gladly eat a foot in order to grab it. Even if Khabib doesnt finish the single initially, you can chain basically everything off the single leg hold.

I mean, I agree that Kevin Lee is a lot worse of a matchup for Khabib than Conor. So is Ferguson, Woodley or GSP. Iffy on Ferg or Lee but I would definitely pick GSP over Khabib.

Ask yourself this question. Conor McGregor has an insane amount of money in the bank, He also has the power to get any fight that he wants. So why is he taking this one against this particular opponent? He didn’t have to. He could have waited for Tony to get healthy, he could’ve got the trilogy fight with Diaz? He could’ve called out GSP or three or four other guys. His confidence is clearly high that he is going to win. He obviously feels much better about this particular match up than his critics do. Because in no way shape or form did he have to sign that contract. He did. That is telling to me.

Lol and why is that?

Great arguments, facts and evidence to back up your point brah.

Cause he has never fought an elite MMA boxer who has great speed/footwork/counterpunching who has like a 90% TKO ratio?

Wide stance asking for singles, and any karate style kick that he like to throw off that front side is like feeding steak to a dog. Every good wrestler I ever trained with will gladly eat a foot in order to grab it. Even if Khabib doesnt finish the single initially, you can chain basically everything off the single leg hold.

Those are much harder to catch than a Thai style power kick. Mendes has one of the best blast doubles in UFC history and got lit up with those without being able to catch one.

Ask yourself this question. Conor McGregor has an insane amount of money in the bank, He also has the power to get any fight that he wants. So why is he taking this one against this particular opponent? He didn’t have to. He could have waited for Tony to get healthy, he could’ve got the trilogy fight with Diaz? He could’ve called out GSP or three or four other guys. His confidence is clearly high that he is going to win. He obviously feels much better about this particular match up than his critics do. Because in no way shape or form did he have to sign that contract. He did. That is telling to me.
Conor thought he'd steamroll Cabo Nate as well. He thought Floyd would not make it out of the 4th.

A lot of talk of his trips, chain wrestling and clinch/cage td's but his single legs are fast, and slick as hell and close the distance in short order.

I think we'll see more of this as he does not want to strike with Conor by his own words.

Edit: For all the wildly unrealistic fantasyland "head clean off" Conor fans who say he'd "snipe khabib shooting in" please show me one time in his career he has done that.

1rLqzj.gif

VPRrr1.gif

xvg55r.gif

oQ1KKK.gif

Conor's wide stance with his lead leg exposed to such a degree make him even more vulnerable to a single against someone who has mastered it

stance-11-29-39-752x501.png

It’s not just the fighters’ differences. Many are forgetting it will be the first time that Conor is fighting someone from one of the main MMA gyms (Dustin was only new to ATT when they fought). AKA in my opinion are one of the best game planners especiallly with wrestlers vs strikers

Those are much harder to catch than a Thai style power kick. Mendes has one of the best blast doubles in UFC history and got lit up with those without being able to catch one.

Thai kicks have to timed also, and when does Conor Thai kick LoL?

Everybody stop comparing Mendes to Khabib, the are worlds apart in size and grappling styles from different parts of the globe. Khabibs fine, he trains with guys that kick.

Cause he has never fought an elite MMA boxer who has great speed/footwork/counterpunching who has like a 90% TKO ratio?

How are you gonna counter punch a takedown?

Have we seen this from Conor before? Have we seen this ever before, even?

All Khabib has to do is shoot with his head on the outside and he's golden.

Conor thought he'd steamroll Cabo Nate as well. He thought Floyd would not make it out of the 4th.

Nate is a striker. So is Conor. Very easy to see why he expected to KO Nate. That is what Conor does. He knocks out people that stand with him.. BUT People are saying this Russian Wrestler will be his Kryptonite. That Khabib will take him down and maul him.. He disagrees and has always disagreed. He could have sidestepped this so easily. All he had to do was call out Nate. Nate has been sitting by the phone since the 2nd fight. You think he actually wants to fight Dustin? Conor just had to wait for Tony/Khabib to be rebooked yet again. He didn't.. Conor is a warrior. People troll and act as if that is not true. Oh it is true. This is a tough match up for him, one he easily could have avoided. He said "lets fight"...

So why did Conor take the fight? He has to know he is fucked against this Russian Machine. What is the point?

Conor’s stance is somewhat based off Aldo’s proven defence to stop single legs. Heavy front foot with good distance management. If an opponent dives on it, aldo turns his back, transfers weight and hops out. It stops them switching up to a body clinch or to both legs and kind of baits them into the single

What I’m surprised not many people are mentioning is cage work. Khabib worst loss was in sambo with no wall to work. His loss against tibau he still held him against the cage for almost half the fight. Diaz held McGregor against the cage. If Khabib wins it’s from shooting or clinching to the cage. In modern mma takedowns in the open are beautiful and rare as half of tdd is being away from the cage IMO

So why did Conor take the fight? He has to know he is fucked against this Russian Machine. What is the point?
I give props for Conor taking the fight, I think he has a warrior spirit, but there are many reasons he took the fight;

Overconfidence, money, the public calling for it, pride....

loyalty

5ac50f44fc7e93326f8b45bf.jpg

I give props for Conor taking the fight, I think he has a warrior spirit, but there are many reasons he took the fight;

Overconfidence, money, the public calling for it, pride....

loyalty

5ac50f44fc7e93326f8b45bf.jpg

Artem is not some little boy. He can fight Khabib himself. Conor has a lot to lose. He gives no fucks. And he believes in himself. And again he could call out anyone and make bank. Conor when active is the sport..

Thai kicks have to timed also, and when does Conor Thai kick LoL?

Everybody stop comparing Mendes to Khabib, the are worlds apart in size and grappling styles from different parts of the globe. Khabibs fine, he trains with guys that kick.

He doesn't; thats my point. Thai kicks are easier to catch since they are slower and dont snap. Also, Mendes style of wrestling is actually more conducive to catch kicks, which further strengthens my point.

The vast majority of Khabibs takedowns he has to use a clinch to achieve, which involves striking to close the distance.

He covers the distance fairly quickly in those gifs, but he is exposed, head down, hands nowhere close to defending, during it. Against a sniper like Conor, probably safer to block and back him against the cage to close more distance.
Agree, use high guard and just push Conor against the fence. Actually Khabib does it all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back