Khamzat SMESH Everyone MEGATHREAD.

Is Khamzat Chimeav legit or still hype?

• Total voters
RDA, Shalarous, Healy, Gathje, Dustin, Tibau, Trullijo.

At least criticise Khabib properly cmon

Most of those guys are very far off from being elite grapplers or wrestlers. Tibau shut Khabib down entirely, Trujillo wasn't UFC material, Shalorus wasn't UFC material and their fight happened standing, Healy was a journeyman. Dustin was outwrestled in most of his career losses and vs Hooker of recent, he has never had good takedown defense, the division just lacks wrestlers to expose this, as it has been before. Gaethjes takedown defense hasn't been tested much, I have the feeling similar to Fitch or Tony we will see hes easier to takedown than most expect but I could be wrong. RDA solid offensive and defensive grappling and wrestling, I'd argue Khabibs best career win but Poirier is nearly a legend at this point.

When you think of elite wrestlers and grapplers, you think of guys that are battle tested as hard to takedown, hard to control, hard to submit and can also threat in those regards.

Burns is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA rn. He should have a loss to Kunchenko and has only beaten up on shot fossils (TWood, Demian both had 1-2 more fights after before retiring) and now Wonderman who's on his way out.

Khamzat would annihilate him everywhere

That defense at the 3 minute mark of that video is WILD. He defends by doing a one handed cartwheel while his opponent drops for a takedown, and takes his opponent's back in the process. I watched it like 10x. lol
Yah, that is sick! He does that move alot. He is not some wrestler like Big Rigg or Brock who just tried to power thru you, he is technical, athletic and crafty as hell. I guess his style comes from when he started wrestling he was 39 pounds and would take on guy that were 55 pounds, so he had to figure out ways to over come their size and strength advantages. This is also who why he got more dominant in wrestling the more weight he started to go up, as he relied on superior technique and speed above size, and I think we will see this in MMA too. Watch him get the MW and LHW strap easier than he did from Usman.

Khamzat is the Roy Jones Junior and Sadulaev of MMA.

they'll prolly keep giving him strikers with shitty TDD.. cause ufc gonna ufc

I love the idea of this fight, quick do it soon as Burns is getting old..

Burns is a very technical grappler, is strong as a bull and may have the striking to make it interesting.

The guys who Khamzat already beat haven't been super impressive in terms of their athleticism..

This fight would definitely solidify Khamzat as the number one contender. My guess that it would look like Khabib vs RDA

Burns is one of the most overrated fighters in MMA rn. He should have a loss to Kunchenko and has only beaten up on shot fossils (TWood, Demian both had 1-2 more fights after before retiring) and now Wonderman who's on his way out.

Khamzat would annihilate him everywhere

I agree Burns is super overrated, but he still has the ranking and skillsets for Chimaev to prove himself against. Unfortunately the WW division has been nothing but fossils and failed LWs for years now.

So Justin isn't a good wrestler all of a sudden? Where is this mysterious wrestler that khabib ducked that doesn't exist in the 155 division??
Dan Henderson WAS a good wrestler......that was 20 years ago, and he forgot how to wrestle as he fell in love with his hands. The same goes for lots of other top wrestlers, like Tyrone Woodley. Justin falls in this category too.

I am not sure anyone is saying Khabib ducked a top wrestler, but he still did not really face one. Islam, Kevin Lee, Chandler and Gregor were the best in his division but those fights never materialized for a number of reasons. Some people do feel he ducked Usman tho, as his Dad's plan was for him to get two belts but he only wanted to fight at a higher weight if it was GSP at catchweight after his Dad died.

Just before everyone says Gaethje is a legit wreslter.. His game doesn't exactly rely on his wrestling. He's a bit like Romero on that department, and Romero has been taken down often..

The only wrestler Khabib faced was Tibau and he arguably lost (maybe a draw)

Fortunately Chimaev won't have favorable matchups for long.. Here come Colby, Usman, Burns... This gonna be good
I'm not sure about Usman but Khamzat will destroy Colby. I think Khamzat beats Usman too but it won't be as easy. This guy is for real. It reminds me of watching early Jon Jones. Khamzat is another phenom. He's just that special.

Yah, that is sick! He does that move alot. He is not some wrestler like Big Rigg or Brock who just tried to power thru you, he is technical, athletic and crafty as hell. I guess his style comes from when he started wrestling he was 39 pounds and would take on guy that were 55 pounds, so he had to figure out ways to over come their size and strength advantages. This is also who why he got more dominant in wrestling the more weight he started to go up, as he relied on superior technique and speed above size, and I think we will see this in MMA too. Watch him get the MW and LHW strap easier than he did from Usman.

Khamzat is the Roy Jones Junior and Sadulaev of MMA.
"technical, athletic and crafty as hell"
Don't forget explosive and aggressive. He's quick as a cat. Conor who? Jon Jones who? Khabib who? Welcome to the Khamzat era!

You're forgetting RDA & Truijillo & prior to his last fight all everyone said was what a challenge Gathje would be precisely because of his wrestling accumen.

And It wasn't Tibau's wrestling skills that withstood Khabib's takedowns, it was what was coursing thru his veins, as he soon after tested positive for PED's, only to come back after the suspension & get knocked the fuck out [ironically] by Makhachev in the 1st round. No more juice, no more stopping anything.

All that being said, Chimaev is a problem. Dude is something else.

It's no good being a D1 wrestler if you are literally a white belt when your back touches the mat.

I love the idea of this fight, quick do it soon as Burns is getting old..

Burns is a very technical grappler, is strong as a bull and may have the striking to make it interesting.

The guys who Khamzat already beat haven't been super impressive in terms of their athleticism..
How many Glover’s do you need to understand, that fighters don’t magically turn to shit once they hit 35?

Also Leech is a very athletic guy

There's still a huge chance guys like Islam and Chimaev are one fight away from looking exposed but Im on the train, I want Usman vs Chimaev to turn into some great, impending clash.

If I had to pick, Im taking Chimaev. We've seen time and time again with Kennedy vs Roger, Weidman vs Maia or Islam vs Ramos that in MMA the man with better wrestling can usually selectively take the fight to the ground into advantageous positions and or just use ground and pound without putting themselves in much danger. I have rolled with good BJJ black belts and college Wrestlers and while wrestlers may not be the same submission grapplers their control is usually way better still and with ground and pound, that changes a lot.

Also Khamzat is 27, Burns is 35, Khamzat is a MW coming down to WW, Burns is a LW coming up. Ontop of this Burns just got knocked out by jabs and Chimaev seems to crack pretty hard. I want this fight next, Burns is the perfect guy to set Chimaev up for Usman.
Um... Amen. Dude you need to start a podcast or smt.

This is the only fight to make and it would be massive fight here on Sherdog, twitter and generally with the casuals. This will be huge fight

Back