Rumored Khamzat vs Costa in the works

Good fight, Costa has shown great TDD before and Khamzat has shown that he can be lured into brawling. I think it's winnable for Costa but if Khamzat can take him down I won't be doubting his ability to rule over the division any longer

He could, and did, take down Burns, but Burns is an elite grappler so a fight down there wasn't guaranteed. Costa isn't half the grappler Burns is

Costa is way bigger and way stronger with way better striking. Costa is way tougher to take down than Burns. Once on the ground, I can agree, Burns would better as a grappler.

Last edited:
Costa is way bigger and way stronger with way better striking. Costa is way tougher to take down than Burns. Once on the ground, I can agree, Burns would better as a grappler.
The size of Costa definitely makes things interesting. Khamzat doesn't look that big to me

Who actually wants to see this shit?
Khamzat wasting his prime.

Who actually wants to see this shit?
Khamzat wasting his prime.
It would immediately put him in the title picture, due to his name value(deserved or not) and the UFC would see this as a money maker.

Vettori is a top 5 MW and couldn’t do much to Holland in 25 mins, yet Khamzat strangled him in 2 mins. Khamzat beat Burns with his BACK UP skillset.

Burns also fought Khamzat with his BACK UP skillset and almost KTFO him.

Whittaker, Costa, Vettori, Cannonier, Belal are all available, but Dana says Khamzat won't fight until October. Why? And why don't any of these reporters ask follow up questions? Helwani would've at least attempted to get an answer here.

Is Khamzat just bulking up adding more muscle or what?

From anytime anywhere to fighting once a year in UAE where it;s easier to make weight or Diaz/ Striker Holland

Whittaker, Costa, Vettori, Cannonier, Belal are all available, but Dana says Khamzat won't fight until October. Why? And why don't any of these reporters ask follow up questions? Helwani would've at least attempted to get an answer here.

Is Khamzat just bulking up adding more muscle or what?

He's bulking up so he can miss 185 too

Burns isn’t a lightweight anymore than Whittaker is a welterweight.

Holland probably isn’t as strong as Costa but he’s big and Khamzat made him look like me.

Good test, we’ll see how it goes.

Holland is shaped like a toothpick and is a rangy striker who was getting out muscled at middleweight.

Costa is not getting out muscled at middleweight by anyone, certainly not by Khamzat.

This is a super fun fight and should be a thriller.

Khamzat ain't fighting Costa, if he did it would be a huge mistake imo.

Burns also fought Khamzat with his BACK UP skillset and almost KTFO him.

Burns isn’t a BJJ guy in MMA. He’s a striker who also almost KTFO Usman and has twice the experience of Khamzat and still lost :(

Holland is shaped like a toothpick and is a rangy striker who was getting out muscled at middleweight.

Costa is not getting out muscled at middleweight by anyone, certainly not by Khamzat.

This is a super fun fight and should be a thriller.

he will get outskilled, though.

Way better striker based on what? Burns has beaten elite fighters; Costa’s best win is a robbery against 41 year old Romero

Costa gonna be so multicultural after that fight, giving birth to a Chechen baby right after he gave birth to a Nigerian one.

he will get outskilled, though.

Its possible.

Khamzat got ROCKED by a really small welterweight. He absolutely cannot absorb shots like that from Costa.

I have a serious doubt that style of fighting works against someone who is not going to get out muscled and easily out wrestled.

I have a serious doubt that style of fighting works against someone who is not going to get out muscled and easily out wrestled.
I agree!
Khamzat is a good wrestler, but being good in Sweden is not really that great. And his style heavily relies on being the bigger and stronger fighter. He will not have the same advantages at MW. If he gets matched against the big middleweights like Vettori or Costa, he needs to change his approach. These guys do not get bullied like Kevin Holland. There are actually a lot of fighters, who will give Khamzat a good run at MW. And they all are not even top ten.
Why else would Khamzat be sitting out and bulking, not fighting in his real weight class?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back