Rumored Khamzat vs Costa in the works

Burns isn’t a BJJ guy in MMA. He’s a striker who also almost KTFO Usman and has twice the experience of Khamzat and still lost :(

WRONG

Burns is one of the most accomplished BJJ guys in MMA.
He is a BJJ guy in MMA, who learned striking later in life.

Please educate yourself:

Background[edit]
When Burns was young, his father offered to fix his customer's car in trade for three months of jiu-jitsu lessons for all of his boys.[14] Burns started training at the Academia Associação Oriente, an affiliate of Nova União led by Welton Ribeiro.

Grappling career[edit]
He trained with Nova Uniao until the 2007 World Championship, where he came in second place.[8]

In 2009, Burns became recognized when he won the silver medal at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championship.[8]

In 2010, Burns attained a high level of international success competing worldwide. He reached the semifinals of the European Open in January; he defeated heavy favorite Celso Venicius at the World Pro Cup trials; he won the World Cup finals in Abu Dhabi against Claudio Mattos, and he won the Brazilian Nationals in May.[8]

In 2011, Burns achieved his highest recognition as he won the gold medal in the 2011 World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships.[8]

In 2015, Burns won bronze at Abu Dhabi Submission Wrestling championships (ADCC).

In November 2020, Burns challenged Nate Diaz to a grappling match on an upcoming Submission Underground event, but the match didn't come to fruition.[15]

Burns faced Rafael Lovato Jr. in the main event of Who's Number One on April 30, 2021 and won a unanimous decision.[16]

He then fought against Lucas Barbosa in the main event of BJJ Stars 7 on November 6, 2021. Burns lost by submission after being caught in a rear-naked choke.[17]

Mixed martial arts career[edit]
Early career[edit]
After winning the 2011 World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Burns decided to make mixed martial arts his main focus and made his professional debut in January 2012.

Its possible.

Khamzat got ROCKED by a really small welterweight. He absolutely cannot absorb shots like that from Costa.

I have a serious doubt that style of fighting works against someone who is not going to get out muscled and easily out wrestled.

he also brawled with him and learned a lesson. Burns could rock most humans if he hits you with your chin in the air.

WRONG

Burns is one of the most accomplished BJJ guys in MMA.
He is a BJJ guy in MMA, who learned striking later in life.

Please educate yourself:

Background[edit]
When Burns was young, his father offered to fix his customer's car in trade for three months of jiu-jitsu lessons for all of his boys.[14] Burns started training at the Academia Associação Oriente, an affiliate of Nova União led by Welton Ribeiro.

Grappling career[edit]
He trained with Nova Uniao until the 2007 World Championship, where he came in second place.[8]

In 2009, Burns became recognized when he won the silver medal at the World Jiu-Jitsu Championship.[8]

In 2010, Burns attained a high level of international success competing worldwide. He reached the semifinals of the European Open in January; he defeated heavy favorite Celso Venicius at the World Pro Cup trials; he won the World Cup finals in Abu Dhabi against Claudio Mattos, and he won the Brazilian Nationals in May.[8]

In 2011, Burns achieved his highest recognition as he won the gold medal in the 2011 World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships.[8]

In 2015, Burns won bronze at Abu Dhabi Submission Wrestling championships (ADCC).

In November 2020, Burns challenged Nate Diaz to a grappling match on an upcoming Submission Underground event, but the match didn't come to fruition.[15]

Burns faced Rafael Lovato Jr. in the main event of Who's Number One on April 30, 2021 and won a unanimous decision.[16]

He then fought against Lucas Barbosa in the main event of BJJ Stars 7 on November 6, 2021. Burns lost by submission after being caught in a rear-naked choke.[17]

Mixed martial arts career[edit]
Early career[edit]
After winning the 2011 World Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Championships, Burns decided to make mixed martial arts his main focus and made his professional debut in January 2012.

BJJ guy IN MMA, bud. Read it again.

From Meni Mayer on his twitter..

They want to feed Costa to Khamzat and give him to titleshot next obviously..

Don't know why but i'll be rooting for Costa even if i don't give him that much chance

Edit : here is the post

Costa doesn't make it through the 2nd. This will be quick and easy for cumshot.

Great fight. If burns wobbled Khamzat a few times, Costa hits harder than Burns does. If Khamzat gets his grappling game going I think he should win but in a stand up fight I would think Costa would put him down.

Would be a great fight. I think Chimaev will find that taking Costa down, and then controlling him will be much more difficult than any opponent he has faced up to now. Wouldn't be surprised if he gassed first.

Great fight. But why the khamzat inactivity? He went from being on course to goatness in a year to typical fight twice an year ufc diva

Great fight. But why the khamzat inactivity? He went from being on course to goatness in a year to typical fight twice an year ufc diva
He fights more frequently than Costa does and Costa is one of the biggest divas in the UFC.

Great fight but Khamzat will just embarrass this dummy.

Believe it when I see. Both guys seem to talk and complain a lot, but fight very little. If it does happen, there's a good chance one or both of these morons would miss weight egregiously.

Chimaev demolishes him.
If it doesn't happen Chimaev is overrated.

He fights more frequently than Costa does and Costa is one of the biggest divas in the UFC.

Great fight but Khamzat will just embarrass this dummy.
No doubt!

It will look like khamzat Vs Leech

Have you seen Costa's performance against an old Rockhold ? I think Chimaev eats him alive

I don't believe Chimaev is ever actually fighting in the UDC again.

Hopefully uncle dana stops grounding him out of spite, take advantage of this guy only being 28

I don't believe Chimaev is ever actually fighting in the UDC again.
What's the UDC? I don't think he's ever fought in this org

If you meant UFC, you're clearly not going to be right lol

Back