Kimbo vs Ken Shamrock June 20th Bellator Main Event (Poll)

Kimbo via 1st rd KO. It's gonna look easier than Kimbo vs Tank Abbott.

Lol

John Kim has better striking than Ken, though, and that's no joke.

Off topic, but the fact they made Kim wait around in the cage that long doing nothing after knocking his opponent unconscious...that was fucked up. Awkward as hell.

Man, that cage looked like it was gonna collapse when they were up against it. Dread to think what would happen with heavyweights...

Loved the high kick spamming too, like a video game :D

And yeah, what the hell was with leaving him sat there doing fuck all? Have the announcement and let him get out of there so the doctor can take care of the dead guy.

Just saw this and I'm in awe, what a joke lol neways if the fight evn goes down an Ken doesn't pull out, then kimbo via Ken taking a dive 2 min into the fight at best

The real question is if the KO will come from a jab or not since they both have been taken out by light breezes.

Pretty lame.

Hope the rest if the card is strong. Never was a kimbo fan.

Kimbo via 1st rd KO. It's gonna look easier than Kimbo vs Tank Abbott.

I'm not one to claim fights were fixed, but that was a questionable one. When Tank got KO'd at the end, he quickly and leisurely put out his arm to break the fall.

I do think Kimo was a better fighter at that point, but I'd take 1996 Tank over Slice.

Man, that cage looked like it was gonna collapse when they were up against it. Dread to think what would happen with heavyweights...

Loved the high kick spamming too, like a video game :D

And yeah, what the hell was with leaving him sat there doing fuck all? Have the announcement and let him get out of there so the doctor can take care of the dead guy.

And not a single TD was attempted that day :icon_lol:

So much comedy even within the first minute.

"Out of the Liquid Nitro red corner, fighting out of Hardbody MMA..."

"Fighting out of the Pacific Home Remodeling blue corner..."

:icon_lol:

I can't wait till all of you eat your words.. Ken will take down Kimbo and sub him.

And not a single TD was attempted that day :icon_lol:

So much comedy even within the first minute.

"Out of the Liquid Nitro red corner, fighting out of Hardbody MMA..."

"Fighting out of the Pacific Home Remodeling blue corner..."

:icon_lol:

God yes. Sponsoring the fucking corners. Maybe when one guy kicks another in the balls, he can be sent to the Redneck Shop neutral corner. Hmm, maybe they could have all the neutral corners sponsored and spuriously call fouls to ensure each corner gets a call out...

I'm not one to claim fights were fixed, but that was a questionable one. When Tank got KO'd at the end, he quickly and leisurely put out his arm to break the fall.

I do think Kimo was a better fighter at that point, but I'd take 1996 Tank over Slice.

Idk if it was fixed or not but I think I agree that I'd take a 1996 Tank over Kimbo also.

Jesus christ, what a fucking joke.

and my usual response to bellator haters.... this is not close to on the joke scale as the ufc signing cm punk bottom line

this fight will put up numbers ken deserves one more big fight and its a good test for kimbo and bellator too see how much promotion they want to put behind kimbo

and my usual response to bellator haters.... this is not close to on the joke scale as the ufc signing cm punk bottom line

this fight will put up numbers ken deserves one more big fight and its a good test for kimbo and bellator too see how much promotion they want to put behind kimbo

I don't know. At catchweight, I'd take Punk over Ken via youth, mobility and not being nearly as beat up. I'm assuming that Punk is learning basic MMA striking and grappling, just like Kimbo, Hershel Walker and other "celebrities" have.

Ken's knees are so shot that's he engaging in a boxing/kickboxing/tough-guy type fight no matter who his opponent is. Forget about him getting a TD and using his leglocks.

While I'm giving Ken very little chance, his best strategy is obviously a TD, then top control, sub attempts and GnP. Since I seriously doubt he'll get the TD, he should clinch as much as possible.

Clinching/knees worked well for him in his rematch with Kimo in 2004. Of course, Ken was 11 years younger then and was still sort of a decent fighter. I wish he could've fought Tito at HW back then like he did against Kimo.

Of course, there's also danger in the clinch. As a boxer/street fighter, Kimbo will instictively throw uppercuts, and probably some elbows/knees of his own. But standing and trading with Kimbo is almost surely a loss for Ken. If he's forced to do that, I hope he throws some leg kicks. Both he and Kimbo are very vulnerable to those.

Ken won't pull out. He needs the money. He'll show up, get punched, and fall down. It will be incredibly anticlimactic.

Needs the money??? He just bought the biggest amateur MMA fight org this week so I doubt he has money problems.

the fight we've all been waiting to see!

jesus fucking christ. bellator really took a step backward into a steaming hot pile of dog shit with this one.

I don't know; Bellator does have good/interesting fighters on the roster, like Minakov, Newton and Venom Page.

If wheeling out less-than-stellar old drawing names like Kimbo, Ken and Tito will get eyeballs on them on free TV, what's the issue?

Skilled newbies need exposure; known old-timers who can't hang with them need to keep getting paid.

Win/Win, surely? Or does every fight have to be for a belt or title contention?

Last edited:
Back