Kingpin (1996) 49% rotten tomatoes is a joke.

Where is this comparison coming from?

I think both films are some of the most underrated from their generations but I didn't really find them to be similar outside of that.

Blades is very underrated in my opinion. I think it was a hit cause it was during Ferrell’s peak box office draw years but seems like it was forgotten in a way that some of his other big films weren’t. Yet I think it’s one of his best. The dynamic with Heder was great. And they really sort of stacked the deck with Fischer during the height of The Office’s popularity in there and Poehler and Arnett particularly hilarious as the villains.

That movie actually makes me surprised that Heder’s career in comedy didn’t gain more traction. It’d be one thing if he just had Napoleon Dynamite which is so quirky and specific but Blades showed he was capable of a different type of humor and he did well with it.

Don’t really see much of the comparison with Kingpin either other than them dealing with sports in some manner and being buddy comedies of sorts.

Kingpin is a classic and I think it can’t be overstated how good Woody’s post-Cheers career has been. Nobody from that very talented cast had the film success that he did. Great actor.

Comedies always get shit ratings
Waynes world 2 has a 6.2. scary movie has a 6.3 list goes on for funny movies with crap ratings.

Its my favorite comedy of all time. I'm quite surprised that it wa at 49% as you mentioned but the only two critics that really mattered at the time were Siskel and Ebert who both gave the movie two big thumbs up. I think one of them even had the movie in their top 10 of 1996.

I have been recommending the movie to anyone I know who havent seen it and they just cant stop laughing at the Landlady bed scene and morning cow routine

Underneath this great funny movie is that it has heart and that even though Roy Toy lost, he still had a happy ending

Agreed- Kingpin is top notch. I often find myself quoting Big Ern. And, that chick is legit hot af.

I hate how the bad guy wins
He might have won the tournament but it was implied that Ernest may have his own Roy situation where he ends up losing his hand. Claudia threw off her ex mobster boyfriends track and framed Ernest that he was the one that took the money

Rotten Tomatoes sucks imo, there are so many mediocre movies on there with very high scores. I use IMDB and Letterboxd, those tend to be more accurate Imo.

The chick Ghostbusters landed at 75 on RT

lol
Why anyone would pay any mind to critic scores is beyond me. Who cares what 10 individual people think of a movie? I care about the consensus of thousands of people.

Pro tip - stop using RT for critic scores.

Also, suggestion - stop acting like the critic scores are the only scores that exist on RT

Why anyone would pay any mind to critic scores is beyond me. Who cares what 10 individual people think of a movie? I care about the consensus of thousands of people.

Pro tip - stop using RT for critic scores.

Also, suggestion - stop acting like the critic scores are the only scores that exist on RT

Oh really? Wow...

What? RT has an aggregate of Critic Scores and an aggregate of Audience scores? No Way... and they're often complete different? Why is that?

approved-critics-ahahaha-v0-hoespj8vtiqc1.jpeg

There was a time when people could somewhat trust critic reviews before the industry turned into woke diarrhea.

People use now "critics" now illustrate how bullshit the media industry has become.

Oh really? Wow...

What? RT has an aggregate of Critic Scores and an aggregate of Audience scores? No Way... and they're often complete different? Why is that?
Yeah...that was my entire point. So why continually cite only the critic scores?

There was a time when people could somewhat trust critic reviews before the industry turned into woke diarrhea.

People use now "critics" now illustrate how bullshit the media industry has become.
Right wingers are 10x more obsessed with hollywood, celebrities, mainstream media, and mainstream culture than lefties are. It's seriously baffling to me that you get this riled up about what critics think. Who gives a fuck dude?

Right wingers are 10x more obsessed with hollywood, celebrities, mainstream media, and mainstream culture than lefties are. It's seriously baffling to me that you get this riled up about what critics think. Who gives a fuck dude?
I think that also highlights that a lot of more cynical Hollywood tokenism depends very strongly on getting a reaction from conservatives which it can show as a sign of its "importance".

Oh really? Wow...

Frozen empire was great.

Comedy always get the short end of the stick with critics. There is a reason for the uptight snob stereotype.

Legit one of the funniest movies ever produced. Has some heartwarming scenes, I honestly don’t know how you could dislike this film.

You have to be a guy that sniffs your own farts to dislike this film.

Literally I have never met someone that watched it and didn’t absolutely enjoy it and laugh their ass off.
It's got a lot a laugh moments, so I love to watch it.

kingpin-loser.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back