Social Knives out Triggers Conservative Literati (Spoilers)

I've never even heard of the movie but I don't keep track of Hollywood.

^guy who thinks following Hollywood is for morons, and spending hours of the day posting about politics on a karate forum is for true intellectuals.

Just the dumb ones, like this thread.

Seriously, have you heard of any political controversy surrounding this movie? It's pure baseless click bait, typos and all.

Hahahahaha

Yes, we all know Heretic does not stand for outrage discussions about obscure opinions.

A blockbuster major motion picture gettihg reviewed by one of the most prominent conservative publications in the country doesn't make the cut for relevance, but hold on to your tits if Twitter user FlowerChild4532 with 50 followers says white people suck and it gets 3 RT's over 4 days.

sounds like it's trying too hard.

apparently there is a movie called Playmobil starring, the V V itch, out which just bombed. They probably should have hired Brian Regan to play Del instead of Jim Gaffigan. I'd watch a thelma and louise remake starring Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan, though i'd be the only one.

sounds like it's trying too hard.

apparently there is a movie called Playmobil starring, the V V itch, out which just bombed. They probably should have hired Brian Regan to play Del instead of Jim Gaffigan. I'd watch a thelma and louise remake starring Brian Regan and Jim Gaffigan, though i'd be the only one.
T+L will be remade w/ Jim Carrey and Will Smith and Reagan/Gaffigan will star in a remake of Singing in the Rain, then you'll have some tough choices to make.

I went to see Knives Out last night. Logistical Notes:

- Cinema: Boogie place, reclining seats, full service eat-as-you-watch restaurant.
- Tab: One Water, One Dr. Pepper, Loaded Tots, Pretzel Bombs, Fish and Chips.
- Marta (main character-ish) is a total babe.

It's a great movie that is simultaneously smart, dumb, funny, and entertaining, perhaps the perfect holiday excursion. But Its political undertones aren't very subtle - a greedy, rich, and white family loses their inheritance, including the family house, to a person of color (Marta) whose heart is pure. The final scene is of Marta standing on the balcony alone as she looks down at the family whose fortune she as just inherited. She is brown, they are white. She is in power, they are not. The power dynamic that has characterized America for hundreds of years is turned upside down.

The National Review put up a review of the movie:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019...woke-white-left-annihilation-fantasy/#slide-1

The author states, "Rian Johnson has made an annihilation fantasy for the woke white Left." If this isn't the conservative literati's version of being triggered, I don't know what is. The author's thesis is that the movie triumphantly proclaims that people of color are in fact taking over America's culture and politics. Is it really, though? Marta isn't annihilating anyone in the movie, and the family, even without their inheritance, will be just fine.

Why isn't Hollywood allowed to make movies that scrutinize race relations without a white guy with a degree from Penn State claiming the stories are actually about genocide?

After what he did to Star Wars, the only thing of Rian Johnson's I'll watch is a Snuff Movie in which he's the star/victim.

Hahahahaha

Yes, we all know Heretic does not stand for outrage discussions about obscure opinions.

A blockbuster major motion picture gettihg reviewed by one of the most prominent conservative publications in the country doesn't make the cut for relevance, but hold on to your tits if Twitter user FlowerChild4532 with 50 followers says white people suck and it gets 3 RT's over 4 days.
Lmao

Is it overkill at this point? Yeah. Pretty much. I don't care though. I won't go see it because Rian, but I heard it's entertaining and it's whatever.

What leftists need to understand is that he reverse would trigger them worse. We know this. The double-standards are there and there is no denying. So as much as you are amused at a tiny conservative reaction, just live in the reality that something in the reverse would probably create real boycotts and leftist media attempts to create "national outcry." The double-standards are in fact becoming annoying, or worse.

c8b8674d9fbd04f8e2b78dfaf6496238.png

Visual representation of liberals and minorities hating on whitey and trying to stop his progress

^guy who thinks following Hollywood is for morons, and spending hours of the day posting about politics on a karate forum is for true intellectuals.
I don't think it's for morons, I just don't keep up with it.

Imagine working hard all week just to fork over your money to have this piece of trash pollute your and your supposed loved ones minds. Incredible.

I could care less about the political message, but if I hadn't seen it already I'd be offended that you threw out spoilers like that.

I went to see Knives Out last night. Logistical Notes:

- Cinema: Boogie place, reclining seats, full service eat-as-you-watch restaurant.
- Tab: One Water, One Dr. Pepper, Loaded Tots, Pretzel Bombs, Fish and Chips.
- Marta (main character-ish) is a total babe.

It's a great movie that is simultaneously smart, dumb, funny, and entertaining, perhaps the perfect holiday excursion. But Its political undertones aren't very subtle - a greedy, rich, and white family loses their inheritance, including the family house, to a person of color (Marta) whose heart is pure. The final scene is of Marta standing on the balcony alone as she looks down at the family whose fortune she as just inherited. She is brown, they are white. She is in power, they are not. The power dynamic that has characterized America for hundreds of years is turned upside down.

The National Review put up a review of the movie:
https://www.nationalreview.com/2019...woke-white-left-annihilation-fantasy/#slide-1

The author states, "Rian Johnson has made an annihilation fantasy for the woke white Left." If this isn't the conservative literati's version of being triggered, I don't know what is. The author's thesis is that the movie triumphantly proclaims that people of color are in fact taking over America's culture and politics. Is it really, though? Marta isn't annihilating anyone in the movie, and the family, even without their inheritance, will be just fine.

Why isn't Hollywood allowed to make movies that scrutinize race relations without a white guy with a degree from Penn State claiming the stories are actually about genocide?
Was expecting a black woman or something. The actress in question looks pretty caucasian.

To the dump!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back