Krav Maga "clinch"/grab for knee strikes - is it effective?

Lol I know better than to think that. I knew that going in, it was initially a choice of convenience going to this place. Actually wanted to take judo, but couldn't make it happen. I'll probably give this place another 6 months, then move on to something else.

I'm not super concerned with weather or not I'm getting the best possible training in existence, to be honest. Learn a little skill, get in better shape, relieve stress, have fun, etc.

If those are your goals you can train anywhere (and if you like where you're at no need to leave).

I got the sense from your post you knew all that stuff, just wanted to share my experience. I actually enjoy Muay Thai more then Krav (which I did like). I'm with you on Judo too, always wanted to train it.

I think one of the biggest differences I didn't mention before is that MT training also gives you a much better sense of timing, distance and rhythm of a fight. We did some sparring and technical sparring in Krav but it was often scenario type stuff. I don't think it can be overstated how important sparring is and it's simply better in MT and boxing. Same goes for rolling in BJJ. IMO the benefits of that stuff alone outweighs all the choke hold stuff by a mile.

I was taught a similar method when I did Hapkido and TKD.

os2-4.jpg

knee_strike-with-shadow.jpg

Krav Maga as it is taught in Israel is mostly useless techniques? Are you or anyone else seriously gonna argue that? I mean, ok, I can understand that about a commercialized American version, which probably should not even have the Krav Maga label but not for Krav maga as it is properly taught. The idea that Krav maga teaches mostly useless techniques is too moronic to be taken seriously for a millisecond. You do understand that, don't you?

He doesn't. People like that remind me of my brother's fat friend who always runs his mouth when talking to me or anyone online and acts like he is a martial arts expert because he has watched some ufc fights. In person he just looks at the ground around me and doesn't say anything. Everytime we have fight picks he is always wrong and has no clue about strategy.

Krav maga is an awesome system, if people like that guy don't want to learn real self-defense...oh well, he is the one who won't have a chance at defending himself. It's like being stupid on purpose.

well, isnt that kind of the point? why not just good at striking/grappling instead of learning some watered down shit with awareness training?

may as well just carry sand in your pocket, a kubotan and mace on your key chain and learn MMA.

maybe i wasn't clear but I completely agree with you haha

Back