Media KSW new Signings thread

The fact yesterday got announced that Sergej Maslobojev’s Glory Kickboxing LHW title-fight against Luis Tavares is off only contributes to this story

The fact yesterday got announced that Sergej Maslobojev’s Glory Kickboxing LHW title-fight against Luis Tavares is off only contributes to this story

From an interview with Sergej Maslobojev:

- "Champion" - what is the meaning of this word now?

- This is another ambition of mine. I've always said that my best fights are in the future. Then when I say "champion" I forget all the titles I've won and see only the challenge and the Glory championship belt in front of me. Later, I will feel like a newbie again because I will have a new goal and a new dream. There is not much time left until this... You need to pick yourself up, concentrate and do what you have been dreaming about for so many years. Then I think I'll be able to say "Yes, I'm a champion" again.

"When you say that, what's next?"

- Oh, next, Mantas, we have a lot of interesting things waiting for us, which I think we will have the opportunity to talk about more than once, right now I have only the August 20 fight against Luis Tavares in mind.

From an interview with Sergej Maslobojev:

- "Champion" - what is the meaning of this word now?

- This is another ambition of mine. I've always said that my best fights are in the future. Then when I say "champion" I forget all the titles I've won and see only the challenge and the Glory championship belt in front of me. Later, I will feel like a newbie again because I will have a new goal and a new dream. There is not much time left until this... You need to pick yourself up, concentrate and do what you have been dreaming about for so many years. Then I think I'll be able to say "Yes, I'm a champion" again.

"When you say that, what's next?"

- Oh, next, Mantas, we have a lot of interesting things waiting for us, which I think we will have the opportunity to talk about more than once, right now I have only the August 20 fight against Luis Tavares in mind.
From Kakutougi forum @Shadess :

Maslobojev on insta, via google translate:
"As hard and empty as it is inside, I promise that after a short recovery process, I will return to the preparation and give it my all again, so that in March, I will fulfill what I have been preparing for my whole life."

Wonder if the March he speaks of means that's how far the title fight has already been pushed, or maybe making his MMA return then?

I thought that guy had fought MMA donkeys years ago, just went and checked and 11-6. Thought it was being talked about like a new crossover, like Doumbe.

Back