Media Kyle Daukus is taller than Chris

he needs to drop down to 205 at least. him trying to pull the shorts over his fat when his name was being announced was awkward
quit playin games lady, you loved that

He's built like Jake Collier after he said fuck it, and got fat.
67filrzt1o771.png

This only supports the case for condensing the heavier weight classes. The fact that a middleweight sized person is able to get wins at heavyweight says it all. I think the weight classes should be 125, 135, 145, 155, 165, 175, 190, and open/heavyweight.

Not sure if hed be any better at lhw or mw. His thing is the big handspeed. This does wonders in hw division but lower there are other quick dudes. He is flirting with top ten. Maybe Im wrong but he seems fine for now.

There will always be fat guys hanging around in the heavyweight division, nothing new there. Back to back KO losses to Lewis and Blades is a setback sure, but hardly translates to not belonging in the HW division. Give him a stepdown in competition for his next fight and he will probably be fine, not every fighter will be champ.

There’s no way him being that fat at 235 is him properly nourishing his body and stopping him from going to LHW. I am a former athlete myself who loves food and yeah, no way. 220 is a small LHW now and he’s got a lot more than 15 he could lose comfortably. He is like 40 pounds overweight. Cannonier went from a fat 260 to a MW and I know every bodies different but he’s fighting much larger, stronger men who are muscular at 260 - he’s at a huge disadvantage in every fight

I said I thought he couldn't do 185 and perform well, not 205, I said that was probably a good idea. Cannonier 260? He weighed in at 241 (and 235 before) at HW, why are you making up numbers? I don't disagree that 205 is probably a good move, I was saying him at 185 probably isn't in the cards so wtf are you talking about?

Chris needs to move down to 205 or 185. He's ridiculously small and doesn't have massive power, dominant grappling or Bjj or even the benefits of a smaller fighter, he's not fast or agile, his hand speed and defense is nothing special and he lacks the intimidation factor against the top guys. He literally beat Shamil Abdurakhimov who's been stopped 3 times in a row and has not won a fight in years.

He lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time. I don't know why people giving him shit for it. He isn't going to lose that skin going down another weightclass. He just looks like my cat who lost a lot of weight when it got older. The loose skin is still there.

That might be because you measure height in a retarded way. Inches aren't particularly precise and you tend not to go further than that when mentioning height.

b2s9ZWdjREdjNkk

Zw

Really find myself rooting for Chris Daukus now after these setbacks. Did not like how they gave him a quick turnaround against one of the absolute best HWs after coming off the KO loss to Lewis.

Yea that was brutal. For all intents and purposes Blaydes is better than Lewis

Sticking to a diet is fine but sticking to a diet for a guy who naturally carries extra fat and is that big in order to potentially make 185 is just different. It's absolutely life altering and it's hard to train all day everyday without getting the things your body needs in order to feel normal'ish, so 185 imo is not at all in the picture for him. Mma fans that have never cut weight have this weird belief that it's easy. Everyone is different and weight comes off easier for some and harder for others. I wrestled for a long time and cut weight often, some mma fans have a perception that it's easy to cut giant amounts of weight when in reality cutting even 6 or 8 pounds when your not full of water is really shitty.

It's somehow become the norm (for people that have no clue) to think someone can cut insane amounts of water weight because they see numbers and over the years it's just become more and more. It's not realistic to cut 30 lbs of water weight, it just isn't. For him to make MW is a struggle that I don't think you understand. I'll i'm saying is he couldn't make MW and perform to the best of his abilities and his camp would be absolute shit and that would effect his performance too. It's not realistic. I could see 205 and he could play with that but he has his advantages at HW too, so it's kinda 50/50 imo and if it's 50/50 then why bother.
If he dieted and lost 35lbs, he could cut to mw bro, what kind of crack you smoking

Back