Social Kyle Rittenhouse updates

That's not what that means. You're misunderstanding. Of course you are tattooing yourself, but symbols have cultural connotations, some heavier than others. Do you understand what "connotation" or "context" means? I'm sincerely asking.
Sure but you're ascribing what a group of people believe about a symbol to what an individual believes. That doesn't jive.

You don't think star wars is culturally accepted as being depicted as insurrection? It's called the rebellion for a reason.

Star Wars has not ever attained that meaning in the culture, no. It isn't just about the language in the show itself, it's about what cultural forces have taken up the symbols and ascribed meaning to them. Many many sci fi shows, children's shows, etc, feature acts of rebellion, but few actually carry that weight to the extent that small or large groups attach to them for the express purpose of "rebellion." The smurfs are about rebellion too, but that doesn't mean they carry that cultural or contextual weight.

Sure but you're ascribing what a group of people believe about a symbol to what an individual believes. That doesn't jive.

Lets take an egregious example like the Nazi symbol. It makes no difference what any ONE individual thinks it means. That symbol simply carries that weight collectively.

Star wars tattoos in the same category wince you're either idealizing insurrection or a fascist state?

America was founded through insurrection. If you have the support of an oppressed populace, history can be kind to insurrectionists.

Also, The Punisher is a laser focused condemnation of law enforcement, which is why the creators have objected strenuously to the appropriation of their symbol.

I realize I never directly answered your question, so no, I don't think the tattoo should automatically exclude someone from being an officer of the law. I do think people authorized to carry a weapon and enforce the law should be carefully screened and trained, and that a Punisher tattoo needs to considered during both of those processes.

Lets take an egregious example like the Nazi symbol. It makes no difference what any ONE individual thinks it means. That symbol simply carries that weight collectively.
It makes all the difference. If a person gets the Hindu version, with the Hindu meaning behind it, whatever cultural forces you think dictate its meaning are wrong in that case.

America was founded through insurrection. If you have the support of an oppressed populace, history can be kind to insurrectionists.

Also, The Punisher is a laser focused condemnation of law enforcement, which is why the creators have objected strenuously to the appropriation of their symbol.

I realize I never directly answered your question, so no, I don't think the tattoo should automatically exclude someone from being an officer of the law. I do think people authorized to carry a weapon and enforce the law should be carefully screened and trained, and that a Punisher tattoo needs to considered during both of those processes.
I'm not saying it hasn't been appropriated by some scummy individuals but wholesale application of their interpretation of the symbol across everyone that uses it is retarded. I mean, i agree that everything about a person wanting to be a cop should be screened but there shouldn't be special box for Punisher tattoo that needs to be checked or not.

Do you think it's appropriate for officers to use the Punisher logo?

The creators of Punisher absolutely do not.

What they choose to adorn themselves with shirts or tattoos is up to them. I don’t like when the cops incorporate that onto their cruisers. It sends the wrong message and I understand why the creator feels the way he does-I think he is being a fucking diva about it, but it’s his creation to do what he wants with it and unless he tries to do some sort of copyright infringement lawsuit, I imagine anyone that wants to will use his logo how they want

No because you speak in the language that cops speak in: doublespeak, hedging, trying to use technicalities, lying by omission. You also get frustrated really really easily, like at the level of a man in his early 20's.

I shudder to think a man like you was ever a cop and carried a gun.

you’re the one that came out of a two year hiatus or something and chose me to post about because you are the one that can’t handle my existence and it upsets you

It's one thing if a person got a tattoo when they were a teen long before they became swine. But if somebody got a tattoo after they became a cop there isn't much excuse. You're just creating reasonable cause where there usually isn't any. And as swine, you know intent is impossible to prove so you hide out there, "You don't know what's in my/their heart" is an excuse for racism that goes back to the days of slavery. You are giving racists and fascists an out. Sure, the web tattoo has multiple meanings, but like the Punisher tattoo, the vast majority of cops that have it have it for the reason we know they have it. The sad part is, I'm pretty sure you don't even realize what you're doing and saying. The lies and hedging are so deeply ingrained in you from being a cop you may actually believe you're on the cause of justice.

The way I did the job was for the cause of justice. I don’t care if I fit your expectations or not. You can think I am fitting or fulfilling some stereotype of cops, but you’re the stereotyped elitist snob academic that’s really a commie that doesn’t recognize the hypocrisy of thinking you’re some elite faux intellectual while wanting the US to be communist

Also irrelevant. You're not tattooing the culture, you're tattooing yourself.

aahh, there he is again thinking he is everyone’s intellectual superior. I bet he has a man-bun and some hipster mustache

I always felt the support came from the punisher being able to exact revenge when these cops are constrained by law. Like a “I wish I could punish the wicked, but the law won’t let me and I follow the law even when I don’t want to

I don’t want this thread to get dumped so I suggest we find another thread to discuss police tactics and morality. The thread on rashard brooks in Atlanta is a better place to continue this discussion

So, back to the article that claims people like Kyle only take their guns to protests to cause intimidation to shut down the opposing views. It blasts the right for using this tactic the most, it I actually think as an intimidation aspect, the way anqueefa and blm operate is through fear. Fear of being attacked, fear of being ostracized or canceled, have problems at work, etc. you don’t actually need to have a legitimate reason to be carrying out in the open in accordance with the second amendment . I worry more about the other side having hidden guns.

I always felt the support came from the punisher being able to exact revenge when these cops are constrained by law. Like a “I wish I could punish the wicked, but the law won’t let me and I follow the law even when I don’t want to

I don't know but doesn't the US military use that symbol even more than police?

Back