KYOKUSHIN

shincheckin

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
so as I understand it, kyokushin guys are good at kicking from close distance.

I was wondering if anyone had some links to some instructional videos that show their close distance kicking techniques.

I'll look through these later and see if I can find anything.

I seem to remember posting several instructionals in you previous thread last week, So I refer you to them instead of reposting.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kyokushin-and-taekwondo.3631553/#post-134649761
there is no magic trick too kicking at close distance, just normal practice.It help to get the power from a snap, instead of a big movement (mostly because its harder to see and therefore block), but that is not really a hard rule either.
But :

Last edited:
Kicks to the head work in Kyoukushin sparring because their guard is low. Their guard is low because they don't want to be dropped by bare knuckled body shots, and the theory is that since a kick travels slower than a punch, that they can parry it more often than not.

so as I understand it, kyokushin guys are good at kicking from close distance.

I was wondering if anyone had some links to some instructional videos that show their close distance kicking techniques.

Just Youtube Kyokushin KOs

I seem to remember posting several instructionals in you previous thread last week, So I refer you to them instead of reposting.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/kyokushin-and-taekwondo.3631553/#post-134649761
there is no magic trick too kicking at close distance, just normal practice.It help to get the power from a snap, instead of a big movement (mostly because its harder to see and therefore block), but that is not really a hard rule either.
But :

If I posted the first two parts, I might aswell post the parts from vol 3&4 of the "born to be the strongest" technique dvd series. Its a 5 dvd technique series with several high profile fighters showing fighting techniques&combinations as they do them, and Midori has a technique section in 4 of them (the 5th dvd came years after the first 4, and was a bit different -and not as good). The 5-hour "WKO kumite instructional" youtube vid I sometimes link to, is a collage picked from the first 3 volumes (mostly from the first) of the series.

Cool tricks in those KK videos.

I like the practice of throwing a 1 - 2 and throwing a headkick with your right leg right after your cross lands. Really high percentage. You can also use the cross to trap their lead hand out of the way of the kick.

Good stuff.

Cool tricks in those KK videos.

I like the practice of throwing a 1 - 2 and throwing a headkick with your right leg right after your cross lands. Really high percentage. You can also use the cross to trap their lead hand out of the way of the kick.

Good stuff.

How is this supposed to be applicable in civilian clothes - head kicks in jeans? The first thing anyone will do to you in a real fight, if they strike, is punch or elbow you to the head. And if you're unlucky, the MF has some training.

How is this supposed to be applicable in civilian clothes - head kicks in jeans? The first thing anyone will do to you in a real fight, if they strike, is punch or elbow you to the head. And if you're unlucky, the MF has some training.

Civilian clothes?

Are you some kind of dork, idiot, or troll? All 3 perhaps?

if you want to talk "street fighting" than there are no rules. so why fight hand to hand when I can just shoot you, stab you, mace you, jump you, cheap shot you, etc etc.

any kyokushin guys in the Inland Empire area of southern california?

You;d be surprised, walked into old navy the other day, their active (sportswear) clothing has improved alot. Had these dress pant looking pants, and you can definitely headkick with them. The groin part is loose, while everywhere else is a snug fit. Looks great as well.

So if a low tier clothing shop can produce that at good price, high end stores will do even better

I had Hawaiian pizza tonight. What'd you have @AndyMaBobs and @Hotora86 ?

You;d be surprised, walked into old navy the other day, their active (sportswear) clothing has improved alot. Had these dress pant looking pants, and you can definitely headkick with them. The groin part is loose, while everywhere else is a snug fit. Looks great as well.

So if a low tier clothing shop can produce that at good price, high end stores will do even better

I had Hawaiian pizza tonight. What'd you have @AndyMaBobs and @Hotora86 ?
Yesterday we had a simple mozzarella, cherry tomato and prosciutto one. Thanks for asking.

if you want to talk "street fighting" than there are no rules. so why fight hand to hand when I can just shoot you, stab you, mace you, jump you, cheap shot you, etc etc.

21687880_823589641151237_8580566653168574821_n.png

@Hotora86 @AndyMaBobs

to the op, it's more that we have no choice in shinkyokushin but to utilise kicks from all distances since pretty much all fights are in the 'pocket', toe to toe as close as elbow distance a lot of the times. compared to a muay thai kick, you still use the hip but it's more a snap and the angle you drive your leg into their leg if you get what I mean but also knowing what part of the quads to strike with. so you're kinda snapping/striking downwards but in a 45 degree angle in a way. practice would probably be the best explanation haha.

'head kick in jeans'

it's as simple as head kicking with shorts.... obviously not as comfortable but unless you're wearing tighter jeans that my girl's (than you should stick to ballet dancing), I don't see how there's any difference.

kicking range is longer than a punch or an elbows fyi....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back