L Edwards now clarifies why Ian Garry isn't welcome anymore

I believe the gym's also in an area of Birmingham with a lot of social problems and youths who could end up involved in crime? I think it's not a great message to those youths to have someone like Ian Garry in the gym, who seems to want to follow his own rulebook.

No they moved it to the outskirts of the city, like a white suburb.

But a lot of the inner city kids still travel out to there to train.

Birmingham's generally a serious place, so that diva shit doesn't fly.

Reactions: HHJ
Uggh we had this dude who was trying to be an influencer in the early days of FB/IG who would bring his girl in and make her film all his training sesssions (he edited them like Conor to make “highlight reels” lol)
coach had to pull him aside and talk to him, he didn’t come back.

Some guys just do the whole wandering samurai thing and make it work. But this seems like Garry is just a fame hungry douche.

I've known two types of people who adopt the wandering samurai approach. People who simply enjoy training and want to experience different things, but aren't focused on this as a career. Then, people who perhaps shift it up every now and then, but already have a decade or more of dedicated training and thus have their own psychology developed.

That said, someone in their earlier years as an amateur or professional would most often be better suited with some stability to guide their development. Bouncing around when still young doesn't suggest a great deal of maturity.

the Ian Garry Cuckchado saga just gets funnier and sadder each day. if i can quote my UK friends across the pond, the guy is an absolute knob

I've known two types of people who adopt the wandering samurai approach. People who simply enjoy training and want to experience different things, but aren't focused on this as a career. Then, people who perhaps shift it up every now and then, but already have a decade or more of dedicated training and thus have their own psychology developed.

That said, someone in their earlier years as an amateur or professional would most often be better suited with some stability to guide their development. Bouncing around when still young doesn't suggest a great deal of maturity.
Totally agree,
I’ve met a few guys over the years who fall into that category of the former and were some of the coolest and best training partners I’ve ever had. It’s a interesting path to walk as a martial artist.

And yeah I’ve never liked/agreed with the kids who try and build their brand along with their fight career. It seems like they are too focused on being famous and not fighting.

Garry is just a misunderstood Scouser

But people also tend to hate "influencers" just for doing that kind of work.
And rightly so! Its not "Work". Being famous for being famous is a plague on our society. You used to have to be famous for being the best at something. Best actor, best comedian, best athlete etc. Now people film themselves walking their dog, working out, sticking things up their bums etc and make money off of it. Kids watch other kids playing video games when they could be playing it themselves. Not even videos explaining how to play/beat the game, literally watching hours of gameplay with no purpose.

No they moved it to the outskirts of the city, like a white suburb.

But a lot of the inner city kids still travel out to there to train.

Birmingham's generally a serious place, so that diva shit doesn't fly.
I see. Probably can get a bigger facility that way. Hopefully the city centre areas still have something, for the new kids (doubt Leon's mum would've sent him to a gym an hour bus journey away).

Tbh "white suburb" likely conjures up a different image to Americans on here than the reality. The UK isn't as income segregated so even most nicer suburbs aren't as uniformly affluent as in the US and plenty of the roughest areas are white areas on the outskirts. I'm in the inner city of another Midlands city and would call many white suburbs rough...the most famous gang family here were from a suburb, same area my colleague was stabbed, just as an example.

Why is the MMA Community so Cult like. but hey they know better than me.
maybe its something im missing. God knows i wish someone made my wrestling practice more
fun.....

Aside from cameras as Camp training should be done in private.
i dont see a problem him shooting videos.
of course the fighters you train with give consent, I dont see the problem.
AS LONG AS IAN IS PAYING OR MAYBE CHARGE IAN A BIT MORE THAN THE OTHERS
for those privileges then everything should be fine.
MMA is a very selfish sport, and thus it shouldnt be treated like some sacred ninja
dojo

The past seems to side with Leon.

So does the present. Other fighters from leon's gym said similar things, and so did fighters from killcliff.

Reactions: HHJ
I see. Probably can get a bigger facility that way. Hopefully the city centre areas still have something, for the new kids (doubt Leon's mum would've sent him to a gym an hour bus journey away).

Tbh "white suburb" likely conjures up a different image to Americans on here than the reality. The UK isn't as income segregated so even most nicer suburbs aren't as uniformly affluent as in the US and plenty of the roughest areas are white areas on the outskirts. I'm in the inner city of another Midlands city and would call many white suburbs rough...the most famous gang family here were from a suburb, same area my colleague was stabbed, just as an example.

The Renegade move meant that a bunch of ex-Team Renegade couldn't commit to travelling out there to train everyday, so there's some gyms that have popped up in a few inner city parts of Birmingham.

Fearless MMA (Leon's wrestling coach's gym) is also an option for some of the lads.

lol you got me there bro, just had chemo last 2 days so my brain is fogged out o_O

Best of luck boyo.

We had a guy bring his bird every session to watch, every break he'd go and chat to her and ignore the group. To be fair he was Polish and didn't speak a word of English but still changes the atmosphere.
Why the fuck would someone bring a bird to practice? Some people are just wierd.

At least it's better than to bring a cat or dog to be honest

Back