Largest Sports Contracts in History - All Sports -

Jesus christ baseball pays a lot more than i imagined. Is baseball more popular then NBA and NFL in america?

Jesus christ baseball pays a lot more than i imagined. Is baseball more popular then NBA and NFL in america?

It's third behind American Football and Basketball in popularity. But they have more games a year than the other sports in a season. That's probably how they have so much money. Like 162 games a in a season I think.

Last edited:
Not one ''Soccer'' or Formula 1 guy on the list suggests this is either horseshit or suffers from North American tunnel vision.
Post their highest team contracts then....I coulda sworn Bale was on this list somewhere

Post their highest team contracts then....I coulda sworn Bale was on this list somewhere
he is fella, but not on the first page of that wiki article, he's the only one, and yet, he's not in the Top 5 best paid footballers

That’s a lot of risk on Canelo, if he takes on bigger tougher guys, it’s a better draw, but risks him losing and taking a beating that could hurt his drawing power for the remainder of the contract. Give him soft opposition and fans won’t tune in. Either way, DAZN will go bust before that contract is up.
It's such a nuts gamble on him. Especially if it's all guaranteed.

he is fella, but not on the first page of that wiki article, he's the only one, and yet, he's not in the Top 5 best paid footballers
Post the top five footballer team contracts then mate. Educate me.

Post the top five footballer team contracts then mate. Educate me.
Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Oscar that are still playing, Tevez would make the 5 when he was in China, and there are one or two others who are on more than Bale.

Where are the MMA pseudo sport cans? lmao

I don't think this list is complete. A lot of basketball contracts missing, for instance.

It's such a nuts gamble on him. Especially if it's all guaranteed.

I thought they reported it was, since he’s not getting any PPV revenue from the fights. I think he gets some additional money if subscriptions spike around his fights too.

giphy.gif

It's third behind American Football and Basketball in popularity. But they have more games a year than the other sports in a season. That's probably how they have so much money. Like 162 games a in a season I think.

Yep, basically this. Plus in the NFL a lot of the revenue is from TV contracts which flow through the NFL. In the MLB, teams for the most part negotiate their TV rights. With DVR and the declining TV viewership overall, being able to have 162 games of live programming at 3hours or more a game where people will often watch live with commercials is a goldmine, A lot of sports fans, myself included, haven't cut the cord yet because of sports.

Better the money goes to players than owners but still what a waste of resources

Baseball gets alot of money because there's so many moments of non-action and opportunities to show advertising. That's partially why sports like soccer are harder for tv markets, few random breaks to hawk shit. Baseball is like the perfect game because there's like 30 minutes of action but the games last 2-3 hours.

Where is McGregor? Did Dana lie to me? I thought human cock fighting was bigger than soccer =/

Baseball gets alot of money because there's so many moments of non-action and opportunities to show advertising. That's partially why sports like soccer are harder for tv markets, few random breaks to hawk shit. Baseball is like the perfect game because there's like 30 minutes of action but the games last 2-3 hours.
This sort of pisses me off to read.

I think they're just a lot shorter than most other sports' so they don't make these lists.

For example, Carlos Tevez was making $40 million a year in China but only lasted 1 or 2 years. Messi and Ronaldo are also at about $40m/year but their contracts last 3-4 years.
aww gotcha makes sense

so based on $$$ per year, looks like the nba owns this list.
Thanks to that revenue increase and salary cap explosion that has occurred over the past two years.. and will continue for another year or so. All of those max contracts are getting ridiculous.. guy making $40 mil a year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kechan123
Back