Last Action Hero

• Thread starter Deleted member 159002
  • Start date
Saw it in the theatre with a bunch of buddies on opening night. We got all smoked up and waited in line with about a million other people eagerly anticipating it.

Left bitterly disappointed, as it was a steaming pile of dog shit. Have never bothered trying to watch it since.

HELP! GET ME OUTTA HERE!
Liked it when I saw it in theaters (Arnold and Jurassic Park in theaters at the same time then), like it now. My favorite part is likely no one else's, it's when Arnold says "Look, Elephant!" (sounds more like "Look Aelaphant!") to distract the gangsters at the rooftop funeral.
The doctor has FAINTED!!

I watched it in the cinema. Probably one of the worst Schwarzenegger movies I'd seen up to that point. I know I have watched it again at some point but it's still more than 10 years ago. I say it's ok. I see very little point in rewatching movies nowadays, once is enough, and not too seldom it's too many times.

never liked it
it was the beginning of his decline

Enjoyed it. Highly underrated Arnie flick.

I liked it. Im an action/comedy guy plus I'm not very intelligent so I don't over think things. Haven't seen it in decades maybe I can steal it

Love that movie. One of Arnies best. Love every second of it and think you should watch it TS

Can't be fucked to read every review here but if you like that era it's awesome.. some funny references, arnie, That bad guy, tolarable child actor..

Is it a great movie? Nope..

Disagree.
8u6Wb1d.gif
I'm not gonna argue with you

I saw Last Action Hero once, shortly after it came to VHS. I remember thinking it was pretty bad. Just watched the trailer on Youtube and I'm kind of interested. Did it age well or is it just as bad as it was when it came out?
the only good thing that came out of that movie is A Little Bitter and What the Hell Have I.

Started watching it tonight. About 45 minutes in. It's not so bad! Definitely enjoying it more than when I saw it in the 90s. That kid is super annoying though.

It came out when I was in grade 3 or 4. I was a HUGE Schwarzenegger fan, but I thought it was cheesy and dumb. But at that age I had no appreciation for satire. I rewatched it in my 20s or early 30s and now appreciate it as a pretty funny movie to be honest.

Finished it tonight! It wasn't so bad! Definitely aged well. As a young kid I didn't appreciate things like satire and concepts like parallel universes.

Back