League of Legends v.16......2018 worlds

Will TSM choke

• Total voters
And Longzhu down, too, after that start.

The Chinese are fucking choke artists.

Also, Longzhu is Korean. Unless you're shitting on EDG, the other two Chinese teams haven't played yet.

It's not if you've followed LoL for awhile. TSM is the ultimate choke artists. 0-10 never forget.
I'm aware of their reputation; didn't realize it was that bad. I watched most of those Week 1 games. They were steamrolling everyone. I saw that EDG blew it, but it's pretty obvious that they build leads to lose them.

My bad on Longzhu. Thought they were Chinese.

I'm aware of their reputation; didn't realize it was that bad. I watched most of those Week 1 games. They were steamrolling everyone. I saw that EDG blew it, but it's pretty obvious that they build leads to lose them.

My bad on Longzhu. Thought they were Chinese.

*That's racist.gif*

It's even better that the #1 Korean team choked imo

Man, that was brutal. The final shot with Doublelift and summoner spell icons beside him actually made me sad for him.

Serves them right though. All that talk about dream group and they end up 1-1 against everyone, even trash tier Flash Wolves. All of their wins were ugly and all of their losses were outright stomps.

TSM had zero first bloods and TWO kills pre-15 minutes across 7 games. Those two kills were Hauntzer and Bjergsen solo kills which is very emblematic.

LOL, that's cute.

This was the one I was going for.
HEOJs.gif

Jesus Christ, that was a massacre. I guess that's what it looks like when SKT, you know, tries in the early game. Fuck. Every other team in the tournie just dropped their hearts into their shoes.
This was the one I was going for.
HEOJs.gif
Sorry, dude, "Zhu" is a Chinese surname. That was really the gist of my assumption. I'd never referenced their nationality, and while I'm genuinely better than most whites/Americans, I'm not able to just eyeball the difference between Chinese and Koreans. I haven't watched any featurettes on them, either, like I have with most of the other teams.

Sometimes education works against oneself.

Well, holy shit, we have a match, here.

Misfits turning it around. They're up 2-1. Seemed like SKT showed a bit of desperation (rather than cunning) on that Baron attempt that got stolen, and did them in.

To be fair, Longzhu is the name of a Chinese streaming platform who originally sponsored Incredible Miracle and eventually rebranded the team with it's own name.

The team has since then been bought by a Chinese retailer so they're owned AND named after Chinese companies.

Holy shit, this match is turning out so much more exciting than I expected it's absurd.
To be fair, Longzhu is the name of a Chinese streaming platform who originally sponsored Incredible Miracle and eventually rebranded the team with it's own name.

The team has since then been bought by a Chinese retailer so they're owned AND named after Chinese companies.
And there you go. I knew that name was Chinese. I depend on names where my eyes fail to inform me.

Jesus Christ, that was a massacre. I guess that's what it looks like when SKT, you know, tries in the early game. Fuck. Every other team in the tournie just dropped their hearts into their shoes.

Sorry, dude, "Zhu" is a Chinese surname. That was really the gist of my assumption. I'd never referenced their nationality, and while I'm genuinely better than most whites/Americans, I'm not able to just eyeball the difference between Chinese and Koreans. I haven't watched any featurettes on them, either, like I have with most of the other teams.

Sometimes education works against oneself.

I think you take me way too seriously.

I think you take me way too seriously.
Wacist.

So do you guys think SKT will still win the tournament after that? Seems like they play passively waiting for a big mistake in every pressure match. One would think the blueprint would be to pick a stronger early/mid game comp, grinding semi-aggressively, and then do everything possible to avoid a major late game mistake after building a fat gold lead. Incredibly easy to say, but it's just seems like these teams are giving it away rather than SKT actively taking it.

Wacist.

So do you guys think SKT will still win the tournament after that? Seems like they play passively waiting for a big mistake in every pressure match. One would think the blueprint would be to pick a stronger early/mid game comp, grinding semi-aggressively, and then do everything possible to avoid a major late game mistake after building a fat gold lead. Incredibly easy to say, but it's just seems like these teams are giving it away rather than SKT actively taking it.

At this point I don't know what to think. Misfits misplayed the end of that badly, and I doubt RNG / FNC do the same. SSG looks solid and could easily win it.

For once we have a somewhat competitive worlds.

At this point I don't know what to think. Misfits misplayed the end of that badly, and I doubt RNG / FNC do the same. SSG looks solid and could easily win it.

For once we have a somewhat competitive worlds.
I think that third announcer was right. SKT was playing beyond passively, playing scared, and Misfits failed to capitalize on their window by taking down the Baron. I think if they had gone in there rather than just negating SKT's vision control they would have got it, and maybe gotten more (desperation deaths from SKT trying to stop it). Then they just engaged where they had no business engaging; second time in that specific match they did that, but it was late, so it cost them the series.

Who do you guys think stands the best chance of not making those late-game mistakes where they hesitate when they have momentum or push when it isn't to their advantage?

I think that third announcer was right. SKT was playing beyond passively, playing scared, and Misfits failed to capitalize on their window by taking down the Baron. I think if they had gone in there rather than just negating SKT's vision control they would have got it, and maybe gotten more (desperation deaths from SKT trying to stop it). Then they just engaged where they had no business engaging; second time in that specific match they did that, but it was late, so it cost them the series.

Who do you guys think stands the best chance of not making those late-game mistakes where they hesitate when they have momentum or push when it isn't to their advantage?

There was a major misplay on Ignar's part late in the game. POE took out Huni near blue buff, giving them a 5v4 advantage with 3 infernal drakes. Instead of them grouping to take something, Ignar gets caught near red. It felt like solo queue, but part of me thinks it was a great play by SKT - willing to push into an opponents jungle down a player and getting the catch.

i got the feeling SKT were just letting MSF win, because SKT stomped their asses so fucking hard on game 5 and when they got up from their chairs Huni was all like "glad this bullshit is over"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back