News Leon Edwards Head Coach Confirms Leon WILL Be On UFC 304 "99.9% Chance Vs Belal Muhammad"

They probably put Aspinall vs Pereira as the headliner on this card since they know this fight won't sell. 304 is going to be ok. Good for Belal though it's about time.
That would be awesome but there's no way the UFC sticks arguably their biggest current star (Conor aside) on a UK card that will sell out with or without him.

Besides I think Pereira wants to get his feet wet at HW before going after the belt. He called for 'a fight at HW' not Aspinall specifically.

That would be awesome but there's no way the UFC sticks arguably their biggest current star (Conor aside) on a UK card that will sell out with or without him.

Besides I think Pereira wants to get his feet wet at HW before going after the belt. He called for 'a fight at HW' not Aspinall specifically.
Well they offered Gane the shot recently so Pereira would make sense if they are looking for a big fight. I mean I'm not sure what the company feels about Blaydes right now.

Nah, I don’t think so. Just spitballing but a card like this will do fine, especially when it’s one catered to a local audience. It’s better than 301.

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Aspinall vs. Blaydes
Green vs. Pimblett
MVP vs. Thompson
Allen vs. Emmett
If that is the card they make its not a bad one at all.

That'd be a hell of a card, though i think Aspinall vs Blaydes will 100% be the headliner for PPV purposes even if it is for the Interm.
Be interesting to see if that’s what they do. In the past they tend to put interim fights below regardless of weight class, but given Edwards/Muhammad isn’t exactly a huge seller wonder if they would mix it up.

Well they offered Gane the shot recently so Pereira would make sense if they are looking for a big fight. I mean I'm not sure what the company feels about Blaydes right now.
Gane is already European based and would make a load of French fans cross the channel to attend the fight.

He's also a proven commodity at HW and it's a fight they have wanted to put together for a while.

I'm all for Poatan at HW, but they aren't going to put him on a UK card any time soon.

Right now Blaydes is the highest ranked heavyweight that isn't booked, injured, Aspinall hasn't already beaten, or currently filming a TV show, he has history with the champ (being the only blemish on his UFC record) and both fighters have publicly called for the fight.

Aspinall has also publicly said he'd like the Pereira fight of course, but every time it's been mentioned to him Poatan has shot it down.

good, Belal deserves a shot despite him being more boring than a 6 hour dissertation on different types of sand grains.
he gets his shot, Leon gets a good title defense and all is right with MMA. i think Leon will dominate him comfortably.

They probably put Aspinall vs Pereira as the headliner on this card since they know this fight won't sell. 304 is going to be ok. Good for Belal though it's about time.
Poatan is not getting Aspinall.

It's the right title fight to make on merit. But I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I'm hard pressed to name a non-WMMA title fight that's less appealing from an entertainment perspective than Leon vs. Belal. Is anyone actually excited to watch that?

"calling for a fight at heavyweight" was just him trying to turn around quick for 301 and skipping the weight cut before he found out his toe injury would keep him from turning around that quick. He wasn't calling to fight at heavyweight to insist that's where his next fight would be and not defending the LHW title. I'm sure most people here would agree that there's a 95%+ chance that his next fight is just another LHW title defense.

It's the right title fight to make on merit. But I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I'm hard pressed to name a non-WMMA title fight that's less appealing from an entertainment perspective than Leon vs. Belal. Is anyone actually excited to watch that?

The first fight was exciting while it lasted before it was called off. Keep in mind Belal took that fight on pretty short notice and has definitely leveled up since then.

"Ready for it now"..... what's "now" mean to you? Pereira walked back that he'd be willing to fight on 301 after he had his toe injury.

301... not happening.
302... Makhachev vs Poirier... not happening.
303... McGregor vs Chandler.... not happening.

So now we're looking at July. Neither Pereira or Ankalaev are rushing to start a camp "now".

I just want to say that it's hilarious how Belal is so boring this thread is now about Alex.

Let’s all hope Leon lands a head kick KO in the first round so we can avoid 5 rounds of Belal leaning on the fence.
Leon's defensive wrestling has gotten so good, hard to imagine Belal being able to hold him against the cage when Usman nor Colby could do it.

I hope someone is filming Belal when they announce that it’s actually going to be Leon vs Shavkat instead so we can watch the exact moment that he lost his mind . No but seriously he deserves it

What if….
Belal wins a close decision and Leon gets an immediate rematch.

Last edited:
Back