News Leon Edwards Head Coach Confirms Leon WILL Be On UFC 304 "99.9% Chance Vs Belal Muhammad"

His toe injury must not be too bad since he fought with it. I don't think he broke it. No probably not 301, 302, or 303 so that's why I said 304. He's called for the Aspinall fight.

He did break it. Just because he didn't pull out of a fight doesn't mean he would schedule a fight with a broken toe.

What if….
Belal wins a close decision and Leon gets and immediate rematch.
No way they give Leon a rematch.

He isn't the most exciting fighter either in the cage or on the mic and he isn't one of Dana's guys.

If he loses he's getting the Aljo treatment. Just as Belal will if he wins when he loses the belt.

Controversial DEC win for Edwards in the UK

Place ur bets gents
No home cooking judging required. Edwards by Decision.

And it’s about fucking time, too. No controversy, and may the better fighter win. I’ve literally been saying for months that Belal is next. I didn’t really see an out for the UFC when Dana told the whole world that the winner of Belal/Burns is next.. After Colby.

I’m not a lawyer, and don’t live in Nevada. But I see an ironclad verbal contract between the UFC, and Belal.

At a pre-fight news conference Thursday, White announced the winner of the UFC 288 co-main event between Gilbert Burns and Belal Muhammad will be next in line for a welterweight title shot.

“One hundred percent … yes, the guy who wins this fight will get the next shot (after Covington),” White said.

He did break it. Just because he didn't pull out of a fight doesn't mean he would schedule a fight with a broken toe.
He said he didn't like the Abu Dhabi date and wants to fight sooner than that. Sounds to me like he does want to schedule a fight.

“I don’t want to fight at the end of the year.” Pereira told Guilherme Cruz of MMAFighting. “I want to fight sooner, so maybe that shows he won’t be ready. I don’t know why he said that.”

I know I'm in the minority but I seriously hope Belal wins, and I can see him pulling it off as well. Will be hard though.

Shertards reactions alone would make this hilarious.

Either way, I'm glad Leons team is finally done with their bullshit. Talking about wanting to fight Gilbert after Belal beat him.

Nah, I don’t think so. Just spitballing but a card like this will do fine, especially when it’s one catered to a local audience. It’s better than 301.

Edwards vs. Muhammad
Aspinall vs. Blaydes
Green vs. Pimblett
MVP vs. Thompson
Allen vs. Emmett
This would be a very solid card imo. MVP seemed uninterested in the Thompson fight though and tbh, I see why. I'd like for him to reach a bit higher but him being on that card is a no-brainer, so if it has to be WB, I guess it will be.

He said he didn't like the Abu Dhabi date and wants to fight sooner than that. Sounds to me like he does want to schedule a fight.

“I don’t want to fight at the end of the year.” Pereira told Guilherme Cruz of MMAFighting. “I want to fight sooner, so maybe that shows he won’t be ready. I don’t know why he said that.”

It's only April. Have you broken a finger or toe before? Doesn't take that long to recover from.

It's only April. Have you broken a finger or toe before? Doesn't take that long to recover from.
Dude all I'm saying is Pereira wants a fight and 304 makes all the sense in the world. If Alex wins, great. If Aspinall wins, great. If Alex loses, no big deal. It's a win/win all around for the UFC.

We know they offered Gane the fight so obviously Blaydes isn't their first option. I'm just speculating.

Dude all I'm saying is Pereira wants a fight and 304 makes all the sense in the world. If Alex wins, great. If Aspinall wins, great. If Alex loses, no big deal. It's a win/win all around for the UFC.

We know they offered Gane the fight so obviously Blaydes isn't their first option. I'm just speculating.

Alex has a contender in his own division to deal with.

Who isn't ready to go and Alex wants to fight. If you're the UFC who do you cater to, Alex or Magomed?

Who said he isn't ready? Ank just threw the idea out there, he's not the one who's going to schedule the fight.

Who said he isn't ready? Ank just threw the idea out there, he's not the one who's going to schedule the fight.
And Alex threw the idea out there he wants to fight a heavyweight. I don't think it's highly likely Alex and Aspinall will fight but it does make sense and it would be a huge headliner for 304.

Who isn't ready to go and Alex wants to fight. If you're the UFC who do you cater to, Alex or Magomed?

Alex & Magomed aren't even on the same page as far as the date, stop taking their little back and forth so seriously. It's more of a misunderstanding than anything. They literally don't even speak the same language lol.

Alex & Magomed aren't even on the same page as far as the date, stop taking their little back and forth so seriously. It's more of a misunderstanding than anything. They literally don't even speak the same language lol.
So do you expect to see them fight on 306 at the Sphere if Alex doesn't want the Abu Dhabi date?

Lol @ you guys seriously thinking UFC is going to book that fight. It's a UFC card in the UK, they are going to sell tons of tickets no matter who is on the card. Aspinall/Blaydes 2 & Edwards/Muhammad 2 are perfectly good main/co-main fights to headline a PPV over there.
I agree. Ppl need to stop setting the bar so high lol

Back