Leon Edwards will become Champion

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Been watching his past few fights and been impressed with how smart of a fighter he is. He has very good striking, fantastic clinch work and those elbows he sneaks in close up are some of the best in UFC. Its reasonable to suspect that Leon has improved even more during all this time off as well. Leon also has been claiming that hes improved his skillset during this time off. For tonights fight I think he is gonna destroy Belal, it’s going to look like a mismatch.

I think Leon will eventually become champion. He is obviously not gonna be knocking out guys like Usman or Colby but I think he is technically good enough and smart fighter to get decision wins against them.

Discuss.
leon-edwards-ufc.jpg

I think he can beat Colby and Burns but he will never gonna beat Usman

I don’t see it. He doesn’t have a single elite caliber win on his resume.

His performances are also lackluster decisions against washed up LW’s like Cerrone, RDA, Gunnar, etc.

I think the UFC is just getting behind Leon by default of a thin British talent pool.

How does people keep forgetting Usman easily beat him already? Yeah Leon Scott has improved since then but so has Usman.
Marty beats him 10/10 times.

18-3 and hasnt lost since 2015 loss to Usman. Sure Usman has improved alot but so has Leon. I think Leon has enough ability to get back up from the takedowns and no way Usman clinches up with him. Its risky because Usman can get caught coming in, especially with those hard elbows Leon throws up close.

Not saying it would he some crazy dominant thing but I can see Leon getting a decision against Usman

Leons best win is a washed up RDA. He loses to Colby, Burns , Wonderboy.

How does people keep forgetting Usman easily beat him already? Yeah Leon Scott has improved since then but so has Usman.
I think Usman is a special fighter. I agree he is a level above Leon

I don’t see it. He doesn’t have a single elite caliber win on his resume.

His performances are also lackluster decisions against washed up LW’s like Cerrone, RDA, Gunnar, etc.

I think the UFC is just getting behind Leon by default of a thin British talent pool.

To be fair welterweight has alot of divas so its not Leons fault he doesnt have wins against some of those top guys. They been ducking him. Really what’s missing from his career is more finishes as you say he does have alot of decisions in UFC

To be a lot of people were saying the same thing about Poirier and Conor. They fought in 2015.

I honestly think that Edwards drops too many rounds to be a dominant force but he is really good. There is a reason Journeyman Masvidal is ducking him.

His resume is strong, but I'm always skeptical of striking-based decision fighters. His wrestling might fail him against the very elite and he probably wouldn't have the striking offense/power to turn the fight around.

Fight was 5 years ago.
And neither fighter has lost since. RDA had already lost to Colby when he fought Usman and was 1-2 when he fought Leon, never mind him being in the wrong division.

Back