Leon gave us the greatest moment in MMA history

What's better? Seriously, show me. Guy was hated on by everyone, had so much layoff time because of fight fallouts, covid, and got played by a typical sucker punch from Maz. Became a meme, even though he was on a massive W streak, came back in the dire moments of a fight, and showed what he was made of. Then cemented it with a dominant W against Usman again.

Guy is called Rocky, and actually gave us the best Rocky moment which has motivated so many people to tears, and his corner showed what a true support system is suppose to do. It was fucking legendary in every way.
Maybe not in the same category but I find Fedor subbing Randleman after the Randleplex the most insane comeback / sequence in history. But it wasn't as dramatic for sure.

Hendo KO may be in the top50.... Leon and usman finish is 10x better and more relevant.
no way. the hendo ko is the closest thing you’ll find to consensus #1 best knockout of all time. indeed it’s hard to imagine what could make it better. perhaps if it were for a belt? but tbh, the fact that it happened on the main card of ufc 100 makes it way more significant than any run of the mill title fight. not to mention the drama from tuf, and people wanting to see bisping slept. that’s what makes it a great “moment” and not just a great ko.

really, this is a sport that is so filled with great “moments” that it’s hard to break through to meme immortality in 2023. we’ve seen it all at this point.

no way. the hendo ko is the closest thing you’ll find to consensus #1 best knockout of all time. indeed it’s hard to imagine what could make it better. perhaps if it were for a belt? but tbh, the fact that it happened on the main card of ufc 100 makes it way more significant than any run of the mill title fight. not to mention the drama from tuf, and people wanting to see bisping slept. that’s what makes it a great “moment” and not just a great ko.

really, this is a sport that is so filled with great “moments” that it’s hard to break through to meme immortality in 2023. we’ve seen it all at this point.
It's really not better.

The Leon comeback KO over the #1 ranked p4p fighter in the final minute is better. I don't think any mma affiliated site who made a list would rank the Hendo KO higher

I don't think any mma affiliated site who made a list would rank the Hendo KO higher
on the contrary, the hendo ko would not merely be higher, it would be #1 on every list.

Bruh, how has no one mentioned Silva vs Sonnen 1? Silva was getting swept on the scorecards and pulled off a Hail Mary.

I was shocked. It was instant karma for faking a low blow

Bruh, how has no one mentioned Silva vs Sonnen 1? Silva was getting swept on the scorecards and pulled off a Hail Mary.
Even though it was incredibly impressive, everyone expected Silva to win. People wrote Leon off for the most part.

saku gave us the greatest mma moment, not leon.

NZ6ctzH.gif

What's better? I'm still waiting for a poster to say what's better.
Not even top 50? Are you serious?

it’s definitely one of the best moments in the sport but the finish of Silva vs. Sonnen is bigger when considering legacy and how Sonnen was regarded by fans who really knew his career up to that point.

I'll admit to be a biased Shogun dickrider, but I think Rua vs Machida 2 is a comparable or better moment. Rua was being pushed as possibly the best LHW on the planet after his grand prix victory and looked it during his Pride run. After coming to the UFC he hit a major rough patch, losing his debut and looking like shit doing it. He came back from that to put on a masterful performance a couple years later against Machida in the first fight despite losing an extremely controversial decision. He's granted a rematch and puts Machid's lights out in round, taking the belt and ending the "Machida Era." Of course what happened after their respective wins was better for Leon than Shogun, but as a moment of MMA history I rate Shogun's slightly higher.

this is also a good answer. I agree but I’m very biased towards shogun

i thought it was an amazing ko, and great moment. but “the greatest moment in mma history?” cmon man. top 100 perhaps, but doubt it’s even top 50.

but yeah, all respect to leon edwards. he’s the man.
I am not arguing....but could you remind us of some other moments to look on YT
please...

One of the greatest moments. Also, if Edwards could defend against a couple of these young killers he starts to climb the ranks of all-time great WWs.

Even though it was incredibly impressive, everyone expected Silva to win. People wrote Leon off for the most part.
Bingo. How can people not see that obvious fact. Clearly a bigger deal when the big underdog does it, rather than the locked on favourite

Bizarre to try and argue otherwise

it’s definitely one of the best moments in the sport but the finish of Silva vs. Sonnen is bigger when considering legacy and how Sonnen was regarded by fans who really knew his career up to that point.
This is such a weird take its untrue.

Hey, remember when that guy who was expected to win easily won?

It's a great moment no doubt. But an underdog pulling victory from the jaws of certain defeat is always more compelling than a dominant champion and pre fight locked in favourite doing the same.

I was seconds away from shutting my laptop and going back to playing games before it happened. Don't think it was the greatest moment but that's going to be different for everyone who's a fan of MMA because honestly there's been so many great moments. Kongo vs Pat Barry I think is up there. Tim vs Yushin Okami was amazing. One of if not the first time I saw someone say fuck it in the third round and throw caution to the wind and win a fight.

Back