• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Let's be honest about Jon Jones and this suspension...

Jon Jones is not the GOAT.

GSP is.

The Jon Jones brand is too big to fail, USADA knows this. He will overcome adversity once again with the help of God.

I'm not sure the Jones brand is as big as us hardcore fans think it is. Not to the casual fan anyway.

I think in fact that a lot of casual fans (that UFC always seem so keen to please) have largely forgot about Jones. Not saying that is deserved, but I would suspect that's at least partly the case.

It's hard to say not being a casual fan, but I judge the mood of casual fans when I'm at work and I overhear embarassing MMA-related discussions at the water cooler. They're all talking about Mayweather-McGregor and a little bit on DC-Stipe. JBJ hasn't been mentioned in weeks.

Not 4 years no.. I think 2 with time served so he could fight in July 2019 is possible, if not likely.. Maybe his lawyers can pull something off here, and he is back this summer. Seems unlikely though.. Trouble is he has 2 failed tests in a row..

I honestly don't see Jones fighting again, regardless of the decision.

He should be jailed and the key thrown away

Bit over dramatic considering all the rapists and murderers out there

0% chance he gets cleared. A reduced sentence perhaps.

#freejonjones

That's what I was thinking. Wrist slap incoming...

The hammer should drop with USADA...
Usada just runs the test, its up to the ACs to implement and determine the punishment. Anything less than 2 years will be a slap to the face of the sport.

I honestly can’t believe it’s being discussed that Jon Jones might actually get off on this shit. It’s like seriously, how many fucking breaks do you give a guy. What kind of fucking clown show is this?
oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

I will fully accept it. why the hell not ive done it a few times now

I’d accept it but be a little bitter as I’m paying my 55 CAD hoping he doesn’t f up again

Nope I'll be stoked. Gonna be awesome to see how he fucks up again. We need to start a pool

He won't be cleared, he will serve his suspension. USADA works for the UFC, so really they aren't all that impartial ... especially when it comes to giant stars. That is why Novitsky is saying this nonsense shit he has no evidence of. This myth that he tested clean, dirty, then clean needs to die as well. He passed his urine tests, and failed his blood test ... which coincidentally was a new test they just developed for that specific reason. Jon's dirty, everyone knows it. He will fight again, he will never be 'cleared'.

I actually don't care what happens to JBJ now. Whether he gets cleared or sentenced to death.

The guy has proved all he needs to prove and cemented his position as the greatest Light Heavyweight fighter in MMA history.

Couldn't care less if he ever fights again.

Honestly I hope he gets off by year's end. I just wanna see him fight clean like he did vs the short-notice & broken-arm version of OSP who had just been murk'd by Glover prior to the Jones fight, & annihilated by Manuwa shortly after.

OR, he will come back and get popped again and it will be hilarious. If I'm DC, Stipe, Gust I don't sign to fight Jon unless he agrees to daily drug testing.

I've long accepted rich and powerful play by different rules. I'm not a naive child. Same reason while I think Conor shoulda been made to defend or strip it didnt really upset me. It is what it is as Max would say lol.

DC is also better than Jones. If he was roided the fuck up too he would wreck that skinny fuck.

Unfortunately we will never know for sure, but the history books will always maintain that JBJ was the better fighter

p.s. I agree with the history books

No. They will give him whatever the minimum is, and consider the time since his last fight as part of it. Meaning he will only have a number of months to serve left before he fights again...and they probably won't test him much in the meantime.

Back