Lets get something straight

Big difference was Makhachev was in better shape and had more than 12hrs to rehydrate. Volkanovski by all accounts is a professional, from his own mouth he has said he’s always shape, always training.

Makhachev will never get his dues no matter what he does, Volkanovski stepped up and had confidence in himself winning this fight, Makhachev just showed who was the better fighter even if Volkanovski had training camp, given the location and the amount of time to rehydrate I think Makhachev still would have won albeit later in the fight in the 3rd.

Bro...he just had surgery and took a fight on 11 days notice..

Theres no doubt in my mind full camp Volk performs better agaisnt any version of Islam..

Having belief in yourself is great but it's not gunna make up for 11 days notice after having surgery and no training camp..

Islam demolished him as he should of given the circumstances...

Khamzat hasn't made WW in 1.5 years
Im not defending the guy while it might look like it, he has only fought twice in that period and only one was officially at MW.

PS: People love to mention Burns being a LW, Chimaev used to be a WW.

Last edited:
100% OP. Usman's stock rises the most with this "loss." IMO he won rounds 2 & 3 100%. it's either a draw or a victory for Usman. Another thing the islam fight exposed, was the level of understanding on the MMA fanbase as a whole. when you parade around acting like islam beat the same volk, you're a moron. you're disingenuous, a liar, and know nothing about the MMA game.

Big difference was Makhachev was in better shape and had more than 12hrs to rehydrate. Volkanovski by all accounts is a professional, from his own mouth he has said he’s always shape, always training.

Makhachev will never get his dues no matter what he does, Volkanovski stepped up and had confidence in himself winning this fight, Makhachev just showed who was the better fighter even if Volkanovski had training camp, given the location and the amount of time to rehydrate I think Makhachev still would have won albeit later in the fight in the 3rd.
which is why he should have taken the short notice against gamrot. at least then he could have actually defended against a ranked LW, who had time to prepare. this is all on islams camp, the UFC, and it was intentional. to set up the 2-0 against volk, shut up volk, and never give him a chance to a proper rematch. forever closing that down. and pretending like this was a legitimate win, when only ONE GUY was able to train for the fight. a total joke and you see how these dagestanis roll now. they dont want to hear excuses, because to them, the truth = excuses. total morons.

Bro...he just had surgery and took a fight on 11 days notice..

Theres no doubt in my mind full camp Volk performs better agaisnt any version of Islam..

Having belief in yourself is great but it's not gunna make up for 11 days notice after having surgery and no training camp..

Islam demolished him as he should of given the circumstances...
Bro, have some context next time when you mention surgery. Alexander Volkanovski was a arthroscopic surgery on his elbow to get rid of some chipped bone or spurs. A minor surgery and is 100% turn around in a little over a month of recovery. You’re making it like he had ACL,MCL surgery or a broken appendage. Surgery was July 17/18. He was literally back in the gym training August 2nd. Granted he wasn’t going a full hundred

He even put himself as potential opponent for this recent Abu Dhabi card when they still didn’t have a opponent
https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2023...undergoes-arm-surgery-gets-six-weeks-of-rehab

Volkanovski is a champion for a reason, he takes training and being in shape seriously, unlike other fighters who get out of shape and over indulge.

Volkanovski was in shape, like he always is ever since he started taking his career serious. The “surgery” you speak of was nothing and he was In beginning stages of training camp for Topuria.

It wasn’t a foregone conclusion Makhachev was going to demolish Volkanovski, Volkanovski isn’t just some random fighter, he’s arguably the best fighter on planet. Volkanovski isn’t a Chad Mendes who was out hunting, A Nate Diaz who was on vacation. Volkanovski was recovered from his surgery over a month ago and was training.

Only thing this short notice bout hindered Volkanovski was more time to watch film, fine tune techniques that he used to have success in the first fight and really be peaking after 3 month training camp. Other than that he was in shape.

Even if Volkanovski had a full training camp, I still think he would’ve lost to Makhachev. The excuses then would be Volkanovski is out of his prime & a small 145lbers. Makhachev would still not be getting his dues for beating Volkanovski.

So you mean two guys fought eachother in two different fights?

So because two elite fighters came in on short notice, and moving up in weight.

We should expect both of those fights to play out the same way? That is what you’re saying, right?

Paolo's brain has been deteriorating into sludge for some time now. Not worth engaging with debate.

"Two guys moved up in weight. They're virtually identical!!!"

which is why he should have taken the short notice against gamrot. at least then he could have actually defended against a ranked LW, who had time to prepare. this is all on islams camp, the UFC, and it was intentional. to set up the 2-0 against volk, shut up volk, and never give him a chance to a proper rematch. forever closing that down. and pretending like this was a legitimate win, when only ONE GUY was able to train for the fight. a total joke and you see how these dagestanis roll now. they dont want to hear excuses, because to them, the truth = excuses. total morons.
Stop it, this was all on the UFC, Makhachev clearly said he’ll fight anyone, the UFC is the one who chose Volkanovski as the opponent.

Even if Gamrot was the official opponent & Makhachev would’ve won, everyone on here would still be hating on him like how they’re now. Makhachev can do no right at this point in the eyes of people who dislike him. Gaethje is most likely his next opponent, people will say he’s ducking Oliveira or vice versa.
Volkanovski already had his chance with a full training camp, fighting in his home, he lost in a close contested fight that honestly could’ve gone either way. Volkanovski was not obligated a title shot again at 155, we have Gaethje, Oliveiras, Dariush, Poiriers, Chandlers, Gamrots, Armand’s who are clawing at a chance against the champion. A rematch with Makhachev vs Volkanovski would’ve occurred over a year from now & most likely Volkanovski would’ve had to win a contender bout at LW to get a chance at the title, if Volkanovski were to lose then you best believe the out of prime & small 145lber excuses would’ve been rampant.

This was Volkanovskis, I believe only chance at rematch without having to fight a contender to get it.

Stop it, this was all on the UFC, Makhachev clearly said he’ll fight anyone, the UFC is the one who chose Volkanovski as the opponent.

Even if Gamrot was the official opponent & Makhachev would’ve won, everyone on here would still be hating on him like how they’re now. Makhachev can do no right at this point in the eyes of people who dislike him. Gaethje is most likely his next opponent, people will say he’s ducking Oliveira or vice versa.
Volkanovski already had his chance with a full training camp, fighting in his home, he lost in a close contested fight that honestly could’ve gone either way. Volkanovski was not obligated a title shot again at 155, we have Gaethje, Oliveiras, Dariush, Poiriers, Chandlers, Gamrots, Armand’s who are clawing at a chance against the champion. A rematch with Makhachev vs Volkanovski would’ve occurred over a year from now & most likely Volkanovski would’ve had to win a contender bout at LW to get a chance at the title, if Volkanovski were to lose then you best believe the out of prime & small 145lber excuses would’ve been rampant.

This was Volkanovskis, I believe only chance at rematch without having to fight a contender to get it.
disagree with everything you wrote. islam has the final say on opponent 100%. and this is a calculated move. to give islam the perception of "the new khabib," the new "goat." if gamrot was the opponent, that woudl have been a far better match. gamrot at least was training, waiting in the wings, way more so than islam. gamrot is a ranked LW fighter. gamrot fights in the LW division. gamrot was already promised as the back up fighter. it makes way more sense 100%. the problem is, what you dont see, is that gamrot doesnt sell. gamrot is more dangerous at this stage then off the couch volk. gamrot can create a potential problem, where is volk sells, volks name is bigger, volks name is more appeasing to the sultan stakeholders, volks name gives islam the chance to forever cement the 2-0, and forever shut down talk of another chance. volk is not obligated to a shot, except for this one right? makes no sense. all volk needed to do was wait, beat topuria, and then get a proper rematch. but thats problematic. a full fight camp volk is a much much different fight. its an actual proper rematch. where more than ONE GUY was able to train for the fight. LOL. this was not volks only chance, this was his worst possible chance, and the UFC paid him big bucks, probably told him you can do it bro, and he took it, and islam said yes. gamrot makes infinite more sense, but in the end, he doesnt sell. and abu dabi didnt want to see that. they want to see islam exulted, beat volk definivetely, and they got it. and then moron fans think it was a legitimate rematch, completely ignoring that it was a short notice fight. garbage.

Exactly how islam beat volk is exactly how these 11-day notice fights should have went down. The fact that KHamzat went three rounds with Usman is a disgrace and proves that the dude isn't what everyone thinks he is . Islam dispatched his opponent under 2 minutes a guy who he previously went five rounds with that shows you how these fights should have went...

Khamzat arguably gave up rounds to his opponent and got his most favorable position in the first round and did nothing with it lol.

If i was his coach i would be disappointed my fighter couldn't best someone who didnt even have a camp and was fighting in a division he never has before..

Say what you want but this fight did more for Usman then it'll ever do for Khamzat hahahaha ..

Still the biggest unknown/unproven fighter in the game and if he actually fights for the MW title thats just pure retardation after tonight's fight... You don't go out and win a majority decision over a WW moving up on 11 days notice and get a title shot ahhahahaha...

I expect Dana and Co to change their opinion on the Strickland Match up this coming week..

Something like...
" Well look khamzat hurt his wrist so hes out were gunna go with Strickland VS DDP and were gunna rebook Costa vs Khamzat, it's what the people want... it's what we're doing..thats whats next"

Ahhaha
Usman was ragdolled and almost out in the first round. Let’s be honest it wasn’t short notice, hr was clearly preparing for a fight and in great shape

The first round was a 10-8, he made a dominant former champ in Usman look like a can. Usman last fought in feb and was preparing for a fight in December.

That was as much a 10-8 as Grasso's was lol.

Usman was in no danger and took no damage agaisnt a full camp Khamzat at MW over 3 rounds ...lol...

Usman maybe was beginning a camp but he was by no means prepared for a fight at 185 lmfao ..ur lack of understanding is showing...

Usman remained calm and got through the round just like an experienced fighter should.. even smashed Khamzat's face into the mat almost broke his nose hahah

Exactly how islam beat volk is exactly how these 11-day notice fights should have went down. The fact that KHamzat went three rounds with Usman is a disgrace and proves that the dude isn't what everyone thinks he is . Islam dispatched his opponent under 2 minutes a guy who he previously went five rounds with that shows you how these fights should have went...

Khamzat arguably gave up rounds to his opponent and got his most favorable position in the first round and did nothing with it lol.

If i was his coach i would be disappointed my fighter couldn't best someone who didnt even have a camp and was fighting in a division he never has before..

Say what you want but this fight did more for Usman then it'll ever do for Khamzat hahahaha ..

Still the biggest unknown/unproven fighter in the game and if he actually fights for the MW title thats just pure retardation after tonight's fight... You don't go out and win a majority decision over a WW moving up on 11 days notice and get a title shot ahhahahaha...

I expect Dana and Co to change their opinion on the Strickland Match up this coming week..

Something like...
" Well look khamzat hurt his wrist so hes out were gunna go with Strickland VS DDP and were gunna rebook Costa vs Khamzat, it's what the people want... it's what we're doing..thats whats next"

Ahhaha
I think Bo Nickal still hasn’t been tested or proven himself, but I think Bo would give him problems just based on what I’ve seen of khamzat so far.

i also think Colby would make things very competitive at 170lbs, but Colby is soon to be 36 and who knows how he’ll look vs Leon who looks to be in Prime Form as of Late.

Idk, maybe I’ll eat Crow one day about Khamzat, but I too, am not impressed. Yeah, he is a great wrestler. He dominated one of the best defensive & offensive wrestlers in Modern MMA, in the first Round, but it was like he had his adrenaline dump, so he resorted into just wrestling just to obtain points.. not to really prove he’s the baddest SOB like he claims.

He is a funny guy, is an exciting character, and I love his Charisma, but it’s like there’s an “*” next to his name as of now, because he once struggled with a Guy that Usman literally dominated lol

Didn’t read the OP; Khamzat is the future GOAT and triple champ; would beat any WW, MW and LHW in MMA history.

Usman is known for his conditioning and was jacked. Volk was flabby.

That was as much a 10-8 as Grasso's was lol.

Usman was in no danger and took no damage agaisnt a full camp Khamzat at MW over 3 rounds ...lol...

Usman maybe was beginning a camp but he was by no means prepared for a fight at 185 lmfao ..ur lack of understanding is showing...

Usman remained calm and got through the round just like an experienced fighter should.. even smashed Khamzat's face into the mat almost broke his nose hahah
Usman was in danger the entire first round and almost caught in a RNC. When did Usman smash khamzats face into the mat? Look at Usmans face after the fight, he was the only one who was smashed.

disagree with everything you wrote. islam has the final say on opponent 100%. and this is a calculated move. to give islam the perception of "the new khabib," the new "goat." if gamrot was the opponent, that woudl have been a far better match. gamrot at least was training, waiting in the wings, way more so than islam. gamrot is a ranked LW fighter. gamrot fights in the LW division. gamrot was already promised as the back up fighter. it makes way more sense 100%. the problem is, what you dont see, is that gamrot doesnt sell. gamrot is more dangerous at this stage then off the couch volk. gamrot can create a potential problem, where is volk sells, volks name is bigger, volks name is more appeasing to the sultan stakeholders, volks name gives islam the chance to forever cement the 2-0, and forever shut down talk of another chance. volk is not obligated to a shot, except for this one right? makes no sense. all volk needed to do was wait, beat topuria, and then get a proper rematch. but thats problematic. a full fight camp volk is a much much different fight. its an actual proper rematch. where more than ONE GUY was able to train for the fight. LOL. this was not volks only chance, this was his worst possible chance, and the UFC paid him big bucks, probably told him you can do it bro, and he took it, and islam said yes. gamrot makes infinite more sense, but in the end, he doesnt sell. and abu dabi didnt want to see that. they want to see islam exulted, beat volk definivetely, and they got it. and then moron fans think it was a legitimate rematch, completely ignoring that it was a short notice fight. garbage.
It’s okay to disagree, it is your opinion just like how my post was mine.

I just don’t think Volkanovski getting a title shot at 155lbs after the Topuria bout was written in stone, a lot can happen in a year. We have Olivier & Gaethje waiting at helm, Gamrots and Armand’s. Hell I wouldn’t put it pass the UFC for even matching Makhachev vs Mcgregor.

I just think Volkanovski made the right decision, sure he lost but again he still is in the same position he is now as he was before. He took a risk and it didn’t pan out. I believe he will have to fight a contender bout 155 to get that shot at champion again even he didn’t take this short notice bout.

Either way I think Volkanovski would’ve lost, full camp or not. This fight lasted less than a round, Volkanovski was already fighting like like the first fight, he stuffed a takedown attempt, reversed and fought in the clinch with success, difference was Makhachev has really underrated striking and he never gets his dues for it because t haters love to post the gif of him getting knocked out, so everyone think’s his striking sucks.

This fight was too short to see if Volkanovski was in shape or not, but by all accounts Volkanovski is always in shape, difference he didn’t have camp dedicated for Makhachev, but saying Volkanovski wasn’t training in for a fight is kinda misinformation, he was already training for Topuria granted it was only the early stages but Volkanovski has never shown to not be in shape outside of camp.

Usman got ragdolled in 1st.

Khamzat had his adrenaline dump and was probably feeling that fractured wrist pretty good in 2nd and 3rd.

It's not like Usman was putting on an equal clinic that Khamzat did in the 1st.

The only thing that could have hurt Khamzat's wrist was Usman slamming him on his head in the back exchange. Usman most likely also caused the wrist damage.

If not Khamzat hurt his own wrist( which he had no issues using throughout the fight) by punching Usman and causing no damage.

Khamzat squeeked by another ranked win and made up an instant excuse for struggling in 2,3.

It's MMA not wrestling. Khmazat didn;t cause any fight ending offence and won on control time only. The 1st round he deserved it, the 3rd he lost by getting out struck nearly 2-1 and landing no offence on the ground.

Usman was in danger the entire first round and almost caught in a RNC. When did Usman smash khamzats face into the mat? Look at Usmans face after the fight, he was the only one who was smashed.

The chokes were never close man what r u talking about...

U have Conor as ur fucking A.V i dunno why im even responding to you lol ..

When Khamzat was looking for chokes on Usmans back when they were standing..Usman face planted khamzat hard lol

upload_2023-10-22_1-36-50.png

Usman looks fine lmfao what r u talking about..

Back