Let's have a serious talk about the idea that "Conor is set for life".

Plenty of people have negotiated and worked for more money then Conor and gone broke. With how Conor seems to be spiralling out of control more and more laity, it would be stupid to say he is for sure not going broke. His brand and ways of making money is tied into fighting. After he stops fighting the big pay days will stop and Proper 12 will stop selling (like EVERY celebrity endorsed alcohol does). The guy is obsessed with being MMA's Floyd, and you really think he will stop being able to spend the way he does?

Plus his obvious coke problem isn't going to help

You have zero idea how much money the dude spends, you see his social media accounts which I can guarantee that almost anything money related posted is comped to him for exposure. He spends a lot less than most of you think, he has barely fought in the past three years and his brand is fine. He doesn't need the UFC or fighting to be set for life.

I imagine the trade from proper 12 is doing him quite well, the company I work for owns 15 bars and restaurants, and due to the insane demand we can’t get it in any of of our venues and we’ve been trying every week since before the Khabib fight, I imagine he’s pulling close to a million a week off that alone.

How to be a rich athlete and go broke-

1. Get married at your peak earnings, have kids, then get divorced when earnings go down.
2. Invest in bad businesses, typically run by family, friends or hangers on
3. Party hard wasting money at overpriced clubs and drugs
4. Buy stupid things that go down instantly in value like cars, boats(bust out another thousand) and clothes
5. Buy family members homes and cars.
6. Buy yourself homes/property that requires a ton of maintenance and upkeep with high property tax bills.

*Conor has a few of these covered. Plenty of NFL guys only have #1-2 and go broke because their spousal/child support is so high and cousin Mike's restaurant predictably didn't work.
This

Mike Tyson earned over $300 Million and went broke...

$300 Million back then is worth a lot more than the $100 mil Conor is worth today... but he seem to have bigger spending habits than Tyson.

So much caring about another dudes money, its almost as if the fights are a secondary concern for some of you guys.
thank you for saying what i was thinking , English is my second language so i cant elaborate my thoughts <45>

The ongoing investigation in Dublin is the ticking bomb. If it goes off Conor McGregor is finished.

Not one single person on Sherdog has any idea what his, or any other fighters finances look like.

So, if we're having a serious discussion, you all don't know jack shit and all you can do is speculate.

giphy.gif
This proves nothing, we all knew Tito hits harder.

I don't believe that for one second.

I've seen to many athletes who made a fuck ton of money go broke.

I imagine the trade from proper 12 is doing him quite well, the company I work for owns 15 bars and restaurants, and due to the insane demand we can’t get it in any of of our venues and we’ve been trying every week since before the Khabib fight, I imagine he’s pulling close to a million a week off that alone.

is this in Ireland ?

Ur broke ass has literally no idea what ur talking about imo

Conor’s business sense put him in the position to go from welfare to multi-millionaire in a few years. It will prevent him from growing broke.

You know ALOT of pro atheletes who made MILLIONS are broke right?

Plus he has to pay taxes which probably account for half of what he made.

He could lose most of it fighting a rape case, and a lawsuit in no time. If they have videos, and can prove she was forced etc he could get reamed bad. I agree proper 12 will die off. It is a fad. I dont see him as an actor. The retirement crap 8s not going to last.. No way. He had just said he wanted to fight in July.. Now like 1 day later.. Its oh I retire... Wait until we see conor vs gps by the end of summer or some shit....

Dude! What about the Reebok compliance pay?

If he doesn't fuck up, or if the market doesn't crash, he's set for life.

Anyone with around $50 million could invest in index funds and live off a few percent of the returns that they return.

But anyone that has a lot of money invested in businesses might lose it if there's a big stock market crash or something. And even if you're still rich, you might feel an urge to make a comeback just to get that money back.

He is set for life if he doesn't blow it all. It is quite easy to blow tens of millions but it's also possible to live very very well

He earnt a solid 40 million net from the Mayweather fight, probably 10 million plus from UFC (conservatively).

He has made quick money with his whiskey, no it won't last, but it doesn't matter, make a few million quick, disolve/sell the company in a few years

Agree and he seems to make some decisions well and others not so well, I believe he leases most of the cars he drives rather than purchases them though at the same time flies an entourage around and covers them. Most forget about taxes being paid in both USA and Ireland for anything earned in the US as he is still a tax resident of Ireland. From an observer's point of view he seems to live a lavish lifestyle with a few hangers on which doesn't bode well.

His whiskey brand while popular for now isn't getting rave reviews for quality as is priced higher than similar standards. Once he is out of the spotlight more there will be less people drinking the whiskey as many do just to be associated with Conor in some way.

There haven't been too many sports stars that have made it big, parties like he does with all the drama that goes with it and stays married. He knew Dee prior to making all that money so will likely lose a large portion in any divorce. I would expect to see him back fighting soon, there isn't much else to him unfortunately without him being Conor the Mixed Martial Artist.

I hope for his sake he finds a good gym, works on weaknesses and comes back with improvements and the killer instinct again. MMA fans I believe are better off whether they hate him or not when he is on a card, hungry and fighting.

how can person not be able to live off $40 million? Even if you buy a house for $5 million, you have $35 million left. Keep 1 or 2 million dollars for a rainy day and put the rest into safe investments that give you a yearly salary. Even if he only earned 2% a year on his $33 million portfolio, he would have $2 million to toy with and an income of $660, 000 a year. Even if he invested half the hypothetical $33 million in proper 12 and it all went down the drain, he would still have $2 million cash and an income of $330,000 a year at a 2% return. That's not even accounting for ufc fights and sponsorships.

Back