Let's hear it

Fedor vs Josh Barnett : i thought Barnett had a real shot at Fedor, not saying he would have win but his skillset matches well. After all, Fedor lost to a big submission guy in Werdum (i know they are nothing alike besides that don't reply).
I stopped denying that Pride was a walking cadaver when Josh refused to fight for the belt in Shockwave 2006, talking about sime minor injury (That didn't stop him to take Natusla in 32 and Nog in SW) when the obvious reason was he couldn't be bothered taking a moonshot at this point. While very cynicallly stating that he was up for a one last cash grab with a lesser opponent BTW. After seen Cro Cop outwrestling Josh, no one gave him much of a chance anyways.

The fight that never happened that I wish it would is Hickson aganist anyone that wasn't competely clueless or a 168 lb Shooto division B fighter. (Note for noobs, there are (or at least was) actual divisions in Shooto, is none of the "A level athlete" bullshit). Especially the guys he dissed while ducking him, like Kerr or Bass, even "weak ju juitsu" Nog.

A bit later Fabricio (That still lived in Madrid and fought under dual Spanish and Brazilan banners) told us in an Spanish forum that he was jumping ship to the UFC for three times de money Sakakibara was offering him for renewing it's contract, and everyone that wan't bind understood that the party was over.

The fight in Trilogy was more intriging but Headhunter Fedor was almost as Scary as Prime Fedor.

Last edited:
My drunk Dad vs prime Fedor. He said he’d KO him, and I believe it.

Going old school here. Still disappointed we never got to see shamrock vs tank.

Khabib vs Tony a few years ago.

Fedor vs Overeem

Severn vs Couture

Tony vs Khabib

Silva vs Jones
Khabib vs Tony 1,2,3,4 and 5
Fedor vs Barnett
Silva vs Chuck was about half a decade too late

GSP vs Anderson Silva. Still can happend they both out of their prime and free agents and I'd watch for sure
Personally I don’t get very excited for these “aged legends” matches. I’m glad that these guys can make some cash and scratch there competitive itch, in the twilight of their careers. But the thought of GSP/Andy at this point doesn’t mean much to me.

What were some of your dream fights that never materialized? These don't necessarily have to be a fight to determine who was the greatest or the best. However, they have to be fights that could have happened in terms of timeline so no prime vs prime unless both fighters' best years coincided. Here's my list:

Usman vs Whittaker (Right now at middleweight)
Whittaker vs Mousasi (In 2017)
Romero vs Johnson (Last year)
Stipe vs Jones (I would have loved to see Stipe fight Jones instead of Cormier after he defeated Ngannou in 2018)
Cain vs Fedor (In 2009 or 2010. Now I know many claim that Fedor's best years were behind him at this point but there's just something about these two that makes me want to know how the fight would have went down.)

Chandler vs Gaethje could have been another one but fortunately, it happened. Anyways, let's hear yours.

Lots of interesting match-ups.
If Fedor would have *only* fought 2010 Cain and beaten him, it would have shut up so many detractors.

Great question, although I don't think about it too much. One match that I was SUPER hyped for that was going to happen, but never did, was Wanderlei vs Vovchanchyn for Pride's final show.

P.S. LOL, I wonder how many "The only fight I want to see is DC vs Stipe" there were who had their total wet-dream come true.

McGregor vs Masvidal

It could still happen and would still be one of, if not the biggest fights ever.

But I just have a feeling it won't. And if they both keep losing, it'll lose some sting too.

I think it's already lost a ton of its potential shimmer already. Two years ago, I agree though. It would have been HUGE. And it still could be if they could string some wins together.

What were some of your dream fights that never materialized? These don't necessarily have to be a fight to determine who was the greatest or the best. However, they have to be fights that could have happened in terms of timeline so no prime vs prime unless both fighters' best years coincided. Here's my list:

Usman vs Whittaker (Right now at middleweight)
Whittaker vs Mousasi (In 2017)
Romero vs Johnson (Last year)
Stipe vs Jones (I would have loved to see Stipe fight Jones instead of Cormier after he defeated Ngannou in 2018)
Cain vs Fedor (In 2009 or 2010. Now I know many claim that Fedor's best years were behind him at this point but there's just something about these two that makes me want to know how the fight would have went down.)

Chandler vs Gaethje could have been another one but fortunately, it happened. Anyways, let's hear yours.

Well... first one for me is simple: Silva & GSP.
Both guys were at the top of their game for half a decade, cleaned their division thoroughly but never met. That was a travesty!

And if we are talking about amazing fights that the UFC fucked up for all of us, then Fedor & Randy has to be in this conversation.

Aldo & Pettis for the LW belt is yet another fight Dana prevented us from watching...

Luke Rockhold & Silva was (IMHO) the fight to make when Strikeforce folded. Champ against Champ. But the UFC royally fucked that up as well...

dang... I sound like a bitter UFC hater... and I am sorry it sounds that way, but those were definitely fights I wanted to see.

OK, Fedor & Barnett which Barnett fucked up by juicing and killing the promotion...
Fedor & Cain (Fedor Lesnar) just to watch casuals weep

Silva & Jon Jones.... though if we are dreaming, hopefully we would get Prime SIlva with that!

Maybe not a superfight like what you guys are suggesting, but if Poirier had won at 269, I would've loved to see Poirier/Gaethje 2. Both guys gave us a banger 2 years ago, and both improved tremendously since, especially Gaethje.

Bruce Lee VS Tyson

Conor VS Tyson

Godzilla VS Mike Bison

Brock VS Bison

Prime-Crocop VS Aljamain Sterling

Wanderson Silva VS Wanderlei Silva

Anderson Silva VS Wanderson Silva

Thiago Silva VS Wanderson Silva VS Anderson Silva VS Wanderlei Silva VS Antonio Silva (All Out Monster Attack)

Ken Shamrock VS Cody

Ubereem VS Gerard Gordeau

Uriah Faber VS Jay Leno (Battle of the chins)

Sokoudjou VS Prime Don Frye VS Yautja vs Patrick Côté

Lawler/GSP
Brock/Stipe
Romero/DC (at LHW)
Nate/Tony
Silva/Rockhold
Cub/Conor (at FW)

I wanted Brock vs Fedor. Just the build up would have been crazy. Oh well.

20131219085830_josh_barnett.JPG
20141225122355_IMG_1684.JPG

20141225114504_IMG_2102.JPG
20131121071548_profile.JPG

20131121071548_profile.JPG
20140820101831_IMG_2687.JPG

Bas vs Rickson would've been nuts.

Back