Lets talk fishing

I meant those exact mustad o-rings. They have an extra small o-ring attached to the main o-ring for putting the hook through. They work way better than the original single o-rings

I have had them in the past that came in a mystery tackle box. I just don’t know where I put them.

Did it again yesterday afternoon. 3 downtown browns in 3 consecutive weekends. Finally remembered to make some measurement markings on my trout net. This critter came in at 20"+ and probably 4 to 4.5lb. Not a bad effort at all.
20230218_165256.jpg20230218_165615.jpg

New set-up. Abu Garcia Vendetta rod (7 feet, med heavy-fast action) and a revo rocket 3000 reel. The rocket is supposed to be a very fast reel, so this will be a my cranking and buzzbait rod.2C754C2F-31F6-4B59-B2D7-C5BCE50D6E5C.jpeg

nice brownie. He looks pissed
Cheers. He definitely was a rambunctious fish. Couldn't get him to settle to get a good measurement, but he was definitely over 20". Typically by the time I unhook fish take a few photos, drop them a couple times - whatever - I have to nurse them in the net in the current/river flow before I'll let them swing into the flow and out. Not this one. He latched onto the rubber netting as soon as I put him in the water. After dicking around getting him to let go, he decided to shoot straight out of the net upstream. Plenty of spunk left in him. And after a sweet fight too. Big time breeding material. Hope plenty of offspring come from that fish.

Went out for the first time of the year today. Had to take advantage of 70 degree weather. Unfortunately, I didn’t catch anything, but it was nice to get out and try my new poles and kayak. Everything performed fantastic. The wind was really bad and I called it early because waves were cresting over the hull. Here’s Fenrir on top of the very difficult hill I have to drag up to get to this hidden gem of a lake. E27F14C5-6F40-4D7A-B80B-D79D169871A1.jpeg

D5CDEF64-1324-4319-8AEC-59E910724696.jpeg
Cheers. He definitely was a rambunctious fish. Couldn't get him to settle to get a good measurement, but he was definitely over 20". Typically by the time I unhook fish take a few photos, drop them a couple times - whatever - I have to nurse them in the net in the current/river flow before I'll let them swing into the flow and out. Not this one. He latched onto the rubber netting as soon as I put him in the water. After dicking around getting him to let go, he decided to shoot straight out of the net upstream. Plenty of spunk left in him. And after a sweet fight too. Big time breeding material. Hope plenty of offspring come from that fish.

I only have one good trout story. In 1997, I was fishing downstate WV in the mountains. I was using an ultralight pole with 4 lb test and throwing a Mepps Aglia 2(my go to back then). I hooked into what I thought was a log and then it started moving. I thought for sure it was a cat because I have caught them on spinners before and once on top water, which was very odd. When I saw the flash, I thought it had to be the biggest trout I ever saw. It took me fifteen tense minutes to get him in and I had to run up and down stream to stay with it. When I got him to me, he wouldn’t fit in the net and I had to grab him, hooking my hand in the process. The line then broke and I scooped up the fish in my waders(water was cold af). Got it officially measured and weighed and it came in at 26.5 inches, 9.4 lbs. I missed the state record by half an inch, but my fish was over twice what the record fish weighed. Here she is.41D5CAE8-0C8A-4576-9C7F-9CB0430BA1CC.jpeg

View attachment 970241

I only have one good trout story. In 1997, I was fishing downstate WV in the mountains. I was using an ultralight pole with 4 lb test and throwing a Mepps Aglia 2(my go to back then). I hooked into what I thought was a log and then it started moving. I thought for sure it was a cat because I have caught them on spinners before and once on top water, which was very odd. When I saw the flash, I thought it had to be the biggest trout I ever saw. It took me fifteen tense minutes to get him in and I had to run up and down stream to stay with it. When I got him to me, he wouldn’t fit in the net and I had to grab him, hooking my hand in the process. The line then broke and I scooped up the fish in my waders(water was cold af). Got it officially measured and weighed and it came in at 26.5 inches, 9.4 lbs. I missed the state record by half an inch, but my fish was over twice what the record fish weighed. Here she is.View attachment 970240
Awesome story brother! And have the mount to boot! Pretty fucking cool. I'm going to be doing a bunch of salt water fishing next month, but I'm also off to the Tekapo Canals for a day fish sometime towards the end of next month. Hope to hook into something similar or larger ;) https://www.google.com/amp/s/flylor...ut-in-the-world-tekapo-canal-new-zealand/?amp

E2083A45-D394-495B-80E0-6D2CC31A19BD.jpeg I am going to start posting lures, of which, I have a million. I will also post what comes in my subscription boxes.

Here are two spinner baits. I modified one. They are sixth sense divine spinnerbaits. They are a quarter ounce, which is small andni usually go with a 3/8. One in lavender and white and the other was white and chartreuse, but I modified it. I added a stinger/trailer hook, added a brown/orange skirt, and changed out one of the willow blades for a larger one to make it a bit bigger with more flash. I specifically ordered this one in boring white because unintended to mod it. I want this one to look like a bluegill, which I think I have done. Here they are: 835BE596-DAD2-4763-B3DC-998FB3E16174.jpeg

Awesome story brother! And have the mount to boot! Pretty fucking cool. I'm going to be doing a bunch of salt water fishing next month, but I'm also off to the Tekapo Canals for a day fish sometime towards the end of next month. Hope to hook into something similar or larger ;) https://www.google.com/amp/s/flylordsmag.com/the-biggest-rainbow-trout-in-the-world-tekapo-canal-new-zealand/?amp

Ah man, that sounds amazing. I would love to go to NZ. I always wanted to go to Brazil and fish for peacock bass. I spent a month in Nicaragua studying monkeys and I took my fishing gear because we were staying 30 yards from lake Nicaragua and there are peacocks in there. I managed to catch one and it was two pounds and fought like a beast.

Then, in 2007, we went to Miami so my dad and I could go fish the canals for peacocks. Most amazing day of fishijgni have ever had. We caught over 40 including six over six pounds. You can’t lip them like you do a bass because their teeth tear you up. In some of the pics, you can see blood running down my arm because my thumbs were so torn up. Here are some pics from that day. The big one was also almost a state record peacock. The record was 8’12” and this bass was 8’4”. 83BB0FDA-0E90-43AF-A5E5-70A469648FB2.jpegB9E085D4-ED25-442B-A6CB-BB54EFF10BD6.jpeg 1B013861-4C30-455E-BAF2-DCB40D65CF96.jpeg

I took renowned Outdoors Hunting/Fishing Writer, Conservationist & Dept of and Game Media Rep Harry Morse Fishing yesterday. Weather is still completely out of whack and tough for Mid March, but at least we were not skunked! Please Check it OUT Sherbros

I only started ice fishing this year, in the ocean, and I got my first Mackerels last weekend. They mostly leave our shores come winter but some stay behind, so not a easy catch.

I only started ice fishing this year, in the ocean, and I got my first Mackerels last weekend. They mostly leave our shores come winter but some stay behind, so not a easy catch.

Damn dude. I've never heard of ice fishing on the ocean. Wild. And...fuck that shit! Wherever you live must be nuts, but I'd be in to visit you crazies during your summer just so I can try and figure out the lunacy that keeps you alive during such winters!

Damn dude. I've never heard of ice fishing on the ocean. Wild. And...fuck that shit! Wherever you live must be nuts, but I'd be in to visit you crazies during your summer just so I can try and figure out the lunacy that keeps you alive during such winters!
Well I guess the viking blood still runs deep in our veins, anyways, several fjords\bays freezes over so its pretty common, but off course, safety measures needs to be taken. But it was a great experience and ill def keep doing it every winter.

Ice fishing is fun and i tend to catch bigger fish through the ice compared to summer in the same waters. Oxygen levels drop as the winter progresses, so fishing slows, but picks back up at ice-off. You need to be really patient for ice fishing.

3201417C-436D-47EB-922E-33FE2F85AE9E.jpeg AA92E878-E237-4064-8B4D-3F711B73ECE1.jpeg Gearing up for this season. Setting my 2023 goals.
1. New personal bests in largemouth(6 lbs) and smallmouth (3lbs).
2. Continue to improve and build on my success from last year using spinnerbaits and jigs.
3. Become proficient using chatterbaits, lipless, and jerkbaits. Currently, I have only caught one fish on a chatterbait and no fish on the other two.
4. Reeastablish my Ned rig and shaky head game. I have gotten away from those presentations the last two years.
5. Locate some new water.

So, here is some of my featured gear for the year(minus jigs, I haven’t organized them yet).

The first pic is of some of my favorite spinnerbaits. Mega bass. The brown/orange is what I caught two six pounders on last year at wolf run two days before they drained it. I have some of them paired with reaction innovations little dippers and some kvd caffeine shad.

The second pic is of my hard baits. I will continue to destroy bass on my Berkeley choppo in bone with a red feathered hook and some red permanent marker highlights-like inhave for the last 3 years. But I intend to land some bass on lipless (most of these are Ark brand) while the others(the green pumpkin and red lipless) are from a monster bass or mystery tackle box but I really like them. I will eventually figure out the brand.

The third pic is my chatterbaits. A mix of zman, thunder crickets, and I plan to try the zman stealth blade paired with their mud minnow.

The fourth pic is my ned rig box. Just to stick to the basics and the company where it all began, I am going with zman trd’s, goats, and craws-paired with their ned rig lock jig heads. I added a skirt to a couple of the rigs. I also like to use nikko helgramites as well, but zman doesn’t play well with other plastics and will melt the world to goo if you aren’t careful.

So, what are your 2023 goals? What techniques do you plan to use? Any new waters you plan to explore? Post em here!

Last edited:
Did it again yesterday afternoon. 3 downtown browns in 3 consecutive weekends. Finally remembered to make some measurement markings on my trout net. This critter came in at 20"+ and probably 4 to 4.5lb. Not a bad effort at all.
View attachment 969625View attachment 969626
Nice. I haven't fished in years it's fun, I do want to go Salmon and Halibut fishing one day.

Have you tried these o-rings for the wacky rig? I got some in an MLF mystery tackle box & they’re the only way I’ll fish a wacky rig now. The hook up ratio is way better than the normal o-rings & the senko has a perfect fall action

I use cut clear surgical tubing. Its waaayyyt more durable than O-rings

Back