lets try to figure out this strange anomaly in MMA

Often, fighters are not really present in the fight. They are just acting out what they choreographed in practice. If they practiced to give themselves space and pick their shots when the opponent is confused and concussed, then that is what they would do in a really fight situation.

I think they practice to jump on the opponent when they smell blood, in hopes that they will KO the opponent once and for all or the referee will stop the fight because it looks like they are beating up on a defenseless opponent.

A good example is Robert Lawler versus Ben Askren. Askren was out of it, and Robert Lawler woke him up, instead of creating space and picking his shots to finish an opponent who was out of it.
who is this robert lawler you speak of?

every fighter should have a code word between them and their coaches that tells them to go for the kill and that the opponent is rocked. something along the lines of "KILL" would work

It's a calculated decision based on risk. Striking, even against a rocked opponent, is more risky than getting the TD and likely securing the round on the scorecards. And if it turns out that your opponent is seriously rocked, fishing him via gnp or sub is an option that's still there.

Hurt fighters cam be wildly unpredictable and often swing for the fences out of desperation. Wouldn't you rather remove the chance of getting clipped by taking a dominant top position on the ground?

It's a calculated decision based on risk. Striking, even against a rocked opponent, is more risky than getting the TD and likely securing the round on the scorecards. And if it turns out that your opponent is seriously rocked, fishing him via gnp or sub is an option that's still there.

Hurt fighters cam be wildly unpredictable and often swing for the fences out of desperation. Wouldn't you rather remove the chance of getting clipped by taking a dominant top position on the ground?

Re read the OP

Look up Pete Sell and Pat Barry's fight library.

Some fighters play possum when they get knocked out.

Generally we see this in the later rounds. That leads me to believe it has to do with being tired and brain functionality.

Try thinking when exhausted. Its exhausting

A- Fighter A has poor fight IQ
B- Fighter A is actually tired and wants to take the chance to rest on top or possibly end the fight.
C- Fighter A is actually a much worse striker than fighter B and wants to take advantage of his monetary advantage to get the fight to the ground.

one of these 3.
/

Look up Pete Sell and Pat Barry's fight library.

Some fighters play possum when they get knocked out.
Those were crazy..That Smith KO though. He was legit hurt. he laid on his back for minutes after.
Comeback fights..I'll add Diaz/Daley and Mir/Nog II.

This has been happening as long as i can remember.

Fighter A. rocks fighter B. Then either shoots for a takedown with no follow up punches or stalls against the cage!

This is a weird anomaly and it seems to happen in a lot of fights

Why do you think this happens?

Adrenaline dump that they can't finish off the opponent, maybe going for the kill takes a lot of energy.

Or they do that whole "don't tire yourself out trying finish" bullshit but by the time they remember they're clinched up so they just stall.

For us older fans we're lucky to have watched consistent fights of people being killers. Now it's seems rare.

every fighter should have a code word between them and their coaches that tells them to go for the kill and that the opponent is rocked. something along the lines of "KILL" would work

FINISH HIM!

Fedor/Werdum and Nog/Mir II. Rocked fighter got the sub instead.
Rocked fighter getting KO - Daley/Diaz and Leben/Martin.
it is a risk sometimes as you said.

Because it's a work. These guys are trying to sell a fight.
one of us is drunk..

how does this mean anything?

i coulda said because mind controlling potatoes are taking over their brains and it woulda made more sense.

That is the opposite of what i am asking...
You asked “why do you think of this happens” and I told you why.

Whenever a fighter panics, then shoot for a takedown for no apparent reason, either when they’re winning a fight or losing a fight. Which is the whole point of panic wrestling.

You asked “why do you think of this happens” and I told you why.

Whenever a fighter panics, then shoot for a takedown for no apparent reason, either when they’re winning a fight or losing a fight. Which is the whole point of panic wrestling.

NO YOU DIDN'T!

People panic wrestle when they are getting lit teh eff up on the feet! I asked why do people get a get a guy rocked an then don do nuffin!

I think sometimes its just the instinct. Especially if they grew up wrestling. At least this is what I have been telling myself to get less frustrated when this happens..

NO YOU DIDN'T!

People panic wrestle when they are getting lit teh eff up on the feet! I asked why do people get a get a guy rocked an then don do nuffin!
Because they panicked and shot for a takedown! Panic wrestling doesn’t only apply to whenever a fighter is losing. If you land a clean hard punch and it surprised even you, you wouldn’t know how to react at the heat of the moment, so your first instinct is “shoot for a takedown”, because your mind panicked and you got too excited and jumped the gun. Hence the term, panic wrestling.

This has been happening as long as i can remember.

Fighter A. rocks fighter B. Then either shoots for a takedown with no follow up punches or stalls against the cage!

This is a weird anomaly and it seems to happen in a lot of fights

Why do you think this happens?
because some fighters they see it as "i got lucky and hurt him on the feet! this is my chance to take him to the ground and do what i'm best at!"

Because they panicked and shot for a takedown! Panic wrestling doesn’t only apply to whenever a fighter is losing. If you land a clean hard punch and it surprised even you, you wouldn’t know how to react at the heat of the moment, so your first instinct is “shoot for a takedown”, because your mind panicked and you got too excited and jumped the gun. Hence the term, panic wrestling.

Upon further review I'll allow that

ibkwfc.gif

Back