Opinion Liberal santa sends young boy away in tears after refusing to gift him a nerf gun for Christmas

This you? Calling a kid a baby then showing us how you aren't even allowed to have your own opinion? Your wife "told" you so. She makes the decisions with zero input from you big fella. I bet you cry more than this kid when its your time of the month.
The only thing people like that will do by forcing their virtuous crap on their kids is make them the squares on the playground and end up resenting them.

That's messed up. In children's eyes, Santa is built-up to be this awesome grandpa figure who always understands them and cares about them. Just saying "Nope, no nerf gun," is a kind of rejection and isn't embodying the empathy and understanding of the character. I think that's basically the real reason the kid is crying, not the nerf gun itself (which the mother promises he will get anyway) but the fact this character which has been built-up so much disappoints you completely.

On a side note, at that age I was asking my parents pointed questions like "How come Santa can be in malls all around the world at the same time?" and "What does Santa's factory look like? where is it located? how come satellites haven't found it yet?" I could see from my parents' shrugs and failure to answer anything properly that something was up. I don't believe I ever went to a mall Santa because they looked like a cheap impostor to me, even though I wasn't 100% sure what was going on.

Sad how people try to make things like Christmas about their own personal politics and not about the kids.

What a douche.

Also lol at his effeminate liberal grandma voice.
Lol he was truly a terrible Santa. That voice kind of reminded me of Gilbert Godfried

Grew up in the Texas Panhandle, about as rural as it gets. I'm not saying people don't hunt, I'm saying there aren't many actually living off of their hunts. It's a hobby, not survival.

Putting a deer in the freezer once a year saves money on meat, and doesn't support inhumane factory farming.

Why do you have to "live off" it, in the literal sense? That's ridiculous.

Last edited:
I PM'd @2DUM2TAP and owned up to my mistake. All is good.
You didn't need to. Mistakes happen. No worries.

I was just mad at Slick for making fun of a six year old for crying. Politics aside I dont really care if a parent doesn't want their kid to play with toy guns. Thats their decision to make.

These kids have had a shitty fucking year with no sports, no friends, no sleep overs, no birthday parties, wearing masks all day in school, not seeing their grand parents etc...

All this kid wanted was a fucking nerf gun and this fake Santa had to shove his shitty agenda down his throat.

Wow, that kid is a fucking baby. And of course his mom coddles him immediately, it's no wonder the kid is so soft. Kind of brings up an interesting question though, is there a limit to what Santa must agree to? What if the kid asked for a real knife? Is Santa supposed to immediately agree, or is he supposed to ask the parents and adopt whatever philosophy they have even if it conflicts with their own?

I bet there's some insanely awkward moments for those guys, kids asking for dead and divorced parents back and shit.

I do agree the kid is a baby but the Santa is still a dick head. He wasn't even doing this as part of his job he was just being a POS and bringing his own wants\thoughts into a fun family moment. Sure there is a limit like a knife is dangerous. So maybe the Santa can look at the mom and go is mom ok with you having a knife? If she nods yes then say ok that's what we will get you.

Wow, that kid is a fucking baby. And of course his mom coddles him immediately, it's no wonder the kid is so soft. Kind of brings up an interesting question though, is there a limit to what Santa must agree to? What if the kid asked for a real knife? Is Santa supposed to immediately agree, or is he supposed to ask the parents and adopt whatever philosophy they have even if it conflicts with their own?

I bet there's some insanely awkward moments for those guys, kids asking for dead and divorced parents back and shit.
Convincing your kid Santa exists is the actual abuse

My wife recently told me she wouldn't let our kids play with toy guns and I was actually fine with it. It's not like people are hunting for sustenance anymore, it's not a symbol of being a man. It's a tool designed to take away life. Why glorify that do developing minds?

A nerf gun is a toy, not a weapon. It is in no way similar to an actual gun.

Santa is on the way out anyway.
A White bearded dude offering Christmas gifts stinks of White culture.
Hell, Christmas is going to be on the way out anyway. It's nothing more than stinky Germanic Yule tradition!!!

My wife recently told me she wouldn't let our kids play with toy guns and I was actually fine with it. It's not like people are hunting for sustenance anymore, it's not a symbol of being a man. It's a tool designed to take away life. Why glorify that do developing minds?

A nerf gun is a toy, not a weapon. It is in no way similar to an actual gun.

You are obviously very uninformed on the topic of hunting for subsistence.
Many families in this world and in this country including my own still hunt
for the vast majority of the meat they eat.

Also, hunters play a vital role in wildlife management and conservation.

Edit:
After I wrote the post above I see you have backtracked on the whole hunting thing.
Which did save you some face.

Last edited:
Kids wont grow up glorifying guns unless you teach them to, and denying kids something that most other kids get to play with will oftentimes make them feel left out, wich will increase anti social behaviour and risk of them growing up more likely to do bad things. Boys will be boys and guns/swords have and will always be popular. Most kids dont grow up to be serial killers if you treat them like normal children.

According to these leftist firearm alarmists, kids like the young girl above are all potential school shooters. Guns are bad!

It's not really a matter of physical risk to the kid, I'm not worried about a Nerf dart injuring them. I probably would be fine with toy swords and bows because they're not really associated with modern war or self defense, and it's the psychological effects of desensitizing kids to gun violence that I'm thinking about.

I'm not anti-gun and I wouldn't be opposed to getting them a real gun and taking them to shoot when they're older, my wife is a great shot I hear. I just don't want to glorify guns in my house, doesn't mean I'm against guns.

You gonna let your kids play Call of Duty?

Sorry. I mean, is your wife gonna let your kids play Call of Duty?

Grew up in the Texas Panhandle, about as rural as it gets. I'm not saying people don't hunt, I'm saying there aren't many actually living off of their hunts. It's a hobby, not survival.
I'm in Maine which is at least as rural and people do indeed hunt to feed their families. Would they die if they didn't? No, probably not but does it save them money and feed their families? Yes it does.

Not saying their aren't hunting hobbyists but I think your statement is a little too generalized.

I never allowed my boys (3) and (10) be gifted, own or play with toy guns or gun related video games, with the exception
of hunting games. For me is was more about teaching my boys that there is only two reasons to ever use a gun, hunting
and protection, they are not toys and it's not a game. No, I'm not a SJW.

My family and friends never understood this because I"m a "gun guy" but eventually my strategy became apparent.

- On his 5th birthday my 10 y.o. received a bb gun, his marksmanship training started
and he proceeded to become extraordinarily proficient with it
- At 7 he got a lever action .22 LR and began to hunt squirrels
- At 8 he received a .410 shotgun for rabbit hunting
- At 9 he received a 10/22 semi-auto .22 LR for squirrel hunting
- Last month on his 10th birthday he received an AR-15 for his javelina hunt in January
- In February if he's drawn for fall elk he will receive a 7mm-08 and begin training with it

And even know we never did Santa in our home, that old SJW acted like a self righteous fool, not Santa.

With that being said, it was quite apparent from the short video that the boy's parents need to step up
their parenting game in a big way. That kid reacted like a spoiled 2 year old and he was about 6.

Back