Social Liberals really messed up by supporting Hamas over Israel

oh a few things undoubtedly. But I don't really think much would be different in terms of international policies / business.

The decisions being made in these conflict zones aren't being made for ethical or moral reasons ( despite many wishing it so ) which is what the same people will claim is the difference between left n right. ( one being " good " and more moral " apparently " )

it's all business

I mean looking back at recent history. Nothing ever was different regardlesswhichwas in charge. . Don't see why it would be now.

Both sold the wmd push. Pro Iraq invasion. Pro Afghanistan invasion. Drone strikes. Afghanistan withdrawal. Selling weapons to Ukraine. Increasing weapons budget. Pro Israel. Ignore allies warcrimes. Syria... lybia... Etc etc etc

I personally don't see a difference, there undoubtedly would be some . But as a whole I don't see a difference in a left or right led America.. I just see usa

In terms of my country Australia we're even more beholden to our bigger allies like the US and the UK. You can be sure that 5 minutes after Biden does a press conference about sending troops somewhere our PM will do one saying how many we're sending, Our current government is left but either one would be no different in this respect.

actually, he stands by it. I respect him for it. he's a POS like all Hamas fanboys, but he doesn't mince words. I know where he stands.

I can't say the same for Andy Capp.. "duuuurrr.....context...uhh....yeah, context is needed..."
That's sort of the issue there. Andy is one of those types that sort of likes everything and anything to the point where it's contradictory.

Standing by it is precisely why @K1levelgrappler is special type of dweeb.

You can be sure that 5 minutes after Biden does a press conference about sending troops somewhere our PM will do one saying how many we're sending, Our current government is left but either one would be no different in this respect.
Good man. Thanks for the support bud.

what context is there? that poster said I "100 percent support H@mas...."

and you liked it.

you're a hamas fanboy...and a POS

including @Islam Imamate in this as well.
There is plenty of context.

This was right when it was announced, before most people realized hamas ran into an international world peace rave full of civilians and were posting videos of what they were doing to non combattants hours later.

It's reasonable to assume the folks liking that post at the time assumed Hamas was attacking military targets given some of them later in the thread condemned the attacks on non combatant civilians and left the discussion for a long while

Fair enough. I find myself disagreeing with posters I generally like, and agreeing with others I don't typically like when it comes to this conflict as well.
Agreed. This issue is one of the most varied in terms of thought. I find myself in the same boat.

This was right when it was announced, before most people realized hamas ran into an international world peace rave full of civilians and were posting videos of what they were doing to non combattants hours later.

It's reasonable to assume the folks liking that post at the time assumed Hamas was attacking military targets given some of them later in the thread condemned the attacks on non combatant civilians and left the discussion for a long while

I guess you guys weren't privy to the videos on Reddit and Twitter, and the videos of Hamas parading around mutilated corpses and vids of them shooting unarmed civilians.

normally I would give most people the benefit of the doubt, but not him, or ilk like him.

I guess you guys weren't privy to the videos on Reddit and Twitter, and the videos of Hamas parading around mutilated corpses and vids of them shooting unarmed civilians.

normally I would give most people the benefit of the doubt, but not him, or ilk like him.
Sure I was. Those came hours later. Post #9 usually happens within 5 minutes of a post coming out, and this was breaking news just showing pictures of hamas blowing up tanks and military outposts.

Its completely feasible that folks who come to sherdog every day just clicked on the war room business as usual, saw that thread, clicked it and just looked at the first few posts before they went looking at some of the carnage and atrocities and realized it wasn't quite the scenario they imagined when they read the headlines and saw pictures of tanks on fire.

I want you to think about this...

these pieces of shit LIKED this comment on October 7th. can you fucking imagine how sick in the head you have to be, after such an atrocity?

I mean, I can somewhat afford you some latitude if you think the IDF's response has been severe, but ON OCTOBER 7th!!???!

seriously, fuck you.

lol @Andy Capp

duuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 'more context is needed.'
Maybe we liked it on the 7th cause we felt Israel got a little bit of what they deserved, nearly 3 months in and we've seen the Israels brutal response, were we wrong? No seriously fuck YOU.

It's reasonable to assume the folks liking that post at the time assumed Hamas was attacking military targets.
Not a chance. The most immediate and widely reported incident, was Hamas attacking innocents at a concert. Don't give these dishonest assholes a fucking inch.

In terms of my country Australia we're even more beholden to our bigger allies like the US and the UK. You can be sure that 5 minutes after Biden does a press conference about sending troops somewhere our PM will do one saying how many we're sending, Our current government is left but either one would be no different in this respect.
Oh indeed mate. I'm Australian as well. We are no different. Seems a terrible idea to start viewing the world through the lense of two teams imo.

Sure I was. Those came hours later. Post #9 usually happens within 5 minutes of a post coming out, and this was breaking news just showing pictures of hamas blowing up tanks and military outposts.

Its completely feasible that folks who come to sherdog every day just clicked on the war room business as usual, saw that thread, clicked it and just looked at the first few posts before they went looking at some of the carnage and atrocities and realized it wasn't quite the scenario they imagined when they read the headlines and saw pictures of tanks on fire.

I disagree. I like you, and your posts. but the initial reports were of wholesale slaughter of innocents and civilians. the videos came out early too

I don't "100% support Hamas" but I liked that post because I find K1levelgrappler's irreverent posting very funny even when he says messed up stuff like that. Can't speak for anyone else but for me it doesn't go deeper than that. FWIW I feel like fairly soon after the attacks it was apparent that atrocities were committed especially at the music festival though I think its plausible that many of those posters didn't know at that point.

So yeah for the record Hamas is bad because their political program is a dead end, they make no distinction between combatants and non-combatants, and their goal is to ignite a race war between Arabs and Jews and all of this was known before Oct 7th.

I don't know why you're coming at me this aggressively. I stated a fact. I didn't twist your words.
No, you absolutely did. I'm speaking in terms of a war being fought in a glorified hallway, against a bunch of cowards who use civilians as cover. You're trying to make it seem like I support the killing of civilians, when I'm merely stating that it's a reality of this war, and the numbers are actually far lower than they should be, given the circumstances. You were trying to insinuate that I'm rooting for it.

I'm as "okay" with it, as I am any other conflict going on where civilians are caught in the crossfire, because it's just the way it goes. I guess you are "okay" with Hamas raping and murdering a bunch of innocents, because you're not crying your eyes out over it, and support the nation of their attackers.

This thread is just another showcase of the weird discourse around I/P.

One side criticizes the actions of Israel and the other side criticizes the words of posters on a forum that support Palestinians.

This video sums up Australian defence policy well.

Doesnt mean everyone here had the info. Anyway at the time posted I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt. If one of the peeps wants to come out and say now that they are on board then it would be different. At times things dont age well is all. Most here are not on board with killing women and children no matter what the side.
Well least 2 people ITT stood by it and 2 were banned, one I recall for going off the deep end full white hood in that original 10/7 thread. A couple people were probably trolling. I take @Andy Capp at his word that he clicked before he knew everything, we don't see eye to eye very much, but I think he generally has good intentions.

Back