Life is pointless with out a struggle

At least we know shogun won the first machida fight

Took me until the ripe old age of 27 to learn this.

Life is boring and impossible to truly appreciate if you've never struggled. I know there are some popular quotes that reinforce this sentiment but you never truly get it until you've experienced it.

"Its always darkest before the dawn"

If you have only ever known a life of luxury and stress free things get boring. You have a whole world at your fingertips yet lay and bed and think "men. Nothing sounds fun."

When you've struggled to even afford a few baked potatoes to last for a weeks worth food, something as simple as being able to go to the grocery store and load up on all the food you want makes you over bound with joy

I'm broke right now but when I'm not I'm going to MAKE IT FUCKING RAIN!
Thinks 27 is "ripe old age".
Thinks he learned something at 27.

alternate-stopped-reading-there.jpg

Took me until the ripe old age of 27 to learn this.

Life is boring and impossible to truly appreciate if you've never struggled. I know there are some popular quotes that reinforce this sentiment but you never truly get it until you've experienced it.

"Its always darkest before the dawn"

If you have only ever known a life of luxury and stress free things get boring. You have a whole world at your fingertips yet lay and bed and think "men. Nothing sounds fun."

When you've struggled to even afford a few baked potatoes to last for a weeks worth food, something as simple as being able to go to the grocery store and load up on all the food you want makes you over bound with joy

I'm broke right now but when I'm not I'm going to MAKE IT FUCKING RAIN!
i thought you had stock investments and you've mentioned in another thread you could live three years on your savings if you lose your job. Your giving out some conflicting signals.

Its good to hurdle a challenge but struggle i do not want. Real struggle can turn a man into a bum.

I see what you are saying TS but I think it is relative. If you never had to struggle of course it would be boring because it is very hard/next to impossible to really appreciate what you have.

This is just my experience so take it for what it is worth but I grew up poor as hell. My dad died when I was 2 and my mom got disabled so I grew up on Section 8, AFDC, etc.

I used those struggles to help me get into a situation where I don't really have those struggles now. The only struggles I have now is putting myself in to a situation to where my previous struggles are farther in the rear view mirror.

i thought you had stock investments and you've mentioned in another thread you could live three years on your savings if you lose your job. Your giving out some conflicting signals.

I do. I could easily go 3 years with out working. I am worth significantly more money than 99% of people my age.

I just simply got lazy and burned through too much money in my checking account, and it takes anywhere from a few days to a week for any stock to be sold off and the check arrive in the mail. So for the last week or so I have been dead ass broke. Credit card is maxed out(again simply due to me being too lazy/not caring enough to sell stock and pay it completely off)

I am fucking begging that the check arrives tomorrow lol

My savings is my stocks

I do. I could easily go 3 years with out working. I am worth significantly more money than 99% of people my age.

I just simply got lazy and burned through too much money in my checking account, and it takes anywhere from a few days to a week for any stock to be sold off and the check arrive in the mail. So for the last week or so I have been dead ass broke. Credit card is maxed out(again simply due to me being too lazy/not caring enough to sell stock and pay it completely off)

I am fucking begging that the check arrives tomorrow lol

My savings is my stocks

Do you pay off your credit card in full every month?

What a complete nonsense conclusion based off if complete nonsense.

Do you pay off your credit card in full every month?
No, there is always a balance. I have a very low interest rate though. I got a raise recently at work so I'm going to finally pay it off in full in the next few months. Not gonna lie I've just been kind of a big spender lately and it bit me in the ass.

What a complete nonsense conclusion based off if complete nonsense.
shut up dork no ones talking to your goose necked looking ass

No, there is always a balance. I have a very low interest rate though. I got a raise recently at work so I'm going to finally pay it off in full in the next few months. Not gonna lie I've just been kind of a big spender lately and it bit me in the ass.

shut up dork no ones talking to your goose necked looking ass

Keeping a credit card balance is pretty dumb if you have the money. It's finance 101.

I’m at the point where i am happy wihth everything in my life, but i do appreciate where i come from as i started with nothing.

Well im broke right now but I'd rather not be. Not sure i agree with you.

Yes, you are correct. This is called the "power process".

Here, an illustration by Ted Kaczynski about what happens if your only goals are in the categories 1 and 3.

Disruption_of_the_power_process.png

Joe Rogan said the same thing when Anthony Bourdain killed himself.

I've pretty much always had some degree of struggle, so I can't confirm or deny this, but it makes sense because...

1. I see too many rich folks complain about being miserable. In fact, I read a statistic that claims people are happiest at a certain income (I can't remember, maybe 70k?) As it starts going up, folks start feeling unhappy again.

2. If you've ever played The Sims, the moment you max out your character, get your dream job or house, the game is extremely boring and pointless.

Without some war to fight then the warrior might as well be dead, Stallion.

Cheers buddeh
<28>
On my way to be a pro fighter. Struggle a lot, but I have I feelin I won't regret it.

Back