Life is pointless with out a struggle

I'd agree with that. I appreciate a lot of the small things because I remember the days where I had to hustle the fuck out of life to get to where I am now.

Being conscious in the moment in life is huge. So many people just go through life day to day and thinking about what to do next. I like to really soak shit in and appreciate all the good things. The best way to relate to this if you don't already do it is how you feel when you are sick with a really bad flu. You are constantly 'living in the moment' as you can't mentally disassociate the discomfort. The worst thing is when people get better from being sick, they don't have that same 'in the moment' mentality and it is the most tragic thing in life.

I do. I could easily go 3 years with out working. I am worth significantly more money than 99% of people my age.

I just simply got lazy and burned through too much money in my checking account, and it takes anywhere from a few days to a week for any stock to be sold off and the check arrive in the mail. So for the last week or so I have been dead ass broke. Credit card is maxed out(again simply due to me being too lazy/not caring enough to sell stock and pay it completely off)

I am fucking begging that the check arrives tomorrow lol

My savings is my stocks
what sort of backwards system MAILS you a check instead of transferring to your bank? And why do you only have one CC if you're so wealthy and financially secure?

No, there is always a balance. I have a very low interest rate though. I got a raise recently at work so I'm going to finally pay it off in full in the next few months. Not gonna lie I've just been kind of a big spender lately and it bit me in the ass.
No CC interest rate is lower than the rate of returns from stocks. Otherwise the entire system will collapse. You should NEVER carry a balance on it.

I could say I've struggled to get what I want or I can say I've worked hard to get what I want. I'll go with the latter but truth is I don't have a lot of wants.

what sort of backwards system MAILS you a check instead of transferring to your bank? And why do you only have one CC if you're so wealthy and financially secure?

No CC interest rate is lower than the rate of returns from stocks. Otherwise the entire system will collapse. You should NEVER carry a balance on it.

Yea I dont claim to be an expert of finances what so ever. Tbh I only make OK money, but kind of lucked into a very nice lump sum for my age. So still learning. Like I said in another post, I'm going to wipe out the balance on my CC over the next few months. As for why I only have one CC, well......I've just never cared or needed another one for any reason whatsoever. But again, as I'm still in the process of learning, I recently learned it would be a good idea to get another one and keep the balance 0 on both of them, and use whichever has better rewards.

You used the word wealthy. I never said I was wealthy...dont I wish. I'm rich FOR MY AGE.

I'd agree with that. I appreciate a lot of the small things because I remember the days where I had to hustle the fuck out of life to get to where I am now.

Being conscious in the moment in life is huge. So many people just go through life day to day and thinking about what to do next. I like to really soak shit in and appreciate all the good things. The best way to relate to this if you don't already do it is how you feel when you are sick with a really bad flu. You are constantly 'living in the moment' as you can't mentally disassociate the discomfort. The worst thing is when people get better from being sick, they don't have that same 'in the moment' mentality and it is the most tragic thing in life.

This is so true. The thought of being back on my feet and having the means to just be in the moment and do whatever I want again almost brings a tear to my eye, even though thats where I was not even a week ago lol

One thing I've noticed during this short sting with no cash to do or buy anything, is I dont even really crave being able to buy anything. I crave and look forward to just being able to walk around the city, stress and worry free, and interact with people while taking the day as it comes.

Being broke is making you think like Friedrich Nietzche, I see.

“To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering.”

I think for some people it is. I am definitely one of those people. I have to have a goal toward which I am working. Otherwise, I just am not the same person. I’ve known plenty of people though who just graduated high school (barely, and only after attending adult school) and that was enough for them. They never tried or needed to try to achieve more. As long as they have a job, and barely enough money to pay rent, pay for weed and booze, that is all they want out of life.

I just don’t want to have lived my life and not left some kind of positive impact on the world, no matter how small or incremental. And I also have a desire to learn things. So I always am looking for some kind of challenge or struggle.

Signed up for Muay Thai this week, just a few months shy of 37 years old. This is something I have wanted to do for a while.

Back