lil uzi vert = van gogh. eminem/nas/wutang/ur fav rapper = bob ross [hiphopheads only itt]

I really dont think he will, I think he might get a mention for his era (like carti) but I just dont see him bringing anything to the table recently. His older stuff is not as you said the a master piece, its different, but different doesn't mean good. He did help bring in an era of music I personally think is terrible (but I am an older head), I been working with hiphop for 20 years now and most people in the industry do agree he helped push music that most hip-hop (not rap) heads think is destructive to the culture. Mumble rap certainly should be looked at as its own thing and not as hip-hop imo. Uzi has talked down to his own fan base and has said in multiple interviews the only way he can rhyme consistently is the use of "yeahs" and he is ok with that. If you like mumble rap then you already are not going to agree with golden era heads, its 2 completely different forms of music, I think actual hip-hop (like childish gambino if we are talking new stuff) is artistically better and more valid with a positive influence. However much like I think a lot of famous abstract painters are completely crap, they have an audience and you can't really compare them to realism painters.

EDIT: as for the punk reference, punk had a basis in politics and other social issues, uzi doesn't and he himself has stated he doesn't want to do anything but do the easiest thing possible. Thats not a comparison other then saying punk was brash and made with lofi shit.
recently he aint been doin much cuz his label is holding him hostage mans is truly just one of the creative types who cant and shouldnt deal with the cutthroat sociopathic execs looking to exploit whoever the industry really fuckt him up and still are smh

and like u said hes already mad influential and hes basically masterminding a new sound of rap his career only a few years old and hes on the cusp of changing hiphop forever imagine what he'll do in the future. ik oldheads are mad but at this point they just gotta realize that different genres of rap exist and to act like rap focused less on lyricism is inferior is objectively wrong

also drug using music aint worse than drug selling music and less lyrical rap always been huge (sugarhill gang)

I witnessed someone listen to Andre 3000's verse in Sorry and realize that they are a terrible father.

That's practically a spiritual awakening.

Maybe you just don't like art.

Uzi has the better catalog now but Trippie is only about 18 years old. He's shown a lot more range than others in class while being much better melodically and if he could cultivate a reasonably broad vocabulary he would outlast them all lMO. You could say Uzi is just a Thugger clone and Thugger was just biting Lil Wayne.

I like Uzi(I go apeshit and make it rain when they play 'Mood' in the strip club) but especially with the issues he's had with his label I wouldn't be surprised if he's on the way out by the end of 2019.
uzi made his own lane trippie just got into someone elses (uzis) and also i just hate trippie voice its ass imo id honestly pick lil skies over trippie and lil skies generic af

and nahh if shit dont get better with his label uzi would just have someone from his team "hack" him and drop his vault and he'd be confirmed legendary status

I witnessed someone listen to Andre 3000's verse in Sorry and realize that they are a terrible father.

That's practically a spiritual awakening.

Maybe you just don't like art.
only song called sorry worth knowing

uzi made his own lane trippie just got into someone elses (uzis) and also i just hate trippie voice its ass imo id honestly pick lil skies over trippie and lil skies generic af

and nahh if shit dont get better with his label uzi would just have someone from his team "hack" him and drop his vault and he'd be confirmed legendary status
We'll just have to agree to disagree. I'd be shocked if he has more than 2 songs chart next year.

Can Ol' Dirty Bastard be the Jackson Pollock of rap?

mayberry section full of ignance tier dudes acting like uzi aint goat smh

I Would love to watch 90s Wu Tang beat then steal Lil Verts wallet.

Maybe ODB sprays Lysol in his face

I'm just gonna leave this here.

I've yet to hear anything in rap/hip hop that compares.

All the "lil" rappers in the world combined can't hold a candle to Black Thought. I obviously haven't listened to much of the particular "lil" this thread is about, but I'd be willing to bet that this single freestyle has more interesting content, better rhymes, and thoughtful metaphors than most of these mumble rappers entire careers.

I also struggle to see anyone with "lil" in their names being the Van Gogh of hip hop. I mean, how truly original can you be if even your name gets lost in a sea of mediocrity?

This current era of "hip hop" is the equivalent of nu metal. It'll be gone in a couple of years.

People like Kendrick will be the ones remembered.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

I've yet to hear anything in rap/hip hop that compares.

All the "lil" rappers in the world combined can't hold a candle to Black Thought. I obviously haven't listened to much of the particular "lil" this thread is about, but I'd be willing to bet that this single freestyle has more interesting content, better rhymes, and thoughtful metaphors than most of these mumble rappers entire careers.

I also struggle to see anyone with "lil" in their names being the Van Gogh of hip hop. I mean, how truly original can you be if even your name gets lost in a sea of mediocrity?

This current era of "hip hop" is the equivalent of nu metal. It'll be gone in a couple of years.

People like Kendrick will be the ones remembered.

u literally didnt even read OP every generic argument u just brought up is countered there

tell me when are you going to play black thoughts freestyle? at a party? at the gym? in ur car? when u tryna sleep? when u chillin? when u having sex? literally no on all points lol mans make the kind of music you listen too once when ur in front of ur pc and u have literally nothing to do so u might as well play a song and try to decipher every single word ur literally lying if u say uve played that song more than like 10 times "bars" are so fckin overrated and the "haha everyone is called lil amirite" is literally just a meme

will bump when he does
12/31/2019 I'll be waiting. Fancy a wager? If he can get even one #1 on Billboard I'll throw a rack at the club and post video with proof. For every song over 2 that charts I'll throw another rack.

12/31/2019 I'll be waiting. Fancy a wager? If he can get even one #1 on Billboard I'll throw a rack at the club and post video with proof. For every song over 2 that charts I'll throw another rack.
okayy sounds good

but also lets not pretend like trippie is gonna have #1 hits maybe if hes featuring on some other artists lol but no way

the only rapper that has put out decent skilled hip hop in the current era is j.cole ,not a fan of kendrick songs but I will admit he has skills.

even snow tha product is out rapping all these modern era garbage mumble rappers.

rappers in the 90's were far more skilled than anybody right now.

j cole and Kendrick would be considered journey man level rappers in the 90's instead of elite.

the only rapper that has put out decent skilled hip hop in the current era is j.cole ,not a fan of kendrick songs but I will admit he has skills.

even snow tha product is out rapping all these modern era garbage mumble rappers.

rappers in the 90's were far more skilled than anybody right now.

j cole and Kendrick would be considered journey man level rappers in the 90's instead of elite.
if lil uzi aint got skills why isnt everyone spamming as many hits as him or changing an entire industry like he is

u literally didnt even read OP every generic argument u just brought up is countered there

tell me when are you going to play black thoughts freestyle? at a party? at the gym? in ur car? when u tryna sleep? when u chillin? when u having sex? literally no on all points lol mans make the kind of music you listen too once when ur in front of ur pc and u have literally nothing to do so u might as well play a song and try to decipher every single word ur literally lying if u say uve played that song more than like 10 times "bars" are so fckin overrated and the "haha everyone is called lil amirite" is literally just a meme

I did read the OP. And I have listened to that freestyle at least 10 times. It's a work of art. And I'm NEVER gonna listen to mumble rap or trap or whatever the fuck the kids are calling these lil shits music... Because it's generic trash.

Now, you said in the OP that Van Gogh could've painted realism if he wanted to (IMO a better artist to use would be Picasso, who was an incredible realism artist before going so abstract), implying that your lil rapper couple do the same. He just chooses to be different.

So, do you honestly think that lil fucko could do what Black Thought did? Because I don't. Not in a million years.

However, I do think that Black Thought could easily do what all these lil retards do. EASILY.

Now, get back to your teenage delusions. I'll forgive them. I'm sure 19 year old me made some retarded claims too.

I did read the OP. And I have listened to that freestyle at least 10 times. It's a work of art. And I'm NEVER gonna listen to mumble rap or trap or whatever the fuck the kids are calling these lil shits music... Because it's generic trash.

Now, you said in the OP that Van Gogh could've painted realism if he wanted to (IMO a better artist to use would be Picasso, who was an incredible realism artist before going so abstract), implying that your lil rapper couple do the same. He just chooses to be different.

So, do you honestly think that lil fucko could do what Black Thought did? Because I don't. Not in a million years.

However, I do think that Black Thought could easily do what all these lil retards do. EASILY.

Now, get back to your teenage delusions. I'll forgive them. I'm sure 19 year old me made some retarded claims too.
"its generic trash" he says about the artist who is literally on the cusp of changing hiphop forever

???????

i cant argue with you because ur not arguing with me because u dont know what the fucc is going on itt u just have a grudge aginst non dusty rap and are venting it here

Back