lil uzi vert = van gogh. eminem/nas/wutang/ur fav rapper = bob ross [hiphopheads only itt]

okayy sounds good

but also lets not pretend like trippie is gonna have #1 hits maybe if hes featuring on some other artists lol but no way
If he doesn't you gotta eat crow though.

I could see Trippie charting this year and definitely heavy next year but #1 without a feature would admittedly be a surprise. It's obvious that he's still pretty raw but like I said he's only like 18 and Uzi is like 26 and has been at it for much longer.

If he doesn't you gotta eat crow though.

I could see Trippie charting this year but #1 without a feature would admittedly be a surprise. It's obvious that he's still pretty raw but like I said he's only like 18 and Uzi is like 26 and has been at it for much longer.
lol chill he 23 fam

"its generic trash" he says about the artist who is literally on the cusp of changing hiphop forever

???????

i cant argue with you because ur not arguing with me because u dont know what the fucc is going on itt u just have a grudge aginst non dusty rap and are venting it here

I said it's generic trash... Because it's generic trash.

Admittedly, his songs are more tolerable than most mumble rap. For one thing, he actually raps. Even if his rhymes are completely uninspiring.

But it's still that generic modern style, "trippy" beats, with "raps" about partying and prescription drugs.

Boring.

such a vibe make u wanna cry and turn up at the same time <DCrying><DCrying><DCrying>
I said he's kinda trash, because i have heard and liked some of his tracks.

He's not the best one out there, but he's definitely better than a lot of "rappers" out there

I appreciate your comparison of Uzi to Van Gogh but his music seems to be more inspired by 90s boy bands than punk rock.

♫his hair says cobain, but his sound says nsync♫

and like u said hes already mad influential and hes basically masterminding a new sound of rap his career only a few years old and hes on the cusp of changing hiphop forever imagine what he'll do in the future. ik oldheads are mad but at this point they just gotta realize that different genres of rap exist and to act like rap focused less on lyricism is inferior is objectively wrong)

I agree there are different genres, but I think you are a little to high on how he will be. I mean honestly Lil B, Gucci and even (as much as I hate his music) Keef are all the ones that started it. Uzi did his thing and probably still will but if you want to talk about the roots of it. I get you love him, and I appreciate that. But I really see him as a trend rapper, similar to anticon in a way, they made this little path and people who dig it will dig it, but he isn't necessarily going to change "hip-hop forever". Most of his sound is in his production, I know he doesn't produce his own music so you really need to give the credit to his producers. THAT SAID, I get what you are saying, and I appreciate the way you look at things, I just dont agree with him being "great". See I can disagree without being an asshole. I DO like his approach to the genre, but that in itself isnt a new approach, like I said before anticon, DMC, dj screwed, ozomatli, shit even hollywood undead etc all have done similar things, the difference I believe now is the ability to reach people.

Wow the music in the OP is terrible. Too bad this guy got banned. lmao at a supposed fan of hip hop saying bars are overrated, what's next a rock music fan saying guitars are overrated?

Damn, TS makes young folk like me looks bad.

Plus, you are only allowed to listen to that shit till 16.

Lil Uzi is decent but far from revolutionary. Heres some good new tracks.

the only rapper that has put out decent skilled hip hop in the current era is j.cole ,not a fan of kendrick songs but I will admit he has skills.

even snow tha product is out rapping all these modern era garbage mumble rappers.

rappers in the 90's were far more skilled than anybody right now.

j cole and Kendrick would be considered journey man level rappers in the 90's instead of elite.
You just summed up my thoughts on this generation's "saviours" perfectly. I like Cole, but I don't "get" Kendrick. He's like a more successful Talib Kweli to me.

Lyrically both of these guys would get bodied by any number of "old, washed up" rappers from the 90s, but then the illest lyricist is seldom the most successful rapper. Hopefully this trap shit is just a fad.

Wtf mumble rap with catchy hooks and random noises are catch and easy to get into, but it’s not good music.

It’s pop music. Doesn’t mean it’s not creative and doesn’t take skill. But it’s not artistic dude

there's a music discussion forum you know.
fucking rookies.

Why would a rapper use autotune?

Hahahaha - This thread is great - It looks like that can fucktard troll finally got the hammer.

And now, for rap:

If you can't flow, you're not rapping. Mumble is dead.

lol this is a real person?

lil uzi vert is the worst rapper name I've ever heard. I thought lil yachty was bad.

These new rappers are tricky with their names.

I'd heard of this G-Eazy dude and I naively thought he had to have some similarity to Eazy-E because the name was obviously inspired by him. Holy shit was I wrong.

How'd we go from this-

EAZY-1.jpg

To this-

g-eazy.jpg

<Huh2><Huh2>

Back