Listen...I was one of the guys sh*ting on 300....BUT

It delivered alright

ace-ventura-pacco.gif

200w.gif

zKmzny.gif

Lots of Damage done!

<{JustBleed}>

I think the thing is that the card on paper is really good.

It would be a ppv worthy card regardless.

Its just that for UFC 300 I think people expected more star power than we got, but it was always going to be a very good card.

I think a good deal of us can admit, this card freaking DELIVERED.

There were a TON of dope fights and finishes on this one.

Even the early fights had some great finishes.

Figgz
Lopes
Moicano
Jiri
Max
Poatan
The crowd was hyped too and filled the place from the first prelim, it helped with the excitement and vibe for sure.. Take a hint Dana.

I think a good deal of us can admit, this card freaking DELIVERED.

There were a TON of dope fights and finishes on this one.

Even the early fights had some great finishes.

Figgz
Lopes
Moicano
Jiri
Max
Poatan
...you were? This was a great card, even just on paper.

Oh well, glad you were pleasantly surprised.

A lot of the people online, or at least on sherdog, are very quick to hate on something because Dana White says it is going to be good. It is a weird form of contrarianism. Same thing happens with legitimate prospects. A lot of people need to focus more on fights and fighters and less on weird business drama.

100% - but you can tell who the ufc want to be in the title picture. the all american wrestler - who once again crushes a can.
Yeah, who can forget the huge push the ufc gave jon fitch. They are always favoring american wrestlers.

It was great. I didn’t sleep at all last night (prelims started at 2am, main event at 4am) and am still here typing at half past 9. If I squint hard enough and ignore the Aljo and Bo fights, one of the best events in recent (and not so recent) memory.

A lot of the people online, or at least on sherdog, are very quick to hate on something because Dana White says it is going to be good. It is a weird form of contrarianism. Same thing happens with legitimate prospects. A lot of people need to focus more on fights and fighters and less on weird business drama.

There is a saying I like and try to follow:

"Under promise and over deliver."

It is a smart way to live life and manage your business and personal affairs.

Dana's version is:

"Run your mouth all the time and never admit you were wrong."

So... yeah.

Back