Press 35x3x10
Pull 110x3x10

Sledgehammer Swings
3x15

Leg Raises
3x15

Curls
3x10

Went into the gym with no plan. This is what happened.

Those single arm kb presses really engage the core, so functional.

White boy? So it's like that huh?

Friday 7/12/13

Outdoor Run
4.5 miles

I hear they make you boys whiter than rice over in Kentucky.

3pbn27.jpg

That pic is obviously taken in the winter. The other three seasons we are barefoot and shirtless.

Monday 7/15/13

Outdoor Run
1.5 miles

Tuesday 7/16/13

Treadmill
3 miles

Dips
3 sets to failure

Close Grip Rows
3x10

Lateral Raises
2x10

Rope Pushdowns
2x10

Barbell Curls
2x10

Wednesday 7/17/13

Outdoor Run/Walk
4.25 miles

This was done during the middle of the day and it was hot so there was quite a bit of walking going on.

I'm at a bit of a standstill on what I am going to do next. I had planned on training for a half marathon in October. I thought it would be a good time to do such because I had a training partner, but whores will be whores and I now have no partner, and I get pretty bored going distances over 4 miles or so on a regular basis by myself. I'm going to spend the next few days deciding what it is I want to do. Right now I'm considering doing the half marathon anyways, going to an mma gym I just found out about in town, going back to crossfit, or just continuing to do my own thing. All of these have pros and cons so I'll just have to weigh them out and see what I want to do.

Wait, where is the lifting in here?

I am going to run another Smolov for Bench and run a similar program for Squat. just bench and squat for the next three weeks in prep for my meet. I will DL once a week, but for now I am pushin my Bench and Squat...

I know man, my squatting has been non-existent lately. I actually did squats today but I don't even know if it is worth logging cuz it was a sad showing. I've been doing a good bit of running the past few months and I really just kind of dropped squats because it was difficult for me to do both.

I'm going to decide by Monday what it is I'm about to start doing though and what I do lifting wise will vary accordingly. I'll either give the mma gym a try and if I do that I'll lift twice a week with an upper day and lower day. I might continue on with the half marathon program in which case I'll lift twice a week but won't be doing anything with my lower body. Or I might just do my own thing in which case I could lift six days a week with three of them being squat days or I could go with a more even blend of lifting and conditioning. I dunno what I want to do yet but I'll decide soon.

Thursday 7/18/13

Squats
worked up to a few sets with 225
that is pounds not kilos
it felt heavy
sad day

Sunday 7/21/13

Outdoor Run
3.11 miles

Sunday 7/21/13 cont'd
3.05 miles

Sundays are supposed to be for my long runs but I got interrupted, so I just went for another moderate distance run a few hours later.

Monday 7/22/13

Strict Press
worked up to 175, failed 180, got fail on video, might post

Strict Press
135x3x5

Incline Bench
3x12

Deadlift
3x10

Lat Pulldowns
3x12

Rope Pushdowns
5x12

Rows
3x12

Face Pulls
3x12

DB Lateral Raises
3x8

BB Curls
4 sets

So I've decided I'm going to continue with the training for the half marathon. I'll be lifting twice a week so I don't become a skinny little bitch. The game plan was for them to be full body sessions but when I did my first warm-up set for squats I found out real quick that there won't be any squatting while I'm doing this much running. I'm sure some people can manage both, but those people can fuck off.

7/29/13 Monday

Outdoor Run
1.89 miles

Bench Press
185x3x5
135x10

Rope Pushdowns
3x12

Outdoor Run
3.82 miles

Had a death in the family that caused me to miss some time but the running didn't feel too bad. Bench pressing was easy but I hadn't done it in a while so wanted to take it easy.

I tried both, but it didn't go well... Long distance running and squats for strength don't mix well for me!

Good luck brutha!

I tried both, but it didn't go well... Long distance running and squats for strength don't mix well for me!

Good luck brutha!

I think I am going to try and do some light squatting once a week but if I can't I can't. Right now the priority is running.

I think I am going to try and do some light squatting once a week but if I can't I can't. Right now the priority is running.

5/3/1 wasn't a bad protocol to follow when running. I mean I didn't make awesome rep records, but I progressed... 2-day program could work... just sayin'

Tuesday 7/30/13

Jump Rope
5x50
1x100

Heavy Bag
5 minutes

Rows
5x12

Pulldowns
3x12

Chinups
1x burnout

TRX Reverse Flys
1x burnout

Swim Laps
500 meters

Swimming always makes me sleep like a baby.

Wednesday 7/31/13

Outdoor Bike
6.5 miles

Outdoor Run
2 miles

Road a bike for the first time since I was 15, and I'm 29, so... yeah it started off pretty bad. The plan is to bike pretty regularly until I get comfortable with it because I'm not comfortable at all with it right now. I don't think it should take long though.

Thinking about a triathlon!?

I am running a half-marathon in November, and was thinking about training for a tri after that. I've been putting it off until I have some quality time with my swimming coach (the "girlfriend"), because my stroke sucks.

Thinking about a triathlon!?

I am running a half-marathon in November, and was thinking about training for a tri after that. I've been putting it off until I have some quality time with my swimming coach (the "girlfriend"), because my stroke sucks.

Yeah I'm thinking about one on September 8th. Short notice but it's a sprint so it shouldn't be too bad. 400 meters, 13 miles, 3.1 miles. There is a crew from my hometown doing it so it should be a pretty good time. Not good friends but acquaintances that I party with on occasion. The cycling is the most uncomfortable part for me currently but I already feel more comfortable with it and it's just day two.

8/1/13

Outdoor Bike
6 miles

Swim
400 meters

Run
2 miles

Monday 8/5/13

Hot Yoga
1 hour

Outdoor Run
4 miles

There were about 20 chicks there. I was the only dude. Way better than crossfit.

Back