LIVE Armed police begin operation to clear pipeline protest camp

Haha riiiight law enforcement don't have access to technology that is capable of jamming a phone signal and they have no reason to suppress the truth. None at all....

Christ. They have armored tanks, sonic weapons, drones, etc. Where was all this crazy shit during the Bundy occupation, Ferguson riots, etc?

Why the extreme reaction towards Natives?

Lol, you have fun letting the gov't run a train on you, you'll have to forgive those of us that refuse to accept that.

This is what a train run feels like?

Damn, why do people use running a train in a derogatory way if it feels this good?

Because the culture they're preserving doesn't need to be destroyed for convenience, and it happens to come at the cost of everyone's future. Why is anyone for a dangerous pipeline of gas in this day and age with all we know? It's s step backwards for humanity, not just those directly at risk by contamination and desecration. If this was a salsa pipeline through open Texas to help Mexicans eat, there'd already be a ground war.

But other than that, yeah, fuck history. Fuck culture. What's that stuff even for?

But the question is, is their culture worth preserving? Again, they were defeated, why should we give a fuck about their culture. The defeated should assimilate or go away. That is how it works. The conquerors rule the conquered.

NONE of them live in teepees, dress the part, how much of their actual culture are they even preserving.

I have a lot of friends up there and I intend to make my way up there as soon as possible. This is a fight worth fighting.

Hop on a bus then and get up there freedom fighter.

Make sure you post the video of you taking a bean bag bullet to throat, YLYL has been weak lately and I need something to watch while I burn some of that ND light sweet crude.

Dozens of breeched treaties, everyone justifies it or denies it....talk about revisionist history.
WHo gives a shit about treaties? We still defeated them militarily. End of Story. There should have been no treaties, they should been forced to assimilate.

I'm Ojibwe from MN. None of my immediate family is there at the moment.

Right on. You are just right across the way from me. You have any intention of going there at all? This is some true history going down right now. It's a great sight.

Christ. They have armored tanks, sonic weapons, drones, etc. Where was all this crazy shit during the Bundy occupation, Ferguson riots, etc?

Because of what The American Indian Movement did in the 1960's-1970's. Occupying Alcatraz, Occupying BIA building in D.C., occupying Wounded Knee...seeing this kind of shit makes me kind of wish the old guard of AIM were still alive and angry.

WHo gives a shit about treaties? We still defeated them militarily. End of Story. There should have been no treaties, they should been forced to assimilate.

So now we just pick and choose which legal government documents are valid and which are not?

It doesn't matter if you think there should have been no treaties, there was and STILL is legally binding treaties that were initiated by the government and then quickly trampled all over for hundreds of years.

Right on. You are just right across the way from me. You have any intention of going there at all? This is some true history going down right now. It's a great sight.
I've been thinking about it a lot today. The most recent video really stuck with me. You thinking you'll head over there?

Haha riiiight law enforcement don't have access to technology that is capable of jamming a phone signal and they have no reason to suppress the truth. None at all....
Cannon Ball is a town of 800 people. Do you think they'd put a cell phone tower up in that area that would handle a couple thousand devices at once?

Because of what The American Indian Movement did in the 1960's-1970's. Occupying Alcatraz, Occupying BIA building in D.C., occupying Wounded Knee...seeing this kind of shit makes me kind of wish the old guard of AIM were still alive and angry.

I'm actually in favor of the non violent approach that the younger leaders took here but as a realist I know that it will have to descend to violence on both sides eventually. You can only push people so far before all hell breaks loose. And that is exactly what the ND gov is trying to instigate to justify swift and brutal retribution for daring to get in the way of their oil money.

But the question is, is their culture worth preserving? Again, they were defeated, why should we give a fuck about their culture. The defeated should assimilate or go away. That is how it works. The conquerors rule the conquered.

NONE of them live in teepees, dress the part, how much of their actual culture are they even preserving.

This type of statement speaks volumes about who you are as a person. The fact that you regurgitate such idiotic sentiments is the very reason why all the different peoples and cultures of the world should be respected and preserved.

Don't forget Ronald Williams and Jack Coler.

I've been thinking about it a lot today. The most recent video really stuck with me. You thinking you'll head over there?

I have been following this since the beginning and tried to go a couple times but circumstances didn't work out. After watching all the coverage today, it honestly got me very emotional and scared for my brothers and sisters standing their ground there. I feel the need to be a part of this seeing as I'm roughly 300 miles away from Standing Rock and I really don't have an excuse not to, besides work.

If you understood how that tech works you'd be laughing at yourself right now. There are no signs of interference and all the signs of an overloaded system.

This has nothing to do with who is doing this and everything to do with who you guys are doing it to.

I won't fault anyone who refuses to respect the laws of people doing the same to them. Especially when we're comparing the laws guiding traffic and the laws guiding consciousness and spirituality.

It's private property only because it was taken and declared private. I'll side with the group who did that first and isn't trying to build more fossil fuel infrastructure at the cost of our future.

Are you going to stop using fossil fuels? That's what I thought.

LOL revisionist history. We were not getting our shit kicked in. We out gunned them, out numbered them, out reproduced them, out everything them. They were the ones getting their shit kicked in. Proof is in the fact that we won, they lost. Plenty of women/children massacres in Vietnam, yet we lost that war.

I guess the 7th Calvary and Custer getting their asses handed to them is revisionist history now. They will never white-wash that one away. Can't beat them in honorable conflict, resort to genocide is more like it.

Back