News Live Congressional UFO Hearings

I always found it really simple why alien life hasn't contacted us

The universe is so fucking big.

Even if we could travel at the speed of light which we can't even get close... Even if we were sending beams of light to communicate, in 100 years we are going to hit an infinitesimally small percentage of what could be out there

We don't have 400 light years of time to spend (and that's still stuff really close by)

Even if we could travel at the speed of light which we can't even get close... Even if we were sending beams of light to communicate, in 100 years we are going to hit an infinitesimally small percentage of what could be out there

We don't have 400 light years of time to spend (and that's still stuff really close by)

Light years are distance not time. And we communicate at the speed of light without the need of beams of light.

But, solid point.

The solution is a Generation Ship. It could contain an entire subculture, tribe, or micro-nation.

A generation ship, or generation starship, is a hypothetical type of interstellar ark starship that travels at sub-light speed. Since such a ship might take centuries to thousands of years to reach even nearby stars, the original occupants of a generation ship would grow old and die, leaving their descendants to continue traveling.

A serious proposed ship by Project Hyperion
Stanford_Torus-based_generation_ship.png

Cool looking speculative art
generation_ship_by_sznexus_d8q4jkn-fullview.jpg

This is The ARK from TV show "The Star Lost" from the 1970s.
latest

Light years are distance not time. And we communicate at the speed of light without the need of beams of light.

But, solid point.

400 light years of time = time it would take us to travel 400 light years at light speed.

Weird phrasing I guess.

the best way to think about it is that those dimensions could be sharing the same physical space with us but with completely different environments. no correlation at all to our physical environment.

another way to think about it is that things are composed of energy and matter... think auras and things like that and some beings can exist between two ends of the extreme... they can exist in the purely energetic realm or they can exist in the physical realm. they can travel between the two extreme ends of the spectrum. in the energy realm people are still there, the whole physical world is still there but they are transparent and energetic in appearance... same with plants and everything else.

we already have access to these other dimensions anyway. shaman already have means for traveling to these dimensions of which there are many of them. if you go on a shamanic journey and go up or down far enough you eventually hit a kind of barrier that separates different energetic realms... if you pierce that barrier you enter a different higher or lower energetic plane of existence with different beings that populate those dimensions.

Have you heard about the salvia wheel?

Have you heard about the salvia wheel?

i am aware of this model and have even been aware of it at certain times during mystical experience. my take is that it is only a metaphor though.... i dont think when people see this reality that it is what really is but is instead a visual representation for our interconnections.

The Fermi Paradox, to me, is proof that we are alone in the Universe. If there are over 10 billion planets in our galaxy alone that are capable of evolving and sustaining intelligent life, then where are they ? There are millions of planets in our galaxy that are OLDER than our Sun - yet there is no communication from any being that has evolved to at least our point on there. Life on Earth is a freak anomaly that will never happen again.
I am not taking a position as to whether there is life as advanced or more than us out there but your logic above is horribly flawed.

You seem to be assuming any advanced life would be as dumb as human's are to broadcast themselves to foreign civilizations.

What we know as human's is that if we reached a planet with ample resources and an lifeforms we could dominate and control there is a chance approaching zero that we would not find 'reasons' to dominate and take over that planet. The only thing that would stop us is if the life on that planet was more advanced with more power than us or had a reasonable chance in fighting back.

So any civilization understanding that part of their own nature, should never send blanket messages out in to the cosmos advertising 'we are here' and providing a map, when the only ones who can respond to it reasonably would be more advanced civilizations and thus pose the risk to us that we pose to less advanced civilizations.

And also are you suggesting no life whatsoever, including plant, microbiological, etc or just advanced life?

And also are you suggesting no life whatsoever, including plant, microbiological, etc or just advanced life?

Excellent question. I am asserting there is no life, no plants, no microbiological single/multi cellular life anywhere besides Earth. This is because if there were, they surely would have evolved as we did by now. I assert the Universe is 'dead' except for our planet. There are only two outcomes from this assertion:

1) We are a freak anomaly that will never happened again (my belief)

or

2) There is a God of some sort.

Excellent question. I am asserting there is no life, no plants, no microbiological single/multi cellular life anywhere besides Earth. This is because if there were, they surely would have evolved as we did by now. I assert the Universe is 'dead' except for our planet. There are only two outcomes from this assertion:

or

Well there simply is no way you can defend this comment "...This is because if there were, they surely would have evolved as we did by now..." which then makes the rest fall apart.

While the odds against sentient life approximating anything like a human in terms of sophistication can be argued to be more a coin flip, when you talk about all life all the way down to micro biological, existing you are taking a very extreme side where the betting odds would be thoroughly against you.

Let me ask one more question?

Do you think there is not a single planet in the Universe that would have conditions to support microbiological life? And before you answer understand that we have found life on earth in every area we once thought could not sustain earth. In Sulphur pools. At the bottom of the ocean where no sunlight (and thus photosynthesis) reach. In and around active volcanoes, etc.

As such the Earth example alone looking at our most hostile of regions seems to suggest 'life always finds a way', even when we look at a place and think there is no way, based on the rules as we know them, that life should be able to form there, ...and yet it does.

Oh I should have addressed this too.

Does your view stem from a religious belief at all such as 'if life did exist God or the bible would mention it'?

Because if so, you do not need to answer my prior post as I would really have no interest in engaging in discussion with you on a matter of science. I don't mean that to be insulting but what would be the point if the other person is just taking a 'faith' based position that will simply hand wave away any facts or science.

Do you think there is not a single planet in the Universe that would have conditions to support microbiological life?

No, I do not because you're not going back far enough. There is no way for life to "find a way" if life was never supposed to happen. I believe single cellular and microbial life was never supposed to exist (all things being equal). There is ZERO evidence of any life anywhere besides Earth. Every planet is dead. I also believe space, time, energy, matter have always existed in one form or another. Those things in combination with each other were never intended to create life. It happened because of an anomaly that will never happen again, ever.

Last edited:

or

? If there were hundreds of millions of planets with species like ours in the universe, we would have absolutely no way of knowing it.

No, I do not because you're not going back far enough.
not sure what you mean by this as I am considering back as far as anyone does??

There is no way for life to "find a way" if life was never supposed to happen.
well your 'if' there is the operative word. I don't believe 'life' is 'supposed to' or 'not supposed to happen'. It happens if the conditions come together to make it happen and it does not, if they do not.

I believe single cellular and microbial life was never supposed to exist (all things being equal).
Again the words "supposed to" are not really applicable. They will or will not exist if the right conditions come together.

There is ZERO evidence of any life anywhere besides Earth.
You say that as if we humans have the ability to take a good look and we do not.

It would be like a tribesman in the Amazon with no exposure to anyone outside the Amazon saying 'there is zero evidence any life outside the Amazon exists'.

It would correct for him to say that but also silly and naive. Do you understand why?

Every planet is dead.
This statement does not belong at all. You cannot prove that and have no reason to assert it. It is a silly thing to say.

I also believe space, time, energy, matter have always existed in one form or another.
Me too.

Those things in combination with each other were never intended to create life.
"Intended" is again a weird word to use. They either combine in a way that fosters life or they do not. There does not have to be some intention as if directed by a person. That is why I asked (and I noticed you did not answer) if you are a believer that God is responsible for all this and thus it was his intention that allowed it come about, and if he had created more, it would be in the bible?

It happened because of an anomaly that will never happen again, ever.
You cannot say that as if fact. That is silly to do.

There's absolutely no way of knowing whether or not this is true, and it assumes there is a singular definition of intelligence, which there isn't.

Really? I thought they done studies. Maybe I'm wrong.

Back