LOL Dana still hates GSP

LOL at all the different claims of GSP's age. He was born in May of 1981 and fought Bisping in November of 2017. So he was pretty much exactly 36 and a half. But who cares about a difference of a year anyway? Comparing different fighters from different times in different weight classes is kind of dumb, really.

Having said all that, White never made a secret of detesting GSP because he had good representation from day one and White hates good managers because they make his slimy business practices harder to pull off. Plain and simple. Always has been that way, always will be.

You can generally tell which fighters had good managers in the UFC because White loved to scorn them.

Last edited:
LOL at all the different claims of GSP's age. He was born in May of 1981 and fought Bisping in November of 2017. So he was pretty much exactly 36 and a half. But who cares about a difference of a year anyway? Comparing different fighters from different times in different weight classes is kind of dumb, really.

Having said all that, White never made a secret of detesting GSP because he had good representation from day one and White hates good managers because they make his slimy business practices harder to pull off. Plain and simple. Always had been that way, always will be.

You can generally tell which fighters had good managers in the UFC because White loved to scorn them.

Stop with the victimism.

GSP is a fighter that for most of his championship run refused to take risks, and played an ultra-conservative game plan with very low finishing rate. Some fans were fine with it, so many others weren't. It was a common criticism from MMA fans who didnt have any idea about who the fuck was George's agent.

It's no secret why a guy whose job is promoting exciting fights, specially Dana White in particular, didnt like GSP that much. No need of the victim card

1. ChampionMichael Bisping
  2. 1Yoel Romero
  3. 2Luke Rockhold
  4. 3Ronaldo Souza
  5. 4Chris Weidman
  6. 5Gegard Mousasi
  7. 6Robert Whittaker
  8. 7Anderson Silva
  9. 8Vitor Belfort
  10. 9Derek Brunson
  11. 10Tim Kennedy
HEAVYWEIGHT
JON JONES
CHAMPION

1 Ciryl Gane
2 Sergei Pavlovich
3 Stipe Miocic
4 Curtis Blaydes
5 Tom Aspinall
6 Tai Tuivasa
7 Alexander Volkov
8 Serghei Spivac
9 Jairzinho Rozenstruik
10 Marcin Tybura

Relative to his division he is.
Gane has way better match ups in the top 10 compared to Bisping and actually earned a title shot.
+ I doubt Gane would got life and death with number 13 Dakaus like Bisping did with Henderson.
Hendo is an anomaly. He has the greatest list of wins in MMA history. Bisping beat him with 1 eye. Don't downplay it. This guy beat the actual champion Luke Rockhold.

Bisping is a better fighter than Gane. Gane is just lucky that HW has barely anyone that wrestles or grapples in general. Just a bunch of headhunters

Stop with the victimism.

GSP is a fighter that for most of his championship run refused to take risks, and played an ultra-conservative game plan with very low finishing rate. Some fans were fine with it, so many others weren't. It was a common criticism from MMA fans who didnt have any idea about who the fuck was George's agent.

It's no secret why a guy whose job is promoting exciting fights, specially Dana White in particular, didnt like GSP that much. No need of the victim card
It's just a fact. If you look back, especially earlier in GSP's career, White made no bones about hating managers and GSP's management he hated most of all and said so publicly more than once. My point was I agree with those who are saying White is all about money and nothing else, really, and he hates anything standing in the way between him and more money.

And I don't consider GSP a victim here. He beat White's slimy game over and over. I think it's fucking great.

Edit: by the way, I don't even really follow the sport anymore so I think you over-estimate how much I care about this. I was just pointing out the actual reason White hates GSP--a little googling should help verify that if you care to try but it was a long time ago, so possibly not.

Last edited:
Hendo is an anomaly. He has the greatest list of wins in MMA history. Bisping beat him with 1 eye. Don't downplay it. This guy beat the actual champion Luke Rockhold.

Bisping is a better fighter than Gane. Gane is just lucky that HW has barely anyone that wrestles or grapples in general. Just a bunch of headhunters
Bisping is a better fighter than Gane.
Gane is in a way worse division.

So he's better than Bisping relatively to his division.

Stop with the victimism.

GSP had 2 careers. Pre-Matt Serra, he had 13 wins, 10 finishes. Post Serra, he had 13 wins, 4 finishes. But calling his plan "ultra conservative" is just silly. He absolutely dominated and bloodied people. Nobody could mount an offense against him that was sustainable. Condit landed a good head kick, Shields blinded him with an eye poke, and then Hendricks used his pre-USADA downfall to take it to him. Outside of that everyone he fought was battered, bloody and beaten even if they weren't finished.

GSP had 2 careers. Pre-Matt Serra, he had 13 wins, 10 finishes. Post Serra, he had 13 wins, 4 finishes. But calling his plan "ultra conservative" is just silly. He absolutely dominated and bloodied people. Nobody could mount an offense against him that was sustainable. Condit landed a good head kick, Shields blinded him with an eye poke, and then Hendricks used his pre-USADA downfall to take it to him. Outside of that everyone he fought was battered, bloody and beaten even if they weren't finished.

Yeah I was refering to his post-Serra career. Still, it's indeed an exaggeration to call it ultra-conservative but keep in mind that we are talking about him being compared with Jones and Silva, who obviously both were more willing to take risks and were much more prolific finishing fights.

The funny part about that moment is considering Jones extensive criminal background, If anyone should be looking to avoid the other, it’s obviously GSP, avoiding Jones lol.
I just thought it was funny because even though they were shoulder to shoulder they didn't notice each other.

It's apples and oranges. The reporter asked him about Cejudo's return and Dana spun it into kissing Jones' ass but the difference is, Cejudo fought a defending champ and difficult style matchup. They gave Jones a perfectly gift-wrapped opponent stylistically, they knew Gane had 0 grappling but deliberately matchmade him to avoid grapplers up until that point, so he was built up beating chubby HW strikers like Tai, Derek and Bigi Boy, and then fed him to Jones as an easy but credible opponent in his return fight.

They played chess with the whole situation and protected Gane, until they could get Ngannou out of the picture. Jones would've came back a year sooner if Gane had won the fight with Francis and fought him then. The whole point here is letting Jones avoid the way more dangerous matchup of Ngannou who has a fair % chance to flatline him in round 1, he could've ate some shots from Gane if he needed to and still won, he couldn't have eaten shots from Francis and everyone knew it. That's why Jones stayed out that long, thats why he agreed to fight anyone BUT Ngannou for the belt the moment he left.

Jones ducked Ngannou, now and forever. As long as threads are made about him, I will be here to remind people of that. He refused to give fans the fight people wanted to see, and instead cherrypicked a free win from a guy with 0 grappling/wrestling, and then is going to fight 40 year old Stipe and retire rather than actually try to test himself against the best guys. This debacle tarnishes his legacy far more than it helps it.

It's just a fact. If you look back, especially earlier in GSP's career, White made no bones about hating managers and GSP's management he hated most of all and said so publicly more than once. My point was I agree with those who are saying White is all about money and nothing else, really, and he hates anything standing in the way between him and more money.

And I don't consider GSP a victim here. He beat White's slimy game over and over. I think it's fucking great.

Edit: by the way, I don't even really follow the sport anymore so I think you over-estimate how much I care about this. I was just pointing out the actual reason White hates GSP--a little googling should help verify that if you care to try but it was a long time ago, so possibly not.
Incidentally and just for the record, sources for the above:

Holly Holm’s manager on Dana White: ‘He hates my guts’
Dana White doesn't really get along well with MMA managers. This is pretty well known. But ever since Holly Holm even began negotiating to…

https://www.sports-king.com/dana-white-hates-francis-ngannou-3218/
"There was a time when UFC President Dana White was fully behind the Francis Ngannou hype machine. White would often boast about Ngannou's punching power and brag that the Cameroonian was going to be a future superstar for the company.

The UFC does not like Francis Ngannou's management team.

Here is the fastest way to get on the wrong side of the UFC - hire a management team that is not specifically focused on the mixed martial arts world.

Francis Ngannou is represented by Marquel Martin, who works for CAA, which reps a number of talents from different industries.

Dana White has trashed similar management teams in the past - remember how often he'd complain about St. Pierre's management team, or Gina Carano's team?

These management teams are not primarily focused on MMA, and are looking to expose their clients to as many markets as possible."

And it it weren't so hard to get google to not focus on only very recent events I could find lots of other instances with other fighters. DfW fucking haaaaaaaaates good managers.

In the 288 post presser he talked about how great Jones is, saying "Who other than Jon Jones has taken 3 years off and looked as incredible as he did, going in there finishing a guy in a division he has never fought before as easily as he did."

The reporter says "Maybe GSP but he had a tough time with Bisping", to which Dana replies: "I don't know know if anybody has ever done it like Jon Jones" - absolutely no-selling GSP. It's almost hilarious at this point.

Of course Jones made it look easier than GSP but

- GSP had been gone for 4 years, Jones had been gone for 3 years
- GSP was 37, Jones was 35
- Bisping had a lot of experience and is very well rounded with excellent tdd, Gane is hilariously one-dimensional with not one day of wrestling, grappling or jiu jitsu experience

Not saying Jones didn't look good. But absolutely no-selling GSP is ridiculous.

At 37:25

He's a promoter promoting a product in which he has a vested interest, I don't see a controversy here, tbh.

Bisping sucks and Gane is a better win.
Nah thats not true.

Bisping isnt some standup guy who cant fight on the ground. In his career Bisping has fought the best of the best,and in the end he was able to get the belt and defend it. Gane has not and may not ever manage even half of what Bisping has done.

Stop with the victimism.

GSP sold out arenas. Ticket sales are what makes Dana money so yes, Dana is nothing but a petty hater.

Maybe if GSP failed a few drug tests and beat his spouse Dana would put some ‘hespect on his name

Back