Look how bad Ronnie Coleman's condition has gotten

Thanks. So you think "LISS" is better for me than high-intensity cardio?
30 minutes a day. You can even use a bike or walk. Just watch some Baki and ride an exercise bike. 50 goblet squats isn't enough. How long does that set take you to finish?

The guy was one of the best to ever do it. The issue is more the fact he took it to the absolute extreme and was already a ginormous person. The body only has so much in it and he sacrificed it earlier to be the best at his time.

Most of the body building guys are like this. Do you really think the current instagram culture of PED use at 18, isn;t going to be like this even younger? They are skipping the initial 5-10 years of drug free lifting most of these guys had prior to jumping on the gear.

Absolutely they will start using younger once they see the insurmountable edge that steroids give you.

Edge at what? Taking shirtless photos? This generation doesn't even compete in powerlifting or bodybuilding.

They just sell programs and post vlogs on social media.
I mean yes but it’s a different battlefield.

I mean yes but it’s a different battlefield.
Battlefield? It's taking copious amounts of drugs to look good for instagram likes.

It's not a battlefield. It's just the new version of getting plastic surgery, but done for guys instead.

I can understand Ronnie Coleman using PEDs. Little Jimmy taking shirtless selfies in good lighting is wasting their time. Especially now that all these guys are a dime a dozen and you could swap them out at anytime with each other.

Battlefield? It's taking copious amounts of drugs to look good for instagram likes.

It's not a battlefield. It's just the new version of getting plastic surgery, but done for guys instead.

I can understand Ronnie Coleman using PEDs. Little Jimmy taking shirtless selfies in good lighting is wasting their time. Especially now that all these guys are a dime a dozen and you could swap them out at anytime with each other.
true but not everybody sees it that way obviously

Especially now that all these guys are a dime a dozen and you could swap them out at anytime with each other.

And this is a huge reason I’ll be lifetime natural. I’ll be separating myself from the crowd by reviving the lost art of real natural powerlifting. Guys like Hepburn, Davis, and Anderson.

I‘ve met juiced people in my gym that I could outlift.

Absolutely they will start using younger once they see the insurmountable edge that steroids give you.
Nothing has really changed. The guys who compete professionally always started using early in life. There are also many people that used at a young age that amounted to nothing.

Like another poster said. There are more young kids using now but they are selling programs and likes. It's actually easier for them now too. They have photoshop, lighting, professional grade cameras and angle manipulation. Being really big hasn't been popular in a while. With guys like Sam Sulek, maybe bulking is back on the menu but he is hardly a mass monster. He is about 230 lbs. He looks huge on social media but he gets mogged when he is standing near professionals.

Lifting progressively heavier weight causes hypertrophy, whatever nerds might say. Ronnie was training perfectly for his purposes.

Bro science.

There are lot's of different (and successful) approaches to weight & volume in bodybuilding and most of them are probably a lot healther than Ronnie's.

Healther for the joints that is, they obviously all include a ton of roids.

Just a little sad seeing one who was once the most muscular and goat reduced to this. But yeah, shit happens this takes nothing away from his legacy.

<{dayum}>

That's rough.

But with all due respect, I don't understand how people are saying that it doesn't take away from his legacy. His condition is literally a testament to the fact that he did things wrong.

Young men ought to see this and take heed, not repeating the things he did to get where he got.

<{dayum}>

That's rough.

But with all due respect, I don't understand how people are saying that it doesn't take away from his legacy. His condition is literally a testament to the fact that he did things wrong.

Young men ought to see this and take heed, not repeating the things he did to get where he got.
From what I understand back problems run in his family and it was the botching of back surgery that really fucked him up. But it's not my area of study/interest. Just an IIRC.

From what I understand back problems run in his family and it was the botching of back surgery that really fucked him up. But it's not my area of study/interest. Just an IIRC.

If his condition isn't due to the years of abuse his body endured in his pursuit of bodybuilding glory, than I retract what I said.

Either way that lifestyle is absurd. Coleman, and those like him, need to not be the standard. It's legitimately unhealthy.

He required the back surgery because he ruptured a disc lifting and then was back lifting again after two weeks.

<{dayum}>

That's rough.

How would it take away from his legacy? The legacy of a bodybuilder isn't built on (no pun) being as healthy as possible. Everyone understands this, because it's not healthy to be 300lbs and sub 10% bodyfat. It's built on being as great at building muscle as possible and being lean, and in that sense, he is a legend. There's tons of top competitors that are fucked up by injuries in every sport; it doesn't take away from their legacy.
Either way that lifestyle is absurd. Coleman, and those like him, need to not be the standard.
Of course it is, but you could say this about many professional sports. It comes with the territory.

How would it take away from his legacy? The legacy of a bodybuilder isn't built on (no pun) being as healthy as possible. Everyone understands this, because it's not healthy to be 300lbs and sub 10% bodyfat. It's built on being as great at building muscle as possible and being lean, and in that sense, he is a legend. There's tons of top competitors that are fucked up by injuries in every sport; it doesn't take away from their legacy.

Of course it is, but you could say this about many professional sports. It comes with the territory.

If you wreck yourself in the process, I think that ought to be factored into your "legacy".

Ronnie ended up as fucked up as he is now because he decided not to listen to his doctors/surgeons.

Whether or not he has regrets is something only Ronnie knows, but the condition he is in today was most certainly avoidable.

It’s so sad how he ended up. I don’t understand, how did this happen as a result of his back surgery? I know he had herniated disks and I think I read he got crippled from his back surgery.

Back